BME Service

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 11:24 PM
JEFFRO503
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BME Service

HEY Pat and Arnold!!

Just cruising through some threads and came across this one. I just sold my new BME 115 to Arnold ( altavillian) and he was more than happy to take it off my hands.

the reason i sold it was......pretty simple really. I know about the carb issues ( NOT motor issues) and that's why a bowed out on trying to even run it and damage the motor. I don't have enough tuning experience in these bigger gas motors , and it was pretty likely i was going to do some damage to this one.

Even though i sold mine ( Thanks Arnold ) , i'll be waiting in the back ground for when keith gets the carb issues fixed....then i'm buying another one. I have seen quite a few BME 110's run correctly , and to be quite honest , the DA's and 3W's both couldn't hold a candle to the BME in power....do i even have to mention the weight?

I'll let someone with a lot more tuning knowledge take my motor , and get it to run right. When the carb issues get fixed and make it a little more "dummy proof" for people like myself.....I'll probably buy two of these suckers. They are that impressive!

TURBO....ease up man sheeesh.....you don't even own one and your talking lawsuits?? [] Give keith a break...he'll be back in action soon i hope.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:01 AM
marksextra
My Feedback: (28)

altivillan and pat roy. I won't even respond to your name calling. It's against the forum rules.

But..I will respond to your comments about BME because that's what this thread is about.

And I quote " a lack of trust and patience on the part of the customer" Are you serious? Did you READ post #17 or post 24? 3 and 4 MONTHS! not days or weeks, MONTHS! ouch. BME, Not the customer, needs to step up to the plate when it comes to taking responsibility for the products they produce and sell. If Keith is sick then he needs to hire someone to answer his emails and return phone calls. Is there no one near him that needs a job making 10/hr? It's just that simple. It doesn't need to be any more complicated than that. That would just about fix all this "BME service" talk.

Furthermore, It's not bad form to use the recourse the law allows. I did not provide info on how to "go after" BME. I simply pointed out what recourse the law allows a person to have. It's certainly reasonable to expect a manufacturer to communicate when there is a problem. If they don't, then that's their choice. That's the route they chose. It's then reasonable to expect for the other party to do what the law says is reasonable. It's all you have left in the transaction because the company chose that route. As the customer, of course you wouldn't chose a legal path. But sometimes you don't have much choice. After four months, I'd say you don't have much choice. If you don't agree, then imagine going without your phone, your car, the correct medical equipment you need, or something similar that is defective all because you've been calling the manufacturer and they won't respond. You'll change your tune quick. Oh and pat, all I can say is Thomas Cooley.

On an unrelated topic. I highly doubt that any bme "smashed" any 3W106cs. Lighter? yes. just as powerful? argueable. imo

Oh and just for the record, as I've always said, BME has a some great products. Just not great customer service.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:00 AM
JEFFRO503

In my last post , i even mentioned that i sold my BME because of the "lack of support". And again..in case you missed it , i did it because i could have very likely made a mistake on the tuning end. then i would have been screwed. I am buying a 3W-106 like you mentioned. I did this , not because it's a better motor....in fact i think it lags behind the BME by some margin. I did it , because i feel a little better knowing that i can take my slightly heavier , and slightly less powerful motor in for repairs. And NO.by no means is the 3W-106 a gutless ****.....it's a friggin power house , but not "quite" as powerfull as the BME , and right now......i'll get better service through 3w , which is something i think i'll really need. And again....once keith does get the carb issues fixed......i'm getting another one. From what i have seen when they perform , they are worth every penny.

Old 11-28-2007, 01:22 AM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=what_smile.gif]
Old 11-28-2007, 09:46 AM
JEFFRO503

UUHHGG!! I was a little testy last night. I've been trying to stick up for keith because i believe in his motors. I may have gone a little overboard , and i'm sorry if i did.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:35 AM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

At the present moment Keith can not provide his usual level of service, he is down 50 percent of his work force!! I am not making excuses for him, but in the past I have always had very fast and efficient service usually only taking a week for any repair or modification.
I own a couple of small businesses and if I were short half of my employees it would kill me. I know what Keith is going through and I hope he finds some steady help. Time will only tell
Old 11-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I can't and won't dispute that. You'll have to agree that taking 10 to 30 minutes to compose and post a note about the current state of affairs would not be out of order, and not be that much of a burden for anyone. Responding to any "after" posts from others would not be necessary, but assuaging the concernes of some of his current customers most certainly is.

On to another rant. I don't feel that anyone that does not or has not owned a BME 115 has any room or place to be offering legal advice on how to cure a 115 problem. I hope that most people are smart enough to figure out how to do that stuff on their own if and when that time was to arrive. Another side of this is that I don't have a clue to the veracity or the quality of the memory of people that say they sent something in months or more ago. Personally I find that time goes by at a much different rate than I recollect it. Something that happened last week can seem like months ago for me.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:13 PM
marksextra

jeffro503. no apology necessary. Since anytime you say anything bad it just disappears by a mod. it's like magic.

I don't agree with some about not offering advice if you haven't owned a BME. If you have a problem and someone can help you fix it, then isn't that what this hobby is all about? So others can learn from our past experiences and not have to make the same mistakes we did? Maybe I'm mistaken.

So....if I had a problem with my Ford truck overheating and a mechanic stopped at the side of the road to help me, but had only ever owned Dodge's(even though he works at a Ford garage) then I should tell him to mind his own business? Now talk about bad advice. I think I'd take the help.

Back to the business at hand.....HAS ANYONE HEARD FROM BME?
Old 11-28-2007, 04:56 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

turbo while some of your points are valid this thread keeps getting bumped up because of the same old song and dance.... there is no need to keep asking the same question and bumping this thread. Bickering about the quality or lack of service is old news.. been going on for months with no response in sight. Discussing this over and over is just wasting everyone's time.

I will be happy when there is a Thread from BME (Keith) giving an update.. until then there is no need to see this old news keep bumping up to the top.

I don't see why this thread isn't closed by now.. nothing positive is coming from it...
Old 11-28-2007, 06:11 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm leaning towards agreeing with that.

I have experience with a lot of engines and manufacturers, and in very high quantities with one of them. Because of that experience I know that the quality of BME engines is second to none. Only manufacturers making their own cases are the one's I'm comparing with, and the only one that matches the mechanical precision and quality of the BME is Taurus, and they don't make anything large enough to match the 115 or I would have bought some of them too.

A carb issue is nowhere near enough to make me turn away from BME. If I had a deposit that I felt insecure about I'd simply ask for my money back, not make threats and rattle sabers. So if you like high quality engines, just sit tight because I'm reasonable sure word will be coming along soon. If it's only about a deposit and that's all you have to work with, ask for it back in an e-mail and a letter. If it's about loyalty to another engine manufacturer and you think bumping this thread will get them more business, well, you know what I'd like to say but I can't.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Solstice

I think there is some confusion on folks intent. I don't for a minute believe folks are troubled simply by the carb issue. The fact is that there are folks who have sent their engine in or made a deposit on an engine and they cannot determine when or if they will get their engine or service. Suggesting they send a letter or email seems to be ignoring the evidence presented by many that they have already done this without effect. I for one have done all three and consider myself to be a very courteous and amenable customer. I too have not heard any response for almost two months. At some point there is real concern that our engines or money could be tied up for many more months.

The fact remains, no one I'm aware of has had contact and can confirm ANY of what has been said here. To say he'll come through is just as much a guess as saying he won't. The past 5 months and the preponderance of evidence is suggesting one more than the other. I would prefer he delivered because my two BME 102's are such fine engines. However, I don't want to lose my money either.

At some point it would be nice if someone with experience in situations like this could chime in on what, if anything, can actually be done and when we should start doing it.
I agree getting factual information from BME would go a long ways to resolving this, but I've been told in a number of emails since July that it's almost ready.

Does anyone have personal contact with BME and can get us answers? Does anyone live in his area and can possibly pay him a call? That would be very helpful.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:10 PM
Pontiac_40
My Feedback: (3)

I agree with Solstice. Also, I don't see any reason to close the thread, if the folks who think is a waste of ther time, just don't visit it. For the folks who are waiting for some kind of word or message or some communication from BME, it's a good place to visit and see if there is any news. Also, this thread lets BME know that we as customers are still waiting for months on some kind of communication/update from the company.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:56 PM
marksextra

Sinergy. believe it or not. I asked the question not because I want to bump a thread, but because I am always hopeful that someone will hear from BME. THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT STILL NEED HELP. Just because it's bad press for BME doesn't mean these people should just melt away into the background and keep quiet. I say good for them. Their email are not being answered so it caused them to have to come here. They need to hear from BME. So I'm not supposed to ask a question about BME Service on the BME service thread? huh? Furthermore, BME can reap what it sows. Good engines? You bet. Light, powerful, built with quality, competitively priced. What else is there to say? except wow.... and there are plenty of threads to talk about that. However, reap what you sow in this thread is "BME Service".

Amen. solstice and pontiac 40. Finally some reasonable people. I personally currently own, a bme, a zdz, and a 3w. All great engines for sure. This thread does serve it's purpose though. Letting BME know that it's customers are here and they need some communication. Accusing people of inappropriate posting to bump or for brand loyalty is simply inaccurate.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:13 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

nevermind
Old 12-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Please direct all BME support questions to the following thread. Rather than have several threads about the same issue, let's try to keep it all in one place.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6658457/tm.htm

I'm closing this one.