Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Copperhead Venom 45

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 06:34 AM
marcnrobin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Copperhead Venom 45

I'm not into 3D that much........mainly IMAC/Precision aerobatics. I have the same airplane with a MOKI 2.10 and it performs like its on rails! However, the MOKI is very thirsty drinking about 2 oz per minute of glow fuel, gas is much cheaper and cleaner. I will probably put a smoke system on the gas plane as well. Any tips/suggestions on mounting, cowl cutouts, etc....would be greatly appreciated.
You can reply back to my email at [email protected]

Marc
Old 03-23-2008, 11:11 AM
Chumley

Marc,

Sorry, but I don't have any suggestions. My Venom was mounted on a profile Extra, so not much will be the same.

Chumley
Old 04-03-2008, 09:01 AM
dmajchrzak
My Feedback: (17)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After a long cold winter off from flying, I'm ready to go out and start up my new Venom 45cc gasser. I go to the www.venomengines.com website to find out... ITS NOT THERE. It links me back to the parent site of Copperhead... This is fine, but now it appears the Copperhead NO LONGER CARRIES VENOM ENGINES?

Oh my achin' head.

Anybody know what's going on? Anybody still carry Venom engines? I wonder where I go to get support?
Old 04-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Flyer Freq

The 30CC engine had a pre-release problem with the casting. The cost to redo it was too high, in Tim's book, so he ran out on the whole Venom Engines project. Where to get service? Who knows!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:18 PM
Chumley

Copperhead is now combined with Ohio Model Planes. Here is a link to the Venom customer service at OMP:
http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/comersus/store/index.asp

Chumley
Old 04-03-2008, 11:57 PM
CopperheadAV

Guys,

I owned a 3% share in copperhead but got labeled as owner. There were 4 partners in Copperhead. When everyone disappeared, I kept the name and covered all warranty and paid all past bills and debts despite my 3%. This was a huge loss for my wife and I but we have tried to do the right thing and keep up. My wife and I are the sole owners of the factory in China and do make many Arfs for US companies other than OMP.

I work a full time Job as well as dose my wife. We could never live on the profits form an RC company, we are not that big and few companies in the US can.

We joined up with OMP for an outlet to distribute our ARF’s and provide service if needed.

We don’t currently sell the venom engines because we are out of stock. I’m in China right now to finish and inspect our next ARF shipment to the US and finish the final changes on the next 3 models of venom engines.

I made this post for the legitimate guys that have concerns, the rest, the guys that have an ax to grind, I will address!
Old 04-04-2008, 12:00 AM
CopperheadAV

ORIGINAL: Chumley

Copperhead is now combined with Ohio Model Planes. Here is a link to the Venom customer service at OMP:

Chumley

If you have a question, send copperhead an email, not OMP. We have parts for repairs. I get tons of email, Do you have parts??? The answer is yes!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:37 PM
ryan_m

I completely gave up on my Venom. Needed servicing due to a couple of prop strikes that it suffered at my hands. So I sent it in, took 3 months to get back but I finally got it back supposedly with a new crankshaft since mine was bent. Within 10-12 flights after getting the engine back from servicing it developed an odd noise while in the air, so I immediately turned back to land and the engine died. Landed with no problem, tried to get ahold of Copperhead via the email address in the manual, via the website, PM's here and other forums to Tim - never got an answer. Tried calling the posted numbers, no answer. Left messages, never returned. Called OMP they referred me to Copperhead, I said that they didn't return my calls, they said Hmmm.. they do mine. I gave up. Opened up the case myself and took a look, broken crankshaft. Within 10-12 flights of getting a supposed brand new one in it and never a prop strike or anything bad on the new one? Since I couldn't get ahold of anybody for parts and/or servicing it I threw the engine away. Worthless piece of junk now.

Good luck to whoever has one - I'm done with 'em.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:58 PM
Chumley

ORIGINAL: CopperheadAV

ORIGINAL: Chumley

Chumley

If you have a question, send copperhead an email, not OMP. We have parts for repairs. I get tons of email, Do you have parts??? The answer is yes!!!!
Tim,

Sorry, didn't mean it to sound like you were the same company, only that is seems your website is part of OMPs and that there was a link to your service on that page for those who couldn't find it. Great news about parts being available. My Venom is a great running engine and I'm very happy with the performance!

Chumley
Old 04-04-2008, 09:06 PM
bec123

Hi.
I had a question a while back about ignition module... I emailed Tim later in evening approx 8 and I had a response in less than 1/2 hr. I needed clarification and emailed Tim the next day and again had a response within 1 hr answering my question. I like my engine it is powerful, I did not pay alot for it $350,, if it breaks down it will be lesson learned,,, but until it does I will keep flying it......and enjoying it

bec
Old 04-05-2008, 02:49 AM
majortom-RCU
My Feedback: (40)

Tim, some days it's tough to make a buck. While you're in China, see if they have a saying equivalent to 'no good deed goes unpunished.' If not, maybe you could put it in circulation. I for one have had no problems (yet) with my Venom 45. I give you credit for showing up on this forum, hanging out an e-mail address. Nice to know parts are available. Hope the business holds up well.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:58 PM
CopperheadAV

ORIGINAL: majortom-RCU

Tim, some days it's tough to make a buck. While you're in China, see if they have a saying equivalent to 'no good deed goes unpunished.' If not, maybe you could put it in circulation. I for one have had no problems (yet) with my Venom 45. I give you credit for showing up on this forum, hanging out an e-mail address. Nice to know parts are available. Hope the business holds up well.

Ah, how true.

For some reason I failed Spanish and French, yet I have been able to pick up Mandarin and Cantonese and I read and write somewhat. Everyone here is happy an American has taken the time to learn their language and they bend over backwards to help me Improve. Most Americans Business men here embarrass me and abuse the Chinese people. Sorry!!

'No good deed goes unpunished.' 好行为ä¸æ˜¯é€é¥æ³•å¤–, The Chinese expression is: “For the good behavior you will not get off scot-free!!†That’s the best English translation and it applies to your boss. LOL.

Cheers,

Old 04-05-2008, 05:33 PM
CopperheadAV

ORIGINAL: sean sutherland

Surely they will send your engine back w5kfg ? Whats the outcome ? I was thinking of giving this engine a try !
Shaun,

You’re starting to irritate me and this isn’t good for your business.

Let me update you here so it doesn’t show up in the profile forum. I traced the copied Fusions. It came from a factory that had been used in the past and the cads were past unlawfully by your ARF provider. (If RCU management wants me to post this I will)

Those in question were arrested Thursday and were released upon my request. (I can provide the Police report; the factory is included in English)

The Chinese want to be the country to go to for manufacturing and are tired of this practice, they are lucky I was able to get them released. It cost me a $100 USD fairy ride but they gave up the real story. Don’t press me too much. You’re a young man and I would like to see you be successful, if you continue, I’m not sure.

This being said, go back to Shaun’s previous posts and all will see he has an ax to grind.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:29 PM
CopperheadAV

ORIGINAL: Flyer Freq

The 30CC engine had a pre-release problem with the casting. The cost to redo it was too high, in Tim's book, so he ran out on the whole Venom Engines project. Where to get service? Who knows!

Flyer Freq,

You’re a hell of a nice guy and this makes me sad. That’s not what I said and I think I bought back every 30cc engine I ever sold or gave away for testing. What I did say, is why make engine cases that my workers cant accurately install cranks??? How dose the translate to the cases are too expensive??? Please explain.

Guys, lets straiten the folk lore all out now.
Old 04-05-2008, 07:07 PM
CopperheadAV

Ralph,

Im in China. I got your message but cant return it without an email address. I hve vonage and get all messages through my email. I would suggest if you want me to contact you, leave me your email address!!
Old 04-05-2008, 07:21 PM
Flyer Freq

Tim:

From December 11th through April 3rd, you disappeared from this thread. For months, I watched people who purchased this engine, and had problems, get frustrated and in some cases seem desperate for some sort of resolution. This made me sad. You know that I have no ax to grind. I am a spectator here. I have been pulling for you. I have a friend that purchased one of your 45's, and had a carb problem, and never received his replacement. He became fearful and never has mounted the engine. This made me sad, since my reputation with my buddies has been tarnished. The information on the 30CC engines, I felt was reputable. I sat on it all these months, not saying a word, until I got frustrated watching this thread. I will be the first to admit that my information was second hand, and I wish I hadn't said anything. I want nothing more than for you to rebuild your reputation here. You may not feel that you have a reputation to rebuild, but there are those that feel otherwise. I wish you the best of luck! I mean you know harm. If there is anything else that needs to be said, I welcome PM's, unless you feel it is important for others to read. I just want to see everyone satisfied.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:38 PM
CopperheadAV

ORIGINAL: Flyer Freq

Tim:

From December 11th through April 3rd, you disappeared from this thread. For months, I watched people who purchased this engine, and had problems, get frustrated and in some cases seem desperate for some sort of resolution. This made me sad. You know that I have no ax to grind. I am a spectator here. I have been pulling for you. I have a friend that purchased one of your 45's, and had a carb problem, and never received his replacement. He became fearful and never has mounted the engine. This made me sad, since my reputation with my buddies has been tarnished. The information on the 30CC engines, I felt was reputable. I sat on it all these months, not saying a word, until I got frustrated watching this thread. I will be the first to admit that my information was second hand, and I wish I hadn't said anything. I want nothing more than for you to rebuild your reputation here. You may not feel that you have a reputation to rebuild, but there are those that feel otherwise. I wish you the best of luck! I mean you know harm. If there is anything else that needs to be said, I welcome PM's, unless you feel it is important for others to read. I just want to see everyone satisfied.
OK,

I won’t keep on defending myself. As Of January I owned nothing in the US, yet I keep the parts coming. Did you read my earlier post????

Dude, you have been great and I appreciate your support. . Copperhead sold 2000+ v45’s and out of 55 pages this few people *****ed. OK, I’ll take that. I think that’s dam good and I expected more. Before I left for China, I had 3 warranty claims; I asked for the serial off the back of the Engine, no one would give it to me! I was accused of trying to rip them off and they threatened to post on RCU. I won’t be threatened and I won’t post under these circumstances.
Old 04-06-2008, 03:36 AM
w5kfg
My Feedback: (1)

Tim
I don't want to get into all this bickering on here.
Since you said you no longer own anything here in th US, are you going to send my V45back to me? Remember it was sent in for warrenty back in Oct 2007
Regards
Bill B
Old 04-06-2008, 08:55 PM
GMoneyPit
My Feedback: (5)

I ran my engine today for the first time since May 2007. After I primed it (about 10 flips with the choke closed) and got it to pop, I opened the choke and it fired up on the 5th flip. I have to say it ran like a champ. I ran for about 15 minutes with my Zinger 22x8 (I busted my Xoar 21x8 on my last flight in GA - near sea level) at around 5200' here in Albuquerque and achieved a max RPM of 7050. I purred at idle on 1600 RPM. As soon as the winds die down (it could be June, LOL), I'll take it up and see how it hauls my 84" Edge 540T weighing in around 15 lbs. It did pretty well in GA but I don't know if I'll be able to get the same results at altitude. I think I'd like to get another 21x8 Xoar before I fly again as it seemed to pull better than the Zinger 22x8. I'll be back...

Gary
Old 04-06-2008, 08:58 PM
looper123
My Feedback: (7)

Anyone know where I can get a pitts style muffler for my 45? I have the stock one but the tube on the side sticks out to far and points straight back which hits the fire wall. I dont want to hack up my cowl or my engine box to get it to fit. I know bennet mufflers has a muffler but it is not a pitts, it just sticks straight down and is really loud. All of the other pitts mufflers I have, have a narrow rectangle tube that bolts to engine and then angles down to the back tube so it will go under the fire wall.

Thanks.

P.S.
Glad to see Tim is back involved with this thread.
Old 05-13-2008, 04:30 PM
w5kfg

After many many months I Finally got my problem with Venom aviation resolved
Old 05-13-2008, 04:37 PM
les2097
My Feedback: (508)

W5kfg,

... how did you resolve your problem... ????????

I have a busted out case on my Venom 45 ... and I send it back 2 months ago... with ZERO response... !!! I've called, emailed.... ZERO ....

Tell me the secret... or did you just forget it... ???

Thanks

Larry
[email protected]
Old 05-13-2008, 07:51 PM
GMoneyPit
My Feedback: (5)

Well, I have to balance the bad with the good. I sent Tim a PM recently letting him know I was having a problem with my muffler and he replied within several days, despite being in China. He asked for my address and said he'd get one out to me. I told him to make it a low priority because I'm able to get by with my "quick fix" and I'm in no real hurry. I've never had a problem getting in touch with Tim and he's always been very responsive. I don't know what to say. I'm very courteous to Tim and he always treats me the same way in the limited dealings we've had.

Good luck,
Gary
Old 05-13-2008, 11:04 PM
les2097
My Feedback: (508)

GMoney,

I too have been relaxed and understanding... in fact, Tim and I spoke on the phone at least an hour once talking about everything except RC... degrees, graduate school, jobs... etc... Never harsh in any way.... What can I say...???

I'll try a PM ...

Thanks

Larry
Old 05-14-2008, 04:12 AM
w5kfg

ORIGINAL: les2097

W5kfg,

... how did you resolve your problem... ????????

I have a busted out case on my Venom 45 ... and I send it back 2 months ago... with ZERO response... !!! I've called, emailed.... ZERO ....

Tell me the secret... or did you just forget it... ???

Thanks

Larry
[email protected]

Les all I can say is a third party was involved
Bill

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.