Karol
Old 01-18-2008, 02:54 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts
Default RE: 2.4 FOX-Muffler

ORIGINAL: masonman

Where can i find a muffler for a 2.4 fox that don't rob my bank account
Might try B&B also .... cheaper but his mufflers are more like exhaust diverters than mufflers. But they have their place in many applications.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:10 PM
masonman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does b&b have a web site?
Old 01-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The continuing saga in the quest for a cheap r/c component continues....Solution: buy an engine that arrives with a muffler.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:59 AM
BTerry
My Feedback: (8)

B&B: http://www.bennettbuilt.com/
abell: http://www.abellrc.com/
Jtec: http://www.jtecrc.com/
bisson: http://www.bissonmufflers.com/en/index.html
Old 01-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Truckracer

ORIGINAL: Pat Roy

The continuing saga in the quest for a cheap r/c component continues....Solution: buy an engine that arrives with a muffler.
Ya know, assembling an airplane form components that a guy either fabricated or purchased was pretty much what modeling was all about ... before ARFs and the like came along. So I certainly won't criticize a guy when he is looking for something specific (at a low price or othewise) for his airplane. Right now, I'm fabricating a muffler for my 3MM 53 out of steel .... because I need the weight and nothing available will fit in the cowl. Am I out of line for not using the muffler that came with the engine? Come on Pat, some people have budgets, some have specific needs, some just want something different. Isn't one of the major reasons for this forum even being here is to help each other find special parts?
Old 01-26-2008, 01:52 AM
masonman

Pat thanks for the advice. I will be sure to never worry about reading one of your post agin. You ever rip a landing gear off of a model an break a few parts(muffler) an try an find the parts to get it back in the air? I bet if you get a few bubbles in your covering you just buy a new arf, Cause the first one came with no iron
Old 01-26-2008, 11:36 AM
tkg

Most "factory nufflers" won't fit "my" plane, what ever it is. So why pay for somthing that you can't use.
Cheap is good, weedies keep bread on the table.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

J&A, Macs, and Abell will make mufflers to fit the application. So will Bisson if you have the ability to wait 6 months for the end product. At issue is getting them cheap and determining what won't "break" a bank account. If the account only has 50 bucks it will get broken. It's not a cheap hobby and I've grown weary of hearing people lamenting about the cost of products enabling activities that they elected to participate in.

Abell R/C is about the least pricey of the muffler manufacturers I've seen. As an example a pair of mufflers for a certain 105cc twin that generally costs about $160.00 and up at some locations will run about $80.00 at Abell. Not as pretty but work fine. That's still not cheap and would still break the bank for some.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:50 PM
tkg

J&A is all I use. Not the cheapest, but one of the best.
Like I said cheap is good and has its place, but you should see some of the engines I get for repairs. Thats were cheap DON'T work, save $50 on a repair and crash a $1500 plane when it quits.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:16 PM
Truckracer

ORIGINAL: masonman

Pat thanks for the advice. I will be sure to never worry about reading one of your post agin. You ever rip a landing gear off of a model an break a few parts(muffler) an try an find the parts to get it back in the air? I bet if you get a few bubbles in your covering you just buy a new arf, Cause the first one came with no iron
Do continue to read Pat's posts ...... he is a wealth of knowledge. He just gets a burr under his saddle every once in awhile like most of us do and has to vent.