Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

LS 50cc Gas Engines

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 12:25 PM
denney47
My Feedback: (359)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS 50cc Gas Engines

I would like to inform the RC community that I have had a very bad experience with LS 50cc Gas Engines. The engine that I received was used, had missing parts, could not install prop, box very dirty like engine had been out, worked on and put back in. Please let me know if anyone else had had a problem with Larry at LS Engines?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:47 PM
skreamer
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: LS 50cc Gas Engines

I can not believe that they are not willing to aknowledge the problem and take corrective measures. Maybe they don't want repeat business and are one of those companies that just rips-off every customer once. That kind of business is getting harder because of sites like this where we get the word out verry quickly and they don't get to rip-off as many people so fast. Hope you get resolution on this and I will take them off of my purchase list until then.
Old 02-28-2007, 03:17 PM
mistydee0
My Feedback: (103)

To the RC Community, First I would like to say I am sorry to clutter up this forum with a personal issue. Denny47 is not
telling it the way it was.. He is trying to discredit me because he did not want to take care of a problem in the way I wanted to resolve his complaint. I Traded him an engine that was NEW in box as I received it from the factory. Yes it has been run, as is every engine that comes from the factory that I do business with. He complained that bolts were missing that are [6] for the prop. I checked this box before sendinding it out, and it appered that all bolts were there. I offered to first send him the bolts, he ranted and raved, and told me NO. I offered to send him another engine, to send the engine back to me and I would send a new one out as soon as the new shipment came in. He said NO, and I should send the engine first and then he will send his back. I told him that is the way things are done. He then called me a CROOK and other not nice things with this I hung up on him. [I forgot to say that I called him the minute I read his not nice e mail to try to rectify the situation] Please read my feed back, it is 100% positive. Is his????? I read his ratings and it seems like he has issues like this before with others. Thank you for taking the time to read the other side. Now you can make your mind up if LS PRO ENGINES is the bad guy. I tried my best to do the right thing with a unreasonable man, and failed. This is in rebuttal to the post by Tom Kenny of Valley View RC.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:09 PM
denney47

I have informed all of my friends and customers not to buy from them. I wish you all could see this mess, maybe I will post some pictures of the engine. Maybe my 2 year warranty will take care of it? Ohhh I didn't get a card to fill out for my warranty[]

I wanted to purchase an engine to sell as a combo with my 30% airplanes but I would not sell this engine.

Seriously just beware these engines aren't much.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:28 PM
dhooks
My Feedback: (24)

If your going to badmouth the product post pics to back it up, otherwise its meaningless.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:56 PM
denney47

Sure Dan I can take pics
Old 03-01-2007, 12:18 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dealer has publically offered to correct the probelm in this forum. Not having any knowledge of either side's story prior to this "engagement" we can only remain detached from the history of the events in question.

If someone offered to exchange an engine for me outright to maintain customer rapport and satisfaction I would jump at the opportunity to do so. Reasonable people should be able to reach reasonable methods of shipping priorities. You cannot ask for more than that, and to continue to malign somone after they publically extend an offer to make a correction indicates a deeper problem within the customer.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:47 AM
KI8FR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Silversurfer.. I like the way you said that....... good job.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:17 AM
dhooks

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

The dealer has publically offered to correct the probelm in this forum. Not having any knowledge of either side's story prior to this "engagement" we can only remain detached from the history of the events in question.

If someone offered to exchange an engine for me outright to maintain customer rapport and satisfaction I would jump at the opportunity to do so. Reasonable people should be able to reach reasonable methods of shipping priorities. You cannot ask for more than that, and to continue to malign somone after they publically extend an offer to make a correction indicates a deeper problem within the customer.
Excellant Pat!
Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Walt and Sage

ORIGINAL: dhooks

ORIGINAL: Silversurfer

Excellant Pat!

I would ALSO agree with this....

Old 03-01-2007, 10:49 AM
blackbaron
My Feedback: (92)

In defense to LS Pro his engines are all brand new. They are pre-ran at the factory so some oil and fuel residue may be on there. Plus, your buying an engine, not a box. I have been informed of this situation and I can tell you the bad experience works both ways. From what I know Denny47 not only agreed to trade him a Yak model aircraft for this engine and hasen't even honored his end of the bargain and here he is flaming LS-Pro. Hmmmm!

ORIGINAL: denney47

I would like to inform the RC community that I have had a very bad experience with LS 50cc Gas Engines. The engine that I received was used, had missing parts, could not install prop, box very dirty like engine had been out, worked on and put back in. Please let me know if anyone else had had a problem with Larry at LS Engines?
Old 03-01-2007, 11:17 AM
dhooks

Ouch, the bus just hit.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:04 PM
F1race79
My Feedback: (6)

and for the rest of the story..........
Old 03-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

There is another way...I had an instance where the customer was not happy and sent his engine back..I couldn't find a problem, so I sent him his original engine back and another just like it, told him to keep the best one..Problem solved...
Old 03-01-2007, 01:21 PM
denney47

I really didn't want to make a big deal out of this guys, I only ask for a replacement engine. I sent the new 30% Yak before I received the engine because I thought Larry was an honest guy, he cannot replace the engine because he doesn't have any. I just ask him to send me a replacement engine and I would return his, I think that would be fair? As I said before I don't want to make a big deal out of this. He has a nice new 30% Yak 54 and I have a paper weight. This will be my last post on the subject.
Tom
Old 03-01-2007, 01:56 PM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

I don't get it? Tom you were told you would get another engine when they came in.What else do you want them to do for you.Just wanted to let all those that are reading here know that my experience with LS has been great.I ordered a LS 26 and got it 3 days later.Looks great came with very light pitts style muffler and stand offs.I could smell fuel and like my DA engines figured they ran them before shipping.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:13 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think what we have here is a customer that is mad because he does not have a new engine TODAY, wants to fly TODAY, and is very miffed that he has to wait.

An instant gratification issue I believe.....

I'll take this a step further and address the root issue for some. This is not meant to attack or reduce anyone, but is more truth than many may like to hear. R/C gas engines are expensive, and have been for quite some time. The least expensive were those that were converted from chainsaws and other yard implements, but many liked the appearance and lighter weight of the redesigned engines provided by the specialty manufacturers. Some manufacturers went to great lengths and expense to make their engines more pleasing to the eye, thus further increasing the cost of the end product.

A lot of people wanted them, but not everyone could afford them, hence those that could not pony up the cash were denied entry into the gas engine or giant scale sector of R/C. Someone saw the potential of a less expensive, or for lack of a better word, cheap, gas engine copy that would permit those less fortunate a means of entering this sector of R/C. Suddenly the bargain hunters had their opportunity and flocked to the copies of engines originally designed and manufactured by specialty companies that fully backed their products with a large volume of replacement engines and parts, and those manufacturers that had higher capital levels to make volume product purchases in order to maintain higher inventories.

The copy/knockoff engines, being relatively new to the market, have not yet had time to make U.S. shores in large quantities. Those importing them may or may not have had the time to develop large product inventories, and in some cases may be new to the business world and could be marginally capitalized, limiting the amount of stock they can carry, thus reducing the available supply. Needless to say, the newer entries to the bargain engine market are not as plentiful as some would like, and when a problem or misunderstanding arises it may take a little time for the issue to be resolved. Sorry to say it, but there are times when the root of the problem may well have been created by the strength of the market. The high demand is fueled by many that either don't have the funds or by those that are always looking for the cheap way out. Add to that an occasional true quality or mechanical issue and an inventory supply problem magnifies.

I'm reasonably certain that all the engine suppliers do about all they can to assure their customers that they will be provided a quality product, but like anyone else they are at the mercy of the time required for ordering, manufacturing, shipping, and product testing. Most every supplier makes sure that each engine has been run prior to shipping to the customer. They don't want them back either. Customer support issues eat up a lot of time, money, and energy that could be much better spent on things that turn a profit.

Bottom line is that if the customer would have stepped up and sprung for the good stuff to begin with there would have been a lot less room for a misunderstanding. As in anything else, there's a lot more to any given issue than what's openly in view.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:22 PM
F1race79
My Feedback: (6)

Gentlemen could we have an AMEN!!!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 04:54 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Larry and Denny. If you read this...please get together ASAP and work out a good understanding. Most of us guys love engines....but we got to Love one another to enjoy them. There is no way around that fact. Lets get this done...life is not forever...enjoy what you have now. Enjoy helping people wherever your path leads. Best Regards Capt,n
Old 03-01-2007, 07:51 PM
denney47

Thank you Captinjohn, I am good with all of this, I have taken the engine to a machine shop and they will cut the center shaft nut flush with the hub so I can get a prop on the engine, I purchased the bolts for mounting the prop. A new spark plug and a good cleaning up and I will be ready to go.
Thanks for your help, no problem on my end.
Tom
Old 03-01-2007, 08:03 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread is now locked as this has been resolved, see the above post