Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Sachs 3.2 Resurrection

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 02:30 PM
CharlieG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sachs 3.2 Resurrection

I have a Sachs 3.2 (Walker Machine variety) that was on the business end of my Pica Mustang when it met its demise last summer. There is significant damage to the engine - cylinder head, hub (connecting front of crank to the prop), aluminum back plate. I've been "into" smaller 2- and 4-stroke glow engines in the past, but this will be my first gas resurrection.

I understand that these are essentially "industrial" engines, and was hoping that there might be a parts distributor somewhere for the head, crank (if I need one), bearings, etc., that might be a bit less expensive than a hobby supplier. Suggestions? I suspect that I'll have to go back to Walker (if they still exist) or a similar source for the aircraft-specific parts.

Charlie
Arnold, MD
Old 02-24-2003, 02:37 PM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sachs 3.2 Resurrection

Walker is no longer making engines....I suggest you check around for prices..I can get everything necessary..Be aware the retail prices are high..However, some engine makers have been known to pad the price a little
I have never seen a crankcase damaged in a crash, so the only other aircraft specific parts are the hub and backplate, both easily made..