Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Scott from Brillelli ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:45 AM
t_driver
My Feedback: (43)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scott from Brillelli ?????

Is Scott still around??? Ive called everyday for over two weeks and e-mailed him . I have got nothing back and he dont pick up the phone...
Old 07-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Jake Ruddy
My Feedback: (40)

Default RE: Scott from Brillelli ?????

I have made several posts in the engine threads trying to keep people up todate.

He is helping his parent's out at their business right now because they lost some employees. He is working 8-10 hrs a day there and then coming home to build engines. He can't be on the phone all day while working and he is focusing on trying to get caught up on engines at night.

He does return emails but he is a bit slow with that as well right now.. just not enough hours in the day and he is still moving a bit slow due to health reasons. He has a lot of his plate right now so people are going to have to be patient awhile longer.

If I can be of help pm me pls.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:32 PM
ChickenStick Rick
My Feedback: (674)

I had a problem on my 366 on this past Wed. the 2nd. Called him and he answered on the third ring. Had to call him back about 15 minutes later and answered on the third ring again. He solved my problem over the phone.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
Jake Ruddy

He will answer if he can.. but that won't be as common as people were use to.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:26 PM
John2

I've had no luck getting hold of him either and has not replied to my email. I'm trying to get a quote on a replacement cylinder to make a claim with the post office. I bought a 54cc engine that is about one year old and practically new. I think it was a prototype for maybe the 60cc engine. It hovers my 15lb G.P. Yak 54 at less than half throttle. Nice engine.

I can understand about how busy he is. I'll just keep trying until I get him.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 PM
t_driver

ORIGINAL: ChickenStick Rick

I had a problem on my 366 on this past Wed. the 2nd. Called him and he answered on the third ring. Had to call him back about 15 minutes later and answered on the third ring again. He solved my problem over the phone.
Well if you talk to him again ask him to give me a call ..219-242-6090

I have try to call him 2 or 3 time a day for like 3 weeks now and i get nothing ..And yes i have e-mailed him to ...
Old 07-07-2008, 11:42 PM
rodney tanner

I have been waiting three months for a 46GT. Scott eventually replies to e-mails but lately even that has stopped. We all go through times like this and I am trying to be patient (no choice really). Frankly I think he should have just suspended service for a couple of months to get himself sorted out and get caught up on the backlog and not spoil a well earned reputation; I for one would have totally understood. Let's hope things get sorted out soon. []
Old 07-08-2008, 06:39 AM
StPeteFlyer

I also called him about 2 months ago to get a replacement muffler that one of the welded tubes broke during flight. I also ordered some parts about 2 weeks after that and have yet to recieve either. I have sent mulitiple e-mails and tried to call several times but have had no luck. I know Scott's situation but its still frustrating. I would like to order another 366gt but I would like to fly the plane this year. I guess I will just go back to DA.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:53 AM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy of mine has the 46cc and the muffler broke during a slight mishap. Is there any other muffler out there that will fit this engine that he could get pretty quick ? I know Scott is in a little bind at the monent so I didn't what to tell my buddy to contact Brillelli and then have to wait.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:09 AM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

It is a Poulan chain saw engine, Go to the engine conversion forums and ask the question, A lot of people make mufflers for it.

Milton
Old 07-08-2008, 07:20 AM
StPeteFlyer

ORIGINAL: ChickenStick Rick

Im thinking you should of bought a lotto ticket that day too with that kind of luck.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Deathbunny_SG
My Feedback: (6)

I sent an email asking for a refund through paypal last week for the SSR I ordered. Scott emailed me back saying np he would refund it the very next day, however I havent actualy got the refund yet. Its a shame to see a buisness built off of such great customer service get ruined like this.[] I dont know if he wasnt making enough off this buisness to make it priority anymore or what but putting another business above your own when you have customers waiting as long as he does is just BAD business IMO.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:25 AM
outacntrl

im in rodneys boat.... been waiting for bout 3 months for my 46 and can't get any replys @ all... i understand he busy,but i just wish it would of said somthing on his web site like ur not gonna be able to fly this summer if u order a brillelli but here i sit , watching for the big brown truck to pull dwn the drv'way..i did have the pleasure of fly'n my bro inlaws yak w/ the 36 in it yesterday ..so i got my fix .. and it runs sweet . so im just gonna wait scott out. mabe santa's gonna be bring it
Old 07-08-2008, 12:00 PM
John2

[quote]ORIGINAL: outacntrl

im in rodneys boat.... been waiting for bout 3 months for my 46 and can't get any replys @ all... i understand he busy,but i just wish it would of said somthing on his web site like ur not gonna be able to fly this summer if u order a brillelli

I can top that one. I ordered a BME 50cc in April of 07 and paid for it in June 07. Still don't have a BME, but according to the new owners i'm supposed to get a BME 58cc Extreme shipped to me this week. Sounds like Scott may be headed in the same direction that Keith Baker went. I hope not as the new owners of BME has a lot damage control to do.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:17 PM
outacntrl

john2..ooooooooooooooooooh that story crushed my will to live..thanx
Old 07-08-2008, 12:24 PM
rodney tanner

Well, I have hedged my bets and ordered an FTL 52 from Hong Kong for $200, plus a $100 for a Pitts muffler from J'tec. This is my first gas project and I am selling off most of my glow stuff, so I didn't want to get totally stranded with nothing to fly. I guess this must one of those "misery loves company" threads. Let's hope it has a happy ending!
Old 07-08-2008, 05:53 PM
handsonscott
My Feedback: (1)

I ordered a 46GT over a month ago, still waiting of course. I have tried to call, many times- I've left messages, sent emails, and have not heard anything back from Brillelli. At this point, I'm really regretting spending money for one of Scott's engines that I'm not sure I'll ever see. I would ask for a refund, but he seems to be unavailable. Does anyone know what the actual turn-around time is for one of these engines? I can wait 4-6 weeks, but anything beyond that is not only inconvenient, but unprofessional. If Scott is having trouble fulfilling his orders, he should state that on his website, or just suspend operations until he gets things sorted out.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:18 PM
StPeteFlyer

A guy at my local field has been waiting for almost 4 months now for his 26cc.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:57 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

Let's all hope that this does not turn out to be a case of "It was too good to last"

Karol
Old 07-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Jake Ruddy

It really is a shame none of you have all the info which I can not share because of the personal nature... but I can tell you if you were in Scott's world right now your attitude would be completely different.

He was gone from Wed. night till tonight so any emails between then will not be returned yet. Those who want a refund will be granted it without question.

I am honestly beginning to think there is either a large spam filter issue or an isp issue because he is not getting all the emails people are claiming to send... yes he is behind on email no doubt.. but there seems to be a lot more unrecieved email than he is getting.

I believe the website will be updated where you can't place anymore emails until he catches up but I am not sure when that is going to happen right now.

All I can say is people will get their engines no doubt, or a refund if they request it. I know he has 10 carbs arriving tomorrow that he has been told several times wouild already be there.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:33 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

I know its frustrating for you guys that have paid and not received your engine I would probably feel the same way but I do know that Scott is a stand-up guy and will not under ANY circumstances leave you guys hanging.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:13 PM
t_driver

Does`nt matter if he would just return a phone call or an e-mail i think it would help alot of people at understand whats going on ...
Old 07-08-2008, 10:21 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The thread "Brillelli Boyz " had 866 postings in it. Is the other Brillelli helper still helping? Just wondering. I thought there was a partnership there. Hope this all turns out better. Capt,n
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81925.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	986747  
Old 07-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Balsa Steel
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: Jake Ruddy

It really is a shame none of you have all the info which I can not share because of the personal nature... but I can tell you if you were in Scott's world right now your attitude would be completely different.
I was ready to unload until I read that. My patience is growing very thin, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. March was a long time ago though...
Old 07-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Hey Guys,
Remember, Scott is basically a one man show. I had to wait almost 3 months to get my 26 but it came. If Scott says he will do something, he WILL do it. I know it's hard to wait after forking out $$$ but please be patient. His engines and his product support are still one of the best. Don't bombard him with e-mails and give his phone a rest, I'm confidant he's doing the best he can. Hang in there Scott!

Happy Flying!

Loopman

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.