Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BME 100 Parts????? HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 01:31 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default BME 100 Parts????? HELP!!

I need help finding parts for my BME 100. Keith seems to be out of business and Don's Hobbies is not representing BME anymore.

I need a piston with rings and a cylinder jug for the BME 100.

HELP!! Dan
Old 12-10-2007, 02:35 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: BME 100 Parts????? HELP!!

Do you know something nobody else does or was that just a wildly inflammatory statement? If it's the latter you might want to consider editing your post. If it's factual we'd all like to hear what you have to support the statement.

In the meantime check with parts dealers for Echo engines for simple things like pistons and rings. They were not made specific for BME engines.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:45 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Hey Pat!

Thank you for the lead. I realize Keith didn't make all of the parts himself and knew he didn't make the jugs and pistons. But, I had no idea of where to get them with little help from normal channels. I have called BME several times with NO answer, emailed him also with NO reply. I have read that he is ill and that his one and only helper, Mike has taken another job. Of course, not everything on here is true!! I have called Don's Hobbies and they no longer carry his product or represent him and Judy relaid that they haven't been able to get a hold of him forever. Chief Aircraft doesn't carry parts and is trying to sell their current inventory of engines with no plans of restocking what they have of his product. So.......you tell me! Is he in business or just unfortunately ill in the hospital with no one tending to his phones, email, or website!!

Thank you again for the parts lead. But I WILL NOT EDIT MY POST!! If you read my statement, the word "seems to be out of business" means, where the heck is he? And definitely no way to run a business!!Dan
Old 12-10-2007, 05:10 PM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Works for me.

Thanks for sharing the other info. I was unaware of the position of Chief's and Don's. Not good news at all. The jugs Keith had made for his purposes so they would be lighter, so unless something changes I'm afraid that what's currently floating around will be the last of the type. With the 44 it was pretty much an Echo conversion. The 50 had a custom case. At the moment I'm thinking that if we become desparate we might be able to use stock Echo cylinders, and like as not they'll all be standard Sachs cylinders, meaning that Mahle's will fit with only a moderate change in height and width.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Rcpilot
My Feedback: (78)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Please direct all questions and comments about BME engines to the following thread for the time being. Having all the information in one place will help everyone.

Here is a link to the BME thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6658457/tm.htm

This one is closed.