G- 38 question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 01:32 PM
harleydoberman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: G- 38 question

ORIGINAL: harleydoberman

Hey Guys,

I have a new G-38 on a giant Aeromaster swinging a mejzlik 18-12 prop. It starts great and Idles well. The problem is high throttle, it dies at 1\4 throttle and you can see the fuel pulling back to the tank. I checked the tank and and lines and seems tight no leaks. If I leave the cowl off runs fine. The carb just about sticks out of the cowl. Once it is running it transititions fine until the next run. I have flown it twice once the engine was running and it ran good. I check and cleaned the filter in the carb. I spoke with Horizon and all they offered up was to check the insulator for cracks which I did and there was none. I am new to gas engines so any help would be appreaciated.

Tony
Here is a picture! They say it is worth a thousand words
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92854.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	728027  
Old 07-23-2007, 01:19 AM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Default RE: G- 38 question

well today I tried a 3W 19x8 (actual diameter 18&3/4 out of the bag) on my G38 and got 7550 peaked, and it was tuned a little under 7300 for flight, in the air she was a bit rich, it pulled my 16 pound plane rather nicely but it's no MVVS 35,,

my MVVS pulls a 3W 20x8 at 7200 tuned for flight, peacked was 7370..

Jim