Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Walbro carb

Old 10-23-2007, 10:57 PM
niteowl5001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro carb

Hi guys,
can i substitute my carbs on my BME 50cc engines? I have alot of walbro carbs (6 to be exact). Are they interchangable? Will all walbros work on my BME 50cc engine? Thanks.

John Franklin
Old 10-24-2007, 11:04 AM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Walbro carb

Why not?
As long as there are needles to ajust, the ventury size number is close to the original, and the carb is in working order, they will work. Some better than others, but they will work.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

As long as the venturi size is close to the one that came with your engine, it should work fine.

The venturi is noted in 64th of an inch or x/64

You can find the venturi size stamped into the throat of the carb. Right down on the opening of the venturi, there will be a small number stamped or cast into the carb throat. This is your size in 64th of an inch.

For example:
If it has a 28 stamped inside, then thats a 28/64 inch opening in the venturi.

If it has a 19, then thats 19/64ths of an inch.

I wouldn't go beyond 3 or 4 64ths up or down on the venturi size. When the carb gets too big, the engine cannot pull enough vacuum through it to make it work right. It will work--but not correctly. It will run up to about 1/2 speed or a little less, but as soon as the engine pulls enough vacuum to open the high speed circuit--it will dump a massive load of fuel into the engine and choke it out. There is no way to adjust the needles down when you have too much carb on the engine. Been there, done that. Waste of time.

Why are you wanting to change carbs? Are you just experimenting? Are you having carb problems with the stock carb?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Kaoma
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rcpilet,
Would you please contact me...I am running in what you described and I am pulling my hair out.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Sent an email to you.

Private Message too.