Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

BJ Model Engines Service? and my Brison 2.4

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

BJ Model Engines Service? and my Brison 2.4

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 06:39 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BJ Model Engines Service? and my Brison 2.4

I would like to know if anyone has deal with Bj models engiens to have their Brison Engines Serviced?

The reson I'm asking is becasue I read a lot on thir website it it looked like it was great place to send the engine in but I sort of getting a bit disapointed becasue I sent my engine in and...

First I never got an email from them saying they got my engine,, I had to call them up 3 day later to see what was going on with my engine and they told me they havent got to it yet,, and that they would get to it the next day,,3 days later I send them an email to see if they got to it or not,,well no reply back from them so I waited 1 more day and called them up,,couldnt get a hold of anyone,,and no emails yet,,it has been 7 days since they received my engine and I have no idea what's going on.

Did I just screwd up by sending them the Engine??? [] and may never get it back???

I will appreciate alot if anyone has had any experience with these guys.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 08:12 AM
rbuhrman
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: BJ Model Engines Service? and my Brison 2.4

Don't know about BJ but the best guys to work on your Brison are Gary Allison and his dad down in Texas.

[email protected]

If they are still around, that is the place to send your engine.....they are fantastic and very reasonalble.

rbuhrman
Old 07-26-2008, 10:19 AM
Don M.
My Feedback: (5)

This time of year I would expect to wait a week or so for them to get to my engine. If they are NOT busy they won't be around long. I find that most of the "service industry" are terrible at responding to e-mails.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Bass1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've dealt with Bill at BJ's a few times and I can say he has been great. I've called and talked to him with questions about my Brison engine and he has answered and diagnosed my problems without even seeing the engine., Also giving excellent advice and explaining the how to install the parts properly. I believe he's a "one man show" so he could be quite busy this time of year. I've called a few times and he wasn't home but another call a short time later and he was home and more than happy to give his time and talk me through my issues. I recently had an idle problem with my Brison 3.2. It would'nt always return to idle after throttling back down. I checked the linkage and servo thinking the problem was in that area. When I didn't find anything wrong there I called Bill and explained the issue to him. He told me that overtime the constant opening and closing of the throttle butterfly could begin to develop a little play and beat/vibrate against the carb throat. Well after taking the carb off and checking, I found that the butterfly screw had backed out a turn or so and the butterfly was in fact slightly loose and had deformed the throat and bent up the edge of the buterfly itself from vibrating back and forth and creating quite an air leak. I happened to have a new carb on hand and installed it and the problem was solved Bill knows his stuff and he didn't seemed bothered at all to take the time to explain my most likely idle problem. Give him a chance I'm sure he'll take care of you.
Old 07-26-2008, 02:07 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

ORIGINAL: Don M.

This time of year I would expect to wait a week or so for them to get to my engine. If they are NOT busy they won't be around long. I find that most of the "service industry" are terrible at responding to e-mails.

emails or phone calls,, I left the ma message last thursday and still nothing!!!![],,, I underestand if they are really busy but dont advertise something on the website you can not keep up with,,you know what I mean???

I guess I'll try to call them up on Monday or tuesday and see wat's up,,see I dont mind if they just told me we are busy and it will be 1 month until we can get to the engine,,, but not having a reply back on email or a call back on the phone I started getting concerend about my Engine!!!