Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Fuel Pump and OS160FX

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 04:56 AM
Super Hot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Pump and OS160FX

What is the best fuel pump system to 160FX with Bisson Pitt Muffler ?
VP30 or Cline Regulator ?
Old 02-04-2003, 01:09 PM
FlyHard

Default 160 FX

I am using the V30 and it works well. Just install and go.
Old 02-04-2003, 01:27 PM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I use both Perry pumps. I have two 1.6 FX's with Brisson mufflers. One Pump that works on Engine vibration and the other has the crancase pressure. The one with the crankcase pressure seems to be way overkill. My tank is over 12" away and if the NV is full open it will nearly empty the tank with sevaral flips of the prop. Either one will be fine, have your pick. FWIW the engine vibration was much easier to install, although I had to make my own plate for it.
RickP
Old 02-04-2003, 01:28 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

the vp-30 is a pump for 2 strokes the other is not a pump. i am running the vp30 on my os-160 and then are great tower hobbies has some good prices on those.
Old 02-05-2003, 03:17 AM
Super Hot

Thank you guy .

I project to built a Pacific Aeromodels GeeBee Y . I figure the Gee Bee weight will be between 13-14 lbs for light landing and will be a good powered aircraft with 160 fx.

Excuse my poor english.

Rick, What is overkill ?
Old 02-05-2003, 05:29 AM
visioneer_one
My Feedback: (506)

Originally posted by Super Hot
Rick, What is overkill ?
'Overkill' = using a hammer to swat a fly
Old 02-05-2003, 01:29 PM
RickP
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by visioneer_one

'Overkill' = using a hammer to swat a fly
Nicely said
Old 02-07-2003, 05:53 PM
cczarnik
My Feedback: (1)

Default Tried 'em both!

Couldn't get happy with mine on the perry oscillating pump.. The engine is set up in a pattern plane with about 15" between engine and tank. The perry pump would run fine level and with plane pointed up, but the problem is that the far away tank would create too much head pressure in a dive and cause the engine to load up. May have been my setup... I dunno.

After much experimentation with the perry, I put a cline on it, and after I figured out where to put the cline, it is an absolutely awesome setup. Aircraft attitude has absolutely no effect on engine performance now. Only tip is to put the cline just before the needle valve, not between the needle and carb. When between the needle and carb, there was some richening upon transition to full throttle that couldn't be dialed out.

If you want to try the perry oscillating pump, I have one with about 2 tanks through it and a custom pump plate for the 1.60 that I'll never use again... PM me if you want a deal! Chuck
Old 02-07-2003, 06:00 PM
joebob
My Feedback: (14)

Default Re: Tried 'em both!

Originally posted by cczarnik

After much experimentation with the perry, I put a cline on it, and after I figured out where to put the cline, it is an absolutely awesome setup. Aircraft attitude has absolutely no effect on engine performance now. Only tip is to put the cline just before the needle valve, not between the needle and carb. When between the needle and carb, there was some richening upon transition to full throttle that couldn't be dialed out.
This has been a topic of discussion a lot before. I know Cline says put it between the needle and the carb, and that's the way I ran mine. But, as you mentioned, there was trouble in the transition. I finally took mine off completely, but left the check valve in the presure line, driven from crankcase pressure. THe engine runs great this way, but you have to be careful that it doesn't leak fuel all over the place. I have a hard time remembering to release the tank pressure after a flight. I think I'll put the Cline back on before the needle and try it like you said.
Old 02-17-2003, 03:45 AM
Super Hot

Chuck
Thank's for your experimentation sharing. I will install a cline regulator. Were you buy your regulator? It is possible to buy the Cline reg. by net ?
Joebob
Have you re-install your Cline reg ?