Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1335

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Copperhead Venom 45

ok,

Everyone who has complained has been on this site tonight. Why not answer my posts?? Remember, where there is smoke there is fire!!
    Tim - Ohio Model Products / Copperhead Aviation
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.copperheadaviation.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Tim
    On post 1197 there is a picture of a 45 with a velocity stack,,,,will this help with the air pressure problem with cowl on??? I am on here and did have concerns about warrenty as it does take along time for responses,,,which I know has lead me to wonder what is happening,,,,It is nothing personal just wondering in case of a problem....my engine has ran good but still has the air pressure prob with cowl on which I have never had with my us41 or z45 on many different planes....

bec123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bec123

Hello Tim
    On post 1197 there is a picture of a 45 with a velocity stack,,,,will this help with the air pressure problem with cowl on??? I am on here and did have concerns about warrenty as it does take along time for responses,,,which I know has lead me to wonder what is happening,,,,It is nothing personal just wondering in case of a problem....my engine has ran good but still has the air pressure prob with cowl on which I have never had with my us41 or z45 on many different planes....

bec123
    Your first question: will a velocity stack help the air pressure problem within the cowl.

Who knows, it depends on the cowling. This is a question you should be asking the Arf manufacture as it’s not a function of the engine.

You are concerned about warranty problems, Do you have a claim?? Or are you just fanning some imanaganary flames?
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 45 is still there?
    http://www.copperheadaviation.com/co...?idCategory=82

Pe,
    MVVS, MTW, Mejzlik.
    Thank you,

not sure what to say here other than do you read???
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm tired and need to sleep, I will wait 1 hour. Where are the complaints?? If there are issues from you guys I need to know about them now. I checked complainers are all on line.
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm not a complainer ... my V45 runs fine, and is a stump puller!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: CopperheadAV

I'm tired and need to sleep, I will wait 1 hour. Where are the complaints?? If there are issues from you guys I need to know about them now. I checked complainers are all on line.
    Tim,

I am worried as I have 2 x Venom 45s which I have not run in a plane yet as I am a slow builder. I need to know that there is support out there and your presence here on the forum helps a great deal to know that we can get a response.

Mark your buddy has stated he no longer repairs Venom engines and has returned the spare parts.

As Mark was such a great communicator and engine expert ( we will miss his input) are you going to be frequently available on the forums to answer any questions ...?

So far I have found the engine a very strong puller and am lookinf forward to gettin some flying time with it next week.

Thanks for your getting back to us when you did.

Dubflyer.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dubflyer,

I give up, you’re just complaining now for no good reason. You are now worried about something that might happen in the future. Ask for warranty work, If I don’t come through, then *****.
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

45,170.00 Views. Now there is a problem.??? Guys, get a life.
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Copperhead Aviation Venom 45-30

ORIGINAL: dubflyer

ORIGINAL: JJTORRANT

That is the solution to the fault of parts to replace the crank to venom 45 , and to the bad service of this company
    Hi JJTORRANT,

You are obviously a very talanted and capable individual to make a reproduction of a crankshaft.

Sad to say that Tim has removed all images of the Venom 45 off his website[:-]

http://www.copperheadaviation.com/co...idCategory=156

Which means that we are left high and dry when it come to a major breakdown of a crankshaft component. [:@]

Looking forward to hearing how the new crankshaft performs in the Venom 45..........or it it now a JJTORRANT 45..??

best wishes and well done.

Dubflyer
    I realize you are trying to give real time info and help the community out, please read our site. That was on old bookmarked link and tried to bone us on. Dude, pay attention and get it right.
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tim,

I didn't think it was appropriate to post matters of money and unkept promises in the thread. That is why I sent you the pm. It wasn't a threat. Now the story.

Upper rod bearing failed.

Called Tim, was told I could send it to Mark for warranty repair. I did. Engine was returned quickly, but during the repair one of the cylinder base bolt holes were stripped out during the re-assembly. I called Tim and was told if I sent it back to Mark, he would reemburse the shipping for the second trip to Mark. All I had to do was send him an invoice. I sent him a pdf of my FedEx account charges for the second shipping.

Well, Mark received the engine the second time and called me and told me he was no longer doing warranty for Tim. If I wanted it fixed I could pay him to ship it to Tim or pay him to fix it. I then contacted Tim and was told he woud get Mark to ship the engine to him for repair. Several days past, I contacted Mark to see if Tim had arranged getting the engine back to Copperhead. Nope. I told Mark to ship it back to me at my expense and I would repair it myself. I did.

So should I expect Tim to stand by his promise to reemburse me for the second shipping? Should I have to pay the shipping back a second time when the first repair caused the need for the second repair?

I happen to know of businesses that would step right up and pay the shipping the second time. I'm sure there are many others out there that do also.

Well that is the story.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I sent you a PM and you post it[:'(] Thats tacky bro.
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: w5kfg

I just got off line with Paypal to file a claim and they said they can't handle that type of claim so $309 for the engine not including numerous long dist. calls. I am highly frustated at this point [>:][][&o]
    Bill B

I called you 6 times since I got back?? I have an internet phone, I can give up my call logs if you want? I was calling you as you were posting.

Tim
    I am sorry if I miss your calls while you were posting. I have dial up and when I am on line the phone will not ring.
    I left a msg on your answering machine last night with my cell# as I will be on the road today. Do you have any idea when I will receive my engine?
    Regards
    Bill

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The 45 is still there?
    http://www.copperheadaviation.com/co...?idCategory=82

Pe,
    MVVS, MTW, Mejzlik.
    Thank you,

not sure what to say here other than do you read???
    Tim, I am with you on this issue. Just wanted to post the right link for everyone to see that the engine was still listed.
    Having worked with Chinese engines, I know what it's about to get good ratings, and admire the work you do and your perseverance in bringing a good product on the market.
    Pe, (www.mvvs.nl), MVVS, MOKImotor, RCexl, MTW, Xoar, Mejzlik.
    Blessing in ignorance? There is sanctuary in analysis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Tim
    I thought my post was a legit post and a real question as it is the engine that is going rich not the cowl. yes i know the cowl will be part of the solution but still I thought it was a simple question to answer... SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP will the velocity stack make a difference on this engine and stop it from running rich in the air...I do not want to spend time soldering etc as I have not had to do this on any of my other gas engines.. as it is obviously not a warrenty issue anyone with ideas would be appreciated.

bec123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Tim and all
    Just a footnote,,,my 45 is running strong and swinging a 22/8 pro zinger at approx 7150rpm and I am looking at trying other props,,, I have maybe 1 gallon through it...I am going to try the xoar 22/8 maybe lower rpm but better pull and also am going to try some 21/8 props...the 45 is going to go in a gp cap 232 in the spring. I have flown it in a sig suhkoi at approx 15lbs and flies good but the cowl has to be off.. I may cut the cowl more but not sure...hoping to not have to cut up the cap cowl...will see in the spring..

bec123

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have had to put a nipple and tube on my 26CC gasser last week after playing with the needle settings for way too long.
    The engine now is very easy to adjust and the static air fixed my problem.

I would try the static air solution first as I am sure the Velocity stack ( which I have on my carb also ) had nothing to do with my engine running rich problem.

best of luck,

Dubflyer

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bec123

Hello Tim
    I thought my post was a legit post and a real question as it is the engine that is going rich not the cowl. yes i know the cowl will be part of the solution but still I thought it was a simple question to answer... SO IF ANYONE CAN HELP will the velocity stack make a difference on this engine and stop it from running rich in the air...I do not want to spend time soldering etc as I have not had to do this on any of my other gas engines.. as it is obviously not a warrenty issue anyone with ideas would be appreciated.

bec123
    Interesting thread here!! I would venture to say that any gasser could have rich running / position / pressure problems in certain airplanes. It is hard to predict when this might happen ... one installation will be just fine ... another just like it might have problems. If you are unwilling to try various fixes, you're part of the problem. But Tim should have been more helpful with suggestions for a fix. I have never heard of an engine mfgr. suggesting that it was the airframe mfgr. that should be responsible for the fix. A static line to the fuselage, to a balsa box or a pill bottle might be worth a try as would just putting a baffle in front of the carb. A velocity stack might help too .... then it might even aggravate the problem. You just have to experiment to find the solution. Lots of info here in the engine forum about this subject as it is quite common. Good luck!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The cowling (airframe) can and does have a large affect on tuning and performance of any engine - gas or glow for that matter. There are tons of threads on this subject and many tips on how to install and use both static pressure lines and velocity stacks. Many examples of folks having to do this on all manufacturers including DA, 3W, Brison, etc. Cowlings do funny things to air pressures around carbs. Guess that is why I prefer profiles!
    Mike (Salmon) Pilkenton, Chief Slab Designer
    Ohio Model Planes

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Is the exit area of your cowl at least twice the inlet area? Three times would be even better. Increasing the exit area will prevent a pressure buildup in the cowl and improve cooling.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

pe reivers,

Thank you and I appreciate your complements.

I have watched your posts and you obviously a very knowledgeable engineer. You have much to offer in the engine forum and I hope everyone appreciates your contributions. Porps to you!!!!

Cheers,
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good tip!!

Cheers,
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have had to put a nipple and tube on my 26CC gasser last week after playing with the needle settings for way too long.

I would try the static air solution first as I am sure the Velocity stack ( which I have on my carb also ) had nothing to do with my engine running rich problem.

best of luck,

Dubflyer
    Where did you put the nipple and tube?? What was the configuration?

Tim
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

best of luck,

Dubflyer

Tim
    Hi Tim,

Adam from BCMA gave me the tip on what to do. I have included pics of a similar installation and also two posts from RCU

My case was the engine running OK ...........but just as the plane accelerated down the ruway it became rich and ran rough.

After the mod the carb is more responsive to the needle settings and much easier to adjust + I have max power now all the time

I did all the other things first.........replace carb gaskets. rotated Velocity stack ; removed Velocity Stack ...replaced ignition module + plug.
    Installed another carb.

By the way I left the end of my tube open inside the fuse.........I see some folks are putting a pill box on the end

Hope this helps.

Post1
    With the conventional style carb, erratic running in flight (either becoming rich, or lean) can often be traced to the high speed air flow over, or into, the carb's sensing hole. By allowing this sense hole to pick up calm air, by means of installing a small piece of tubing leading from the sense hole to anywhere inside the fuselage, the erratic conditions can be cured.

Post2
    Basically on the carb diaphram cover plate a piece of copper tube is soldered to it and sealed around the bottom of the tube , so no air from in the cowl can get in. Next a piece of tubing is attached to the copper tube and routed into the fuse. The idea is to prevent the pressurised air inside the cowl getting into the static port of the diaphram cover plate and forcing the diaphram onto the needle at increasing the fuel flow, and therefore making the engine run extremely rich. So the diaphram is now only subject to the static air pressure inside the fuselage. So in theory it shouldn't turn rich when the cowl becomes pressurised with ram air.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us52799.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	822554   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qm35921.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	822555  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

best of luck,

Dubflyer

Tim
    Hi Tim,

Adam from BCMA gave me the tip on what to do. I have included pics of a similar installation and also two posts from RCU

My case was the engine running OK ...........but just as the plane accelerated down the ruway it became rich and ran rough.

After the mod the carb is more responsive to the needle settings and much easier to adjust + I have max power now all the time

I did all the other things first.........replace carb gaskets. rotated Velocity stack ; removed Velocity Stack ...replaced ignition module + plug.
    Installed another carb.

By the way I left the end of my tube open inside the fuse.........I see some folks are putting a pill box on the end

Hope this helps.

Post1
    With the conventional style carb, erratic running in flight (either becoming rich, or lean) can often be traced to the high speed air flow over, or into, the carb's sensing hole. By allowing this sense hole to pick up calm air, by means of installing a small piece of tubing leading from the sense hole to anywhere inside the fuselage, the erratic conditions can be cured.

Post2
    Basically on the carb diaphram cover plate a piece of copper tube is soldered to it and sealed around the bottom of the tube , so no air from in the cowl can get in. Next a piece of tubing is attached to the copper tube and routed into the fuse. The idea is to prevent the pressurised air inside the cowl getting into the static port of the diaphram cover plate and forcing the diaphram onto the needle at increasing the fuel flow, and therefore making the engine run extremely rich. So the diaphram is now only subject to the static air pressure inside the fuselage. So in theory it shouldn't turn rich when the cowl becomes pressurised with ram air.

We adressed this here and have posted it many times: http://www.venomengines.com/Comersus...arb_tuneup.asp
    www.ohiomodelplanes.com
    www.rcmanufacturing.com

Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast