XYZ ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:11 PM
PHall

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: XYZ ENGINES

ORIGINAL: jstanton

Ron,

I have been looking for any infomation on the XYZ engines I could find. I came across a supplier in China that has posted on there site comments from customers who have used the XYZ 50. One of the customer posted he is getting 8000RPM with a Xoar 18x8 prop. So it looks like this XYZ 50 engine of yours is going to be the ticket for many a RC Flyer. If you lose on the average of 500RPM for every 2 " you go up in prop size and keep the pitch the same. That means the XYZ 50 should spin a Xoar 22x8 prop very close to 7000RPM. That is very good in my books.

I am now really looking forward in getting my hands on this engine.
My Evolution 26 turns a Zoar 18-6 at 10000rpm. A 50 turning an 18-8 at 8000 ain't that great.
Old 04-11-2008, 02:24 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Ya you are right about that, but I am look for only 7000RPM with a Xoar 22x8. The XYZ 50 should be very close to that once broke in. You see I am not a 3d flyer so I am not in the market for those hihg power engines. I fly scale Warbirds so anything that can produce a 1 to 1 flight to power ratio is all I need. My Skyshrk P-40 will weigh around 22lbs so I am only looking for 22lbs of thrust. If you can get an engine for $250.00 that produces 22lbs of thust that is a very good deal.

How much did you EVO 26 cost and how much trust are you getting?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:15 PM
SERCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,
Just a quick note to let you all know that our website is down.

It looks like our ISP did not pay his bill.?><?*(&^$

We payed for a full year up front and that was less than 3 weeks ago ?

Their website is www.digitalcityhosting.com
If I go there it shows me the same screen that I see on my website.?

Just when I was about ready to start getting 6 hours of sleep a night !

Sorry , we will do our best to get it up as soon as possiable.

Old 04-11-2008, 03:21 PM
jstanton

Ron,

Boy that really s**ks. Just when things start to look better something like this always comes up[&o].

I hope to be testing the XYZ 50 this weekend and I'll post my reading here and e-mail them to you. I will be using a TBM 20x8 & 21x8 prop. I also have a APC sport 20x8 prop I can use. I am sure that on will spin up high, but being a sport props the thrust reading will be lower. I'll keep in touch.
Old 04-12-2008, 06:43 PM
SERCE

Well, the website is backup with a new domain name:

www.southeastrcengines.com

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone !

Ron
Old 04-12-2008, 09:15 PM
jstanton

Ron,

What bolts are the one's for the prop hub? I have 3 black bolts and 6 silver. The black bolts fit the prop hub, but are to short for my TBM 21x8 prop. The silver blots are long enough, but seem to have different threads. I really what to test this engine tomorrow. If the black ones are the one's I must use what size are they so I can go get some lager bolts. The nuts for the muffler would not work. They would not fit inside the slot on the engine for them. The nuts where not the right type. I had some 10x32 nuts and bolts that I used and the muffler is seated on the engine Ok for now.

I really like the way this engine looks.
Old 04-14-2008, 05:42 AM
jstanton

Ron,

I figured out the bolts that were needed for the prop hub. The silver bolts threads were very tight, but they were the one''s to use. I have all three of the props ready to use now. TBM 20x8 & 21x8 and a APC sport 20x8. I will start with the APC because it will load down the engine less than the TBM props. After a couple of tanks for fuel I will change over to the TBM props.
Old 04-14-2008, 07:36 AM
dmcmike

Ron,

I figured out the bolts that were needed for the prop hub. The silver bolts threads were very tight, but they were the one''''s to use. I have all three of the props ready to use now. TBM 20x8 & 21x8 and a APC sport 20x8. I will start with the APC because it will load down the engine less than the TBM props. After a couple of tanks for fuel I will change over to the TBM props.

I for one am Very interested in the performance with those TBM''s, especially the 21x8. I put one on my Brison, and was a bit concerned by the apparent drop in RPM, but it pulls harder than anything else i''ve tried.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:41 AM
SERCE

Ron,

I figured out the bolts that were needed for the prop hub. The silver bolts threads were very tight, but they were the one''''s to use. I have all three of the props ready to use now. TBM 20x8 & 21x8 and a APC sport 20x8. I will start with the APC because it will load down the engine less than the TBM props. After a couple of tanks for fuel I will change over to the TBM props.
Yes Jim, You have the correct bolts.
I have had to open the 50cc''s now to check and see if it contains
all of the bolts. I spoke to our manufacture about including
all of what we need and no more than we need. Other wise
it can get confusing. I think thats how you spell it.
HA HA !!!
Enjoy,

Old 04-14-2008, 08:23 AM
jstanton

Mike,

The TBM props are not designed for the optimum RPM''s they are designed to pull and that is what they do. I am using TBM props on my Ulimate 160 with a Fuji 43. RPM''s are down from my Xoar props, but trust is better. I do not have a Xoar prop in the size I want to test with the XYZ-50 so for now I will be using the TBM''s and APC props. I will be order some Xoar props to test with on the engine. I do have cheap chinesse prop called a Volk in a 22x10 size I might try after I have a gallon of fuel thru the engine.
Old 04-17-2008, 09:59 PM
jstanton

Well I finally got around to testing my XYZ-50 engine. I ran the engine with factory settings for four 15 minute runs. The engine started very easy each time. I let the engine cool for 15 minutes between each run. I am using a APC 20x8 sport prop for the breakin period. I feel this prop will put less load on the engine with it being brand new. The engine got a top RPM reading at 7200RPM with the APC 20x8 sport prop and a very good idle at 1900RPM. I did lean out the high end needle 1/4 turn.

I had a problem after the engine had been run for an hour. One of the engine supports on the motor mount broke so I had to stop testing the engine at the point.[:@] I will contact Ron at southeastrceingines about it. I am sure he will send out another motor mount.

Over all this is a very nice engine for the money. Not the power of a DA or DL, but it will put out over 22lbs of thrust once broke in. So if you are looking for a nice engine at a good price and don't need more than 22lbs of thrust this my just be what you are looking for.[)]
Old 04-18-2008, 09:58 AM
jstanton

Just got off the phone with Ron form Southeastrcengines and he is going to send out a new motor mount flinage as soon as he can. They should be in next week. Ron was very understanding and it looks like these engines need to be mounted to an airframe and broke in there. The engine test stand is too rigid and the vibration just gets absorded into the motor mount. Mounted to an airframe the plane takes most of the vibration and puts much less stress on the motor mount flange. I also was using the wrong size if prop. If you look at the web page the smallest prop I should have used was a 20x10 and not a 20x8. Not that much differance, but it did allow the engine the rev up higher than it should have during the break-in process.

Ron is a great guy and he is still standing behind his engines and is going to send out a new motor flange to me.

Thanks Ron.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:02 PM
SERCE

Jim,
Thanks for the input. Great information and could not have said it better myself.
I feel bench testing is good for low rpm running <3000 and to check out the motor for
issues before mounting it in a plane.
I have just about all parts in stock except for a few and the flange is one.
They are on order and should be here the middle of this week.
Will send it out the day I receive my order.
Good luck with the P-40 and let me know how it flys. But thats another forum.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:14 AM
rfmullig

Well,
So far I am loving the XYZ50. For the money it has been a great engine. With each flight it runs a little bit better.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:28 PM
GMoneyPit
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: rfmullig

Well,
So far I am loving the XYZ50. For the money it has been a great engine. With each flight it runs a little bit better.
Can you provide any RPM numbers for props you are using for some relative reference for the rest of us? I've got a Copperhead Venom 45 that gets about 6950 at 5300' elevation running a PZ 22x8. I had an Xoar 21x8 that spun about the same. I have a plane that needs just a little more power. Even though the XYZ is 50cc (as opposed to mine being 45cc), I'm wondering if it will keep up with or exceed the performance of my V45. If not, perhaps I'll look at another engine.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 04-23-2008, 02:47 PM
SERCE

Gary,
I have a V45 as well. Shakes planes apart because of it's long stroke.
Carb went bad after 1 hour of use but I see that he is now sending
walbro's with them.
We are currently building a device to test BHP and static thrust.
Please check out post #33 for some of the latest testing that I have done.

SERCE
Old 04-23-2008, 07:55 PM
jstanton

During my breakin process I got 7200RPM for a very briff run. The engine started very easy for each run and idled at 1900RPM. I have only 4 fiftheen minute runs on the engine so far. My next Test will be on my plane wirth the XYZ-50 mounted. I will run a Bambula 20x10 and a Xoar 21x8. I will have at least 2 hours of run time on the engine before I take my P-40 to the air.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:24 PM
GMoneyPit
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: XYZUSA

Gary,
I have a V45 as well. Shakes planes apart because of it's long stroke.
Carb went bad after 1 hour of use but I see that he is now sending
walbro's with them.
We are currently building a device to test BHP and static thrust.
Please check out post #33 for some of the latest testing that I have done.

SERCE
Thanks for the info. BTW, I like my V45, it is a very nice running engine, I've got a lot of time on it with no problems. I just need a little more power for the plane it's on. I will keep my V45 and put it on another plane. I am currently considering the XYZ as an inexpensive alternative to the MT-57 by Tomy. I would like to get some real world experience on this engine from the users to see how it performs and how long they last. It looks like I will be watching jstanton very closely as he is providing some good information and I've read his posts in a number of other threads.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
SERCE

Hey Gary,
I think that is a great idea.
I really don't want to sell you something that your not going to be happy with.
Read the threads and if I can be of any help, please call me.
I hope to see your order in the future.

Old 04-28-2008, 06:35 PM
SERCE

It looks like we will have some very good video of the XYZ-50cc
in a Hanger9 Extra 260 by the end of the week.
We will post the video on here and our website as sson as it is converted.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
jstanton

Great! I am looking forward to seeing the video.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:47 AM
SERCE

First of two videos:

Owner pulled off DA-50 to test XYZ-50cc

First start right out of the box!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BA4szpcgzQk
Old 05-02-2008, 12:18 PM
jstanton

Ron,

Nice video. I cannot wait to see the next one. Mine starts just as easy.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:19 PM
SERCE

Video 2 of 2

Third Start, First Flight from right out of the Box !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cksWiEHDXk0
Old 05-03-2008, 07:20 PM
STEVESRCWORLD
My Feedback: (23)

I am thinking about ordering one of the 26cc engines. i can't decide between the crrc or the xyz engine. the crrc is $200 delivered and i think they have a little nicer looking muffler. i don't know i'm still looking for some more feedback on these engines. i am going to put it in a 120 size mitsubishi zero. it has a 71" wingspan and i would like it to haul butt across the field pretty good. what do you guy's think?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.