Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sachs gas engine

I have an old Sachs 3.2 gas engine that I need a carburator for. Thus far I have not found a place to obtain one. The carb does not have any identifying numbers of any kind only that it is a Walbro. I had used this motor very successfully but that was about 15 years ago. It will run on a prime but will not draw fuel at all. Have had the screen cleaned but don't know how to disassemble it. Have not been able to locate the company A&M aircraft that had distributed it nor the Sachs company at all. Any info will be much appreciated.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Sachs gas engine

Take the engine to any small engine repair shop and tell them you want a REBUILD KIT for the carb. When you have that, post back here and I'll tell you exactly how to rebuild it--step by step. It's not hard, but you do have to pay attention about how you take it apart and put it back together.

FYI- Most Walbro carbs will have identifying numbers stamped into the casting right next to the high and low speed needles.
    EXAMPLE:
    HDA 137
    HDA 148
    WT 210

etc....

If you don't want to rebuild it, you can probably buy a new one from the small engine shop. The key thing to consider is where the throttle and choke arms are. That way you can get your throttle pushrod hooked up. You als need to buy a cab with the same size venturi. Too big and it won't run past 1/2 throttle. Too small and it will starve on the top end.

The venturi size is stamped into the throat of the carb--usually right behind the choke plate. You'll have to look closely--the numbers are small and difficult to spot the first time. It will be a 2 digit number. That number is representative of the venturi size in 64th of an inch. For example:
    If it says 38 inside the throat--then you have a 38/64" venturi. You could go up or down by 2, but anything more or less than that could cause problems. Not always, but since you're not a carb expert--play it safe and buy the same size.
    Airplanes have expiration dates. Its just not printed anywhere on them.
    Im not really an airplane pilot; but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pick up a WT 201 Walbro at a saw and mower shop and go fly. A&M has been history for a long time. CH Ignitions, RC ignitions, and Taurus Engines will service the engine if needed. The new Brison company in Canada will have most of any new parts you may need. The early Brison company bought out the A&M designs and built on it from there. Sachs was bought out by Makita long time ago. If you need a new head the ones made by Mahle are the best by a long shot, but expensive.
    Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Orginal carb for an A&M 3.2 is a WT-76, or 76A. The number on this carb is on the side, right next to the fuel inlet nipple.
    If you get a rebuild kit for a WAT carb, it will have the needed parts.
    BTW, the parts (piston, cylinder, carb, etc) are from Sachs Dolmar 111, or 115 saw.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Us54610.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	844034  
    Terry
    "Old Fart" in training. (not to be an R/Cer, but to be an "Old Fart")
    P-39 Brotherhood # 6
    P-38 Brotherhood #69

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Damn, I thought it was a 201. Must be suffering a case of crs
    Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I sometimes get crs............I think.
    Terry
    "Old Fart" in training. (not to be an R/Cer, but to be an "Old Fart")
    P-39 Brotherhood # 6
    P-38 Brotherhood #69

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Pat I use the 201 on a 44 and 50cc Echo conversion, same one as stock on a BME. Easy to come by too.

heres a pic of my A&M sachs i just rebuilt all from sachs model 115 chain saw parts.if you really need extra parts give me a shout as i have a connection thats a dealer.the first thing would go to a saw shop as mentioned earlier by rcpilot.mine is after i removed the old mechanical advanc,made a sensor ring to hold the magnet out of a used flywheel from ebay,then installed a rcexl ign with advance.muffler came from ken lambert.crank seal came from boca bearing.

Name:	Mk26948.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	844350  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: buck1856

heres a pic of my A&M sachs i just rebuilt all from sachs model 115 chain saw parts.if you really need extra parts give me a shout as i have a connection thats a dealer.the first thing would go to a saw shop as mentioned earlier by rcpilot.mine is after i removed the old mechanical advanc,made a sensor ring to hold the magnet out of a used flywheel from ebay,then installed a rcexl ign with advance.muffler came from ken lambert.crank seal came from boca bearing.
    I`m in the need of a cylinger & piston for a Sachs 3`2 and a muffler that would keep the db`s under 96
    e-mail Cfeuerbacher@tampabay.rr.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

My Brison 2.4 and I understand the 3.2 motors have 76A on the carbs, however they have WT-551 as the Walbro part #. I think The Sachs motors are the same as Brisons.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

what fuel mixture does a 4.2 Sacks use? where can you get parts. do they have a web site?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: buck1856

QUESTION...buck1856, what is the cc or c.i. of this engine? Thanks Capt,n
    Imagination is far more important than knowledge. Albert Einstein.

http://www.lambertsrc.com/

3.2 or 52cc.This is for captn
    Crash,not sure what you mean by mixture.Any sachs dolmar dealer will have parts.Look at the numbers on the cylinder.The first 2 numbers on my 3.2 are 44ZN,that means 44mm.So its a 44mm jug,piston,and rings.I only know what models are for the 3.2.But if ya take the cylinder or engine to the repair shop or call a repair shop and give them the numbers off the cylinder they can get ya parts.My dealer lost his dealer license with sachs because he wouldnt build a new 1 million dollar showroom and repair shop.I do have another source if needed.ill post back.
    conrailer,brison took over when A&M failed as my understanding.My 3.2 has WT-76A on it.I have a replacement but its not that number.

I have a Sachs 4.2 that i need a front crank seal for it.
    I have been told that there is a seal thats suppose to be there.
    There is no seal there.
    does anyone know where i can get one?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Does it run?
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

yes
    i think it will be lean on its fuel and air mix.
    i know its not right.
    i think it will be running lean without the seal
    It blows out pressure on the down stroke of the piston when you turn it over.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: fj11

yes
    i think it will be lean on its fuel and air mix.
    i know its not right.
    i think it will be running lean without the seal
    It blows out pressure on the down stroke of the piston when you turn it over.
    It certainly will run lean, if at all, measure the seal and purchase it from a bearing company. If you cannot measure it, take the engine to a bearing company, they will get you the right seal. If all this is impossible, you will have to send it to a small engine repair shop to fit the seal.
    Team
    Airtronics
    34 yrs.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN PURCHASE A PITTS STYLE MUFFLER FOR A A&M SACHS 3.2 / 50CC ENGINE. OR MAYBE BUILD ONE TO FIT IN GS TOP FLITE P-51

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good luck, with that. I put a 3.2 Sachs in my TP Mustang, and there isn't any way it will fit, unless your willing to cut the front of the plane up to make it fit.
    I had to use a B&B on mine, but if you cut the pipes short, at 100 mph and 100 ft off the ground you will never notice. I'm not sure about the 100 mph, but I can truthfully say, it's at least 20 mph faster than my PAU Edge, and I know that goes 98.5.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO. I KNOW THE TF P-51 WAS BUILT AROUND A US 41. I KNOW IT'S HARD TO FIND A GOOD ONE IF YOU CAN FIND ONE AT ALL. I'M NOT TO THE POINT I CAN'T CHANGE THINGS AROUND. I ALSO THOUGHT ABOUT TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE MY OWN MUFFLER OUT OF BRASS AND COPPER TUBING ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 45AIRPLANE

THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO. I KNOW THE TF P-51 WAS BUILT AROUND A US 41. I KNOW IT'S HARD TO FIND A GOOD ONE IF YOU CAN FIND ONE AT ALL. I'M NOT TO THE POINT I CAN'T CHANGE THINGS AROUND. I ALSO THOUGHT ABOUT TAKING THE TIME TO MAKE MY OWN MUFFLER OUT OF BRASS AND COPPER TUBING ?
    I have a US41 engine, in great shape, very little time on it. If interested please contact me

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

45, you can try, but there really isn't much width to play with. I will post a picture of my Mustang. Not sure if you can see it very well, but this is the muffler side.

No offense, meant, crash, but I've seen 2 Mustangs with the 41, and boy, they were under powered. My 3.2 really hauls mine around, almost to fast.

Name:	Yw68427.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	153.3 KB 
ID:	1377990  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THANKS FOR THE INFO, JETECRC IS BUILDIND A MUFFLER FO THE SACHS 3.3 CC TO FIT IN THE GS P-51

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a 3.2 Sachs and I want to remove the mechanical advance and replace it with an electronic sensor like you did. How do you remove the mechanical advance and what kind of flywheel did you use to make the mount for the electronic sensor. Any tips you can provide would really be appreciated. So much easier to do things when you have some idea of how to do them. Thanks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast