Zenoah 23

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 03:28 PM
vmgo22
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah 23

Hello evrybody:

I have a Zenoah 23 already installed in my G.Planes Chipmunk. Runs great however I'm having a lot of interference in the radio System and the engine start suddenly getting higher rpm's and back to iddle state without doing nothing with the radio.

The kill switch is placed in front in the cowl, to avoid any interference with servos, but I have not had good results yet.

This is my first gas engine, I dont have experience with gas, I would appreciatte if somebody could help me.

Thanks.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:23 PM
caiman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Zenoah 23

Keep the kill switch inside the cowl, but try mooving the servo that you use to activate it to the inside of the fuselage and use a plastic pushrod. Another possible solution might be to install a better grounded shield on the sparkplug cable or on the servo cable.

Keep the receiver antenna as far away from the engine as possible.

On FM systems, sometimes if the transmitter is too close to the receiver, you get some servo moovement, try mooving the transmitter about 10 feet away from the airplane.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-14-2008, 06:41 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Zenoah 23

The G23 is usually very good at supressing RF noise so make sure that you are using a resistor type plug. An easy way to check is to make sure that the plug you are using has an 'R' in its marking such as an NGK BMR6A or Champion RCJ6.

Karol