Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

XYZ ENGINES

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 03:26 AM
roadhogtri
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: XYZ ENGINES

How close in weight is the z 20cc to the xyz 26cc. On paper it shows the z20 as 1.6oz heavier than the xyz26. Is the weight pretty close to what it states for the xyz26? I was thinking of the z20 for an H9 P-47 .60, but if the xyz26 will work and it's not much heavier than the z20, I would rather go with the cheaper (price) engine.
Old 12-28-2008, 05:46 PM
SERCE

Just to let the ones know that have been asking us when we plan to put the
new XYZ-50HP to market.

"IT IS HERE"

http://www.southeastrcengines.com/see_010.htm

Thanks to a good friend of mine, please check out his test videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGCNTwyhz7s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Wj7ycbGp0o
Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 AM
SON OF PALEFACE
My Feedback: (1)

Got any engine photo's ???
Old 12-29-2008, 06:20 AM
electricpaps

Ian,
hobbycity.com have responded very well. Good customer support (thanks Ami) - they replaced my faulty parts within a week. No hassel with having to send back the bad parts. The new crankshaft still had a slightly off center tapped hole, but not by so much. The new prop hub is fine. I had to re-cut the prop shaft thread with a die, the original was badly machined.

Now I've managed to sort the bent shaft out I have started running in the engine on a bench. Wow! after all the trouble it looks like a winner. Started immediately, little or no vibrations, good idle an easy to adjust Walbro carb.

I use 100% synthetic oil right from the start. One tank at 2% and then up to 3% as I could feel the engine head temp getting a little high (above 212°F). I hope yours turns out OK too.

Happy flying
Paul
Old 12-29-2008, 09:50 AM
SERCE

ORIGINAL: SON OF PALEFACE

Got any engine photo's ???
http://www.southeastrcengines.com/see_010.htm

Old 12-29-2008, 01:15 PM
SON OF PALEFACE

Well it took them ages to respond to ANY emails and posts in their forum and I sent the video FOUR times , I finally posted it on Vimeo where they had no excuse not to view it
Their lack of customer service and casual attitude coupled with the long time to resolve customer issues is very annoying , if it wasnt for the cheap prices , I'd give them the BIG FINGER[>:]

P/s you shouldnt use top grade oil to run an engine in...3o% el-cheapo oil for the first couple of gallons
Old 12-29-2008, 01:22 PM
SON OF PALEFACE

those lugs on the crankcase look like they're cast ????? I hope they dont break off with the vibes , like another similar chinese engine[X(]
Old 01-04-2009, 02:59 PM
NailMan

Hello! Whether probably to learn what distance between fixing holes (centre to centre holes) at exhaust window XYZ-50 and the size of the most exhaust window?

I wish to find the suitable muffler for another 50cc the engine and very much I like the muffler from XYZ-50 on the in the sizes and a configuration.
Old 01-04-2009, 06:02 PM
countryshooter
My Feedback: (21)

Well I purchased the 50cc engine couple weeks ago for a friend of mine and good thing he is a machinist. First he had trouble with the heli-coil in one of the plastic adapters which they replaced pretty fast so that was ok. then there is a air leak out the spark plug. a very notable leak at that. looked at the threads and the threads runs all the way up the head so there is no seal at the plug. Ron said to just tighten the plug more which didn't help. Didn't want to pay the shipping and restocking fee so he refaced the top end and now seals perfect. well test run once the weather gets better. but for me I wouldn't buy one. I don't like the idea of spending 1k on a plane and have it go down on a "get what you pay for engine".
Old 01-05-2009, 12:43 PM
SERCE

Well it took them ages to respond to ANY emails and posts in their forum and I sent the video FOUR times , I finally posted it on Vimeo where they had no excuse not to view it
Their lack of customer service and casual attitude coupled with the long time to resolve customer issues is very annoying , if it wasnt for the cheap prices , I'd give them the BIG FINGER

P/s you shouldnt use top grade oil to run an engine in...3o% el-cheapo oil for the first couple of gallons
SOP, We need to clear up a few issues.

From what I understand, this forum was started for discussion of the XYZ Engines
that are being procured from Southeast R/C Engines. The differences are huge between
the engines that are purchased from HC and SERCE. HC does nothing to their engines
as far as quality control. They receive a box, they ship a box!
QC in China is not at our standards in the USA, so we must look after them!
Every engine that leaves our shop goes through a 15 point check list,
every ignition is tested on our test engines and 1 out of every 5 engines gets
put on the bench and tested. We have timed this and it takes about an hour per engine to
do this. This has helped our customers and us. With well over 150 engines in the field we
have had 3 returned to date.
All of this takes place before it gets our serial number and QC Passed label.

SOP, you live in AUSTRALIA. SERCE does not ship outside of the USA so I know you did not
purchase your engine from us and there is only HC left.

Regarding your videos.
I handle all the emailing and phone calls for SERCE and I still, as of this day,
did not receive a video from you.
We get a bunch of emails everyday and I try to answer them the best I can.
But something tells me you are sending emails to HC and not us ? Which I stated above, I can see
why you are frustrated, I would be to.

As a general note:
We started SERCE for the love of the hobby and surely not to become millionaires!
Our R/C community lost 2 gas engine resale and service companies this past year.
BCMA and Brielle. After studying the market this past year, we are seeing a drop in small,
gas engine distributors and more of the big boys with deep pockets importing engines from China.
They are not stocking parts and have long lead times on service.

Our market is now flooded with Chinese engines and we have tested them all to date. Even the
ones that could not find a home here in the states. We did our homework !
However, if the R/C community doesn't start supporting the small guys, we will all end up paying
a lot more for our gas engines like it use to be.

With SERCE, what you see on the website is it. We have NO intention of selling airframes or other
little gismoes.(if that is a word). We are doing what we want to do for the R/C Community. That is
to provide engines that we believe in / and provide the best possible service, we can give.

To conclude:
I wish someone would come up with a way to separate comments regarding engines that have
been procured from HC and SERCE ? But I guess that is not possible.

Regarding this forum, as it is, it belongs to the R/C Community and not SERCE or HC. It should
be used to post feedback, knowledge, etc.
It should not to be used to ask SERCE questions.

We have an email address for that and is listed in on the "Contact Us" page on the website.

I personally check this forum around 2-3 times a week. Only to see if we need to get involved with
an issue.

"Thanks to all that have sported this forum, SERCE and all your kind emails"
Old 01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
rfmullig

"1st - From what I understand, this forum was started for discussion of the XYZ Engines
that are being procured from Southeast R/C Engines."

Actually, I started this thread last March for anyone to discuss XYZ engines purchased from any source. This is NOT limited to those engines
"procured" from Southeast R/C Engines.
With this stated, the only guy you want to buy an XYZ engine from is Ron at Southeast R/C Engines. He is absolutely right about the total lack of quality control and service from the Chinese distributors.
Ron provides, by far the best service and info.
R
Old 01-05-2009, 03:11 PM
SERCE

Edited
Old 01-05-2009, 04:14 PM
SERCE

Edited
Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 PM
GregT882762

Does anyone have any video footage of their xyz50 on an Extreme flight yak 74
Old 01-14-2009, 06:07 PM
wantitbad

I found the info I needed after reading the thread ,thanks
Old 02-28-2009, 05:58 PM
geeter
My Feedback: (110)

does anybody know if CH ign co, makes an aftermarket ign for the XYZ 50 cc engine.........thanks................GEETER
Old 02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Geeter,

Why don't you get a new ignition from Ron at SoutheastRCengines. I has a ignition from an SV-26 that went out and I got a new XYZ ignition from Ron and it worked great.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:32 PM
jawbuy
My Feedback: (3)

can anything be done to quiet the engine down a bit...very loud?
Old 03-09-2009, 07:14 PM
GMoneyPit
My Feedback: (5)

I just took a look at the new XYZ 50-HP at [link=http://www.southeastrcengines.com/see_010.htm]this site[/link] and although the engine looks pretty sweet in general, the mounting "ears" seem thin, as in the first release of the DL-50. With the DL, there were lots of reports of those ears breaking off which led to the redesign with much beefier ears. Has anyone had any experience running the new XYZ 50-HP and is this really a valid concern? The picture may be misleading and perhaps the ears are plenty adequate.

Thanks,
Gary
Old 03-10-2009, 10:00 PM
SERCE

ORIGINAL: GMoneyPit

I just took a look at the new XYZ 50-HP at [link=http://www.southeastrcengines.com/see_010.htm]this site[/link] and although the engine looks pretty sweet in general, the mounting "ears" seem thin, as in the first release of the DL-50. With the DL, there were lots of reports of those ears breaking off which led to the redesign with much beefier ears. Has anyone had any experience running the new XYZ 50-HP and is this really a valid concern? The picture may be misleading and perhaps the ears are plenty adequate.

Thanks,
Gary
Hey Gary,
We don't have a lot of time these days to check the forums like we should.
Although, we try our best to stay on top of any issues we see.

The pictures were taken before the production release and need to be changed.
Because the production run of our HP has a CNC machined
crankcase out of solid aluminum.
The smaller mounting ears have been changed and will try to update the website
to reflect this ASAP.
Ron
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 PM
SERCE

ORIGINAL: jstanton

Geeter,

Why don't you get a new ignition from Ron at SoutheastRCengines. I has a ignition from an SV-26 that went out and I got a new XYZ ignition from Ron and it worked great.
Hey Jim,
Long time no hear.
Hope the P-40 is still in one piece ?? LOL

My business partner and some other bud's went out to the field today and Maddened
our 1/4 scale P-19 that we purchased from another flier. We used our new 50HP that ran great during the Madden.
However during it's second flight, the servo tray came loose inside and closed the throttle
all the way and we had to dump it on one of our hills. *^%##$%& ??????

Not much damaged to the plane, but it sure did spoil a good day !!

Hope all is well and thanks for all the support in the past.
I think you were one of our very first customers !!!!
We have sold many engines over the past year and all seems to be doing well.

Not sure if you saw Page-102 in this months AMA Mag, but Sal did a review on our
engines and company. We are so very grateful.
We got a bunch of orders from gentlemen that do not have (and do not want)
computers.... LOL...

Hope all is well,

Old 03-10-2009, 10:17 PM
astrohog

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gmoneypit,

As Ron stated, the mounting ears are NOT thin at all. NO concerns here, in fact, they areprobably thicker than the ears on my DA. Haven't had a chance to run it too much, but this is one nice-looking engine! (especially for the price!)

Regards,

Astrohog
Old 03-11-2009, 05:01 AM
jstanton
My Feedback: (14)

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Ron,

Sorry to here about the P-19, but glad to hear all is not lost. The XYZ-50 is running great. In fact it is the perfect engine for the Skyshark P-40. So far it is my favorite plane and engine combo. I want to buy your XYZ-50HP, but I don't have a plane to put it in at the moment[:@] I did see your articale in the last AMA magazine and I agreed witht he results. I keep telling the guy's at the field how happy I am with the XYZ-50 and if I was going to buy another 50 size gas engine it would be another XYZ. Thanks for you help and keep going forward.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:43 PM
SERCE

Hello our fellow fliers,
We will be posting this on just about every thread on all sites that we can think of.

Well, we have spent a great deal of time and money over the past two years testing, helping with the design and trying our best to provide a great engine at a lower price.
Just so many in our hobby can fly gas and larger scale airframes at a lower cost.

We spent a bunch of money with XYZ on test engines, proto-types, free engines for evaluation and reviews. Sponsored pilots, decals, forum advertising, etc. etc. But mostly time, money and help from a bunch of our dear friends.

Most of you do not realize this, but we must spend between 1 to 3 hours of preparation on each of these engines to get them to pass what we call our “good enough to fly ourselves” engine quality test.
Because of this, XYZ has reduced any type of quality control in place, to nothing at all.

These are very nice engines for the money. But as a distributor in our country, you just can’t procure a box with an engine in it and sell a box with an engine in it. You must make sure that this engine can meet and/or exceeds our standards. These standards were established from many of the companies still in business today.

Now you take “a certain company that sells low cost products in China”. They are advertising the XYZ-26-C for $129.00usd ????? This was a direct hit against us because of our excellent service and our fair price in the USA.
We cannot and will not try to compete with this.

As of today, we have decided to no longer promote the XYZ line of engines.
Even though we never started this company to become rich, we surely don’t want to lose money. The amount of time it takes to prepare these engines has cost us hours and hours of time and money.

We have issued serial numbers to all of our customers over the past 1.5 years.
We will reserve our stock of engine parts to only our previous customers and will continue to support their warranty. Although, since we do have some over stock items, you may call us if you have a problem and we will try to help.

We have decided to promote only the engines we have continued to test during the past 1-1/2 years. We are also currently testing others to bring into our line. These engines will be affordable and will have excellent quality and be sold at the lowest price possible.

We at Southeast R/C Engines would like to thank all of our customers that helped us grow over the past 1-1/2 years. With hopes that you will standby us over the next month or two, as we re-structure our line up of quality gas engines.
Just remember:
“Everyone Can Fly Gassers“

Ron, Rich and Trena @
www.southeastrcengines.com
Old 01-16-2011, 06:26 AM
jssull00

Got a XYZ 26 with a front bearing going bad. I can't get the
hub off crank shaft. Used a puller and moderate heat but it
won't budge. Any suggestions ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.