Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Evolution takes pride in ignitions that fire immediately on power-up??

Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Evolution takes pride in ignitions that fire immediately on power-up??

Old 12-13-2006, 09:56 AM
David_Moen

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Evolution takes pride in ignitions that fire immediately on power-up??

I have cleareaout pricing on 2006 model 35, 45 and 58cc MVVS engines with nice, reliable, 4.8V powered ignitions!
Old 12-21-2006, 02:25 AM
wttiger42

Default RE: Evolution takes pride in ignitions that fire immediately on power-up??

Sorry to hear about your buddy being hurt. I had no idea this motor would do that. Ive been using one since june and never had a problem. Well, one time i was holding onto the spark plug when i turned the ignition on, it did its fire thing in my hand. Holy hell it hurt and scared the crap out of me.
Old 12-21-2006, 12:09 PM
Tor

I had an Evolution 45GX with the new ignition, great engine, great ignition, easy starting and no issues when turning on the ignition.

I have to agree with what's already been said. It's a shame what happened but don't blame it on the engine (which one was it btw?). In my oppinion his fingers had no business being in that place when turning it on - that is his fault and no one elses. I could have happened with other engines aswell, had his arm or sleve or what ever accidently pushed the prop past the sensor. In an case your topic should have been "never reach through a prop, with ignition turned on" - even thought that should be a no-brainer. Also don't blame the engine for not have a manual supplied, blame Horizon.

Lastly, the new features are not useless. The autochoke of the 45 and 58 works perfect, and makes starting extrely easy and idling very low and reliable. Furthermore it has different programable curves for muffler or can. Protection against reverse running (yes it is necessary as this engine tend to run backwards when starting with the old ignition). "Thats because the engine is crap" - no it's because it has an aggresivly set ignition. These engines originate from racing engines and not a converted lawnmover engine.

Hope your buddy is recovering ok and has not lost his spirit.