Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any info about this? (cheap!)

This engine is listed in united hobbies, at a very low price

https://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITED...idProduct=5460

tell me what you think...
Old 08-21-2007, 12:03 AM
aussiesteve

Default RE: any info about this? (cheap!)

I've seen a couple of them being used over here. They seem to be a pretty strong motor for their size and I've not seen the guys using them having any reliability problems.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:38 PM
Daniel Z

thanks, I have no experience with gas engines, maybe this is a good start with this kind of stuff, but I`m still not sure to buy it
Old 08-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting how many different designs were copied and incorporated into one engine. Pay attention to the part where this engine just finished development and testing. It may run good on a bench but how does it perforem on a plane, and for how long? Since you're new to gassers my question is whether or not you feel qualified enough to become a guinea pig for a new design. Yep, it's a great price but can you afford to spend it once then even more if it doesn't work out?

My thoughts would be to let a few people that have a lot of time with gassers get their hands on a few and see how the stack up against the competition and where the quality stands in the big picture.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:49 AM
The Raven

Without wanting to get into a war over specific engines....this appears to be near identical to a number of other Chinese engines. There are differences between certain models but it is highly probable they all come out of the same couple of factories.

I have a 45cc that looks near identical....ignoring the fancy anodised look, trumpet, and plastic intake manifold.

On second look the basic castings, ignition unit, and muffler are identical to mine (which has yet to run)

Check out the CRRC Pro thread for details on the CRRC engine and other similar engines.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:40 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That carb sticks out pretty far. I'll take rear induction any day over that.
Old 08-23-2007, 07:51 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

It does stick out but if it runs good for $199 including muffler and ignition, WOW!!!!!!!!! I'll take a couple!!!!
Old 08-23-2007, 02:01 PM
the Wasp

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

it must produce it's power at a higher RPM, at 31mm it has a short stroke, the MVVS/Evolution 35cc has a 35mm stroke..

Jim
Old 08-23-2007, 04:35 PM
rmh

"this is no weed whacker motor"
could a fooled me
Old 08-23-2007, 07:31 PM
rc bugman
My Feedback: (30)

Weedwacker or a chainsaw engine dressed up to look like a airplane engine

Elson
Old 08-24-2007, 02:14 AM
The Raven

ORIGINAL: rc bugman

Weedwacker or a chainsaw engine dressed up to look like a airplane engine

Elson

Actually a copy of a rather well known R/C Engine.....
Old 08-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Tired Old Man

That started out as a weedwacker or chain saw engine... No guessing, straight fact.
Old 08-24-2007, 08:02 AM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Looks like a Zenoah jug and the rest pieced together with some purdy blue added.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Seams this engine is being judged as a piece of junk before anyone has even bought one yet. Because it's got some saw parts inside? Come on guys.

But really, aren't most of them?

DA, ZDZ, 3W are the only popular engines that actually make their own cylinders, pistons and rods.

Just because it's got weedeater or saw parts inside don't make it a bad engine.

Hmmmmmm -- Zenoah, Brison, Fox, Brilelli, FPE and a BUNCH of other engines have chainsaw cylinders, pistons, rods and carbs. Most of them have a pretty good reputation.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:04 PM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

Plenty of people will take a chance since its so cheap. Many of these folks will have limited experience so operational problems will be voiced here very quickly. If it is a G45 clone and it equals its performance/ longevity then it is an exceptional value. Has anyone noticed how all of these new cheap engines generate more enthusiasm than proven top of the line products?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:19 AM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

well i just went there to try and order one but there out till sept somtime.i will try again.. but its also $50.00 for shipping when i checked my cart,air parcel from hong kong.wonder if i have to pay duties on top of that when it enters US.I could make a shorter intake manifold.
Old 08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
andy86na
My Feedback: (3)

This looks very close to Peakmodel 45cc engine.

http://www.peakmodel.com/index.php?m...roducts_id=328

There is a thread here about peakmodel 45cc (and a separate one fr 65cc). Crappy muffler, loud but appears an excellent engine oterwise.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:29 PM
3d-aholic
My Feedback: (7)

They are coming out of the woodwork now....
like this one.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/N...roduct_id=2159
Old 08-27-2007, 02:24 PM
hvac

listen to the experts here on rcu if you are asking whether a new engine is any good or not. they know exactly how it will run, what rpm it will put out on the ground, what airplane it would be best on and how good the customer service will be. pretty much anything else you want to know about it, without ever seeing one in person, let alone actually owning one and flying it. they are really amazing guys, you should listen to them.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a look at the success DL is having with its DA-50 knock-off. Most reports of the later engines are nothing but positive. Easier to start than the DA, less expensive than the DA, and more importantly more power than the DA.

Thats part of the reason some people get excited about these knock-offs.

Why worry about it if it runs better and sells for less money?

The only people I would be worried about is DA right now. If I was DA I'd be scared. In fact quite a few hard core DA folks have gone DL because they just work the right way from the get go.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Tired Old Man

Personally I never said anything good or bad about the engine but noted that it's only recently left design and testing, meaning that it does not have a track record to base a decision on. The only thing a newbie to gassers has to work with is a cheap price. My comment of waiting until some with a little gasser time worked with them and made some determinations is still not a bad idea, imo. Reports of things like "there's a few guys that started using them over here and I haven't heard anything yet" is not much to go on.

Chinese manufacture does not automatically make it bad, just as cheap does not automatically make it good. OTH, if you are brand new to gassers and feel like being a guinea pig with your plane and engine, go for it. Only you know what you are capable of handling.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:01 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Rcpilet

Seams this engine is being judged as a piece of junk before anyone has even bought one yet. Because it's got some saw parts inside? Come on guys.
I don't believe most people were judging this engine one way or the other. They were just poking fun at that rediculous statement that this engine wasn't from a chain saw or weedwhacker. As you point out so well, most of our engines or parts are sourced from other applications. Pat points out that this engine simply has no track record to base anything on but similar small Chinese engines have not fared very well. More recent and a bit more expensive engines like the DL, 3mm and others seem to be doing quite well.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:20 AM
Kweasel
My Feedback: (29)

ORIGINAL: hvac

listen to the experts here on rcu if you are asking whether a new engine is any good or not. they know exactly how it will run, what rpm it will put out on the ground, what airplane it would be best on and how good the customer service will be. pretty much anything else you want to know about it, without ever seeing one in person, let alone actually owning one and flying it. they are really amazing guys, you should listen to them.
Where did that come from?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

ORIGINAL: Kweasel

ORIGINAL: hvac

Where did that come from?

From the same mind behind spamming planes that aren't even available yet
Old 08-28-2007, 01:18 PM
3d-aholic

It looks somewhat similar to a Venom 45, and a Zenoah, and a Fuji.

The carb intake looks like white teflon. I have been told before not to use white Teflon in applications above 100 degrees C. There are other harder teflons that can withstand heat better. I have ignored that warning before and never had a problem....but I assume the person that told me this information must have had some basis in fact....

Are there other proven engine designs where white teflon is used on cylinder head temperature applications?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.