Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

walbro WT carb question

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 10:14 AM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: walbro WT carb question

If there is any question you can always check one from tip to top with an Ohm meter.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:30 AM
ljones5000
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: pe reivers

If it is a garden type plug, with conical seat and 14mm thread, it must be an R-type, or the ignitions of Evolution will act up in strange ways.
if it is the new 10mm plug for ICU ignitions that replaces the NGK CM6, it is a non-resistor plug.
Pe, I was asking about the Evolution plug, not to be confused with the Evolution engine. These plugs have a diamond shaped electrode as opposed to a single bar and the package lists a number of plugs they can replace, i.e., NGK BMR6A or NGK BMR6F, and others. For example, the E3.12 plug is the same size as the BMR6A. I bought one some time ago but when I realized there was no "R" in the name, I was afraid to use it. I still have the plug and I ran it in one engine on the ground but not in the air. Everything I have read says don't run a non-resistor plug.

I guess I should add I own a DA100 which runs the NGK CM6 but I don't know why it is ok to run.
Old 03-25-2008, 02:56 PM
mikekosatka
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, here's the latest.
Replaced the ignition battery with a new 4 cell nimh 1200, and put the new plug in. Fresh 40:1 93 octane. Still ran a little crappy but my gasser friends said it was running rich and adjusted the high and low speed needles and it's tick like a swiss watch (pre-quartz). BTW, pe reivers,
I wish I could borrow you for a few beers to thank you ( and some others at RCU) for all the help you provide. ( then I would drag you out to the field and see if you could get my MVVS .61 to run dependably. I tried 2 carbuerators and 2 headers/and 2pipes, all from from Morris Hobbies here in Houston,Tx. Now it just sits on my spare engine shelf waiting until I feel like listing in RCU or Ebay, but that's a different story, different thread!!!
Mike
Old 03-25-2008, 06:50 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike,
The .60 is a wonderful engine, that got me hooked on MVVS to start with.
Spend it the right fuel first 80/20 FAI, no nitro, preferrably castor oil, though Klotz should do as well, and an enya #3 plug, with 14x8 prop.

@ Larry,
Just run the plug, and check engine response and radio interference. If all is well, I see no reason not to use it. Like big bird said, you can check the resistance to find out what it is.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:58 AM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just happened to run across this photo of my G-62 after it ingested that tiny little screw when the throttle shaft broke. Enjoy.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27448.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	914024  
Old 03-27-2008, 01:21 PM
P51p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I made the mistake of trying to remove the disc and shaft ( new never used SPE 40cc) so I could remove the return spring for the throttle, only now to have a nightmare on my hands. Now when I tighten down the brass screw on the disc, the shaft becomes very tight to rotate, and as I loosen the screw, the shaft becomes easy to rotate. Not sure what to do. Anyone else have this problem when reassembling the disc and shaft to the throttle?

Graham