Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DA-85 and NX props anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 07:52 PM
charrua
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DA-85 and NX props anyone???

I havent seen much on the DA-85 and NX Props,,,ayone using them with good results???

I'm interested in the NX 27x10 size,,the reason I ask this is becasue I had a NX 23x8 on my DA-50 and I loved it awsome prop and very quiet so I was wondering about the bigger ones!!!

Thanks for any input!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 12:41 AM
mtwister

Default RE: DA-85 and NX props anyone???

NX's can be a pretty good load. I run a 26x10 Mezj and Vess on my ZDZ 80 and when I switched to a Xoar and an NX they both were about 400 rpms (after peaking) than the other two props. I've seen a DA-85 ripping a 27x10 Mezj prop, so I know they have serious power, but I don't know if you'd be better off with a 26x10 NX or 27x10 NX.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:29 AM
pilot727

NX are nice props but they break really easy and you can buy a xoar for about the same price i run the xoar sword and love it.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:21 AM
charrua

ORIGINAL: pilot727

NX are nice props but they break really easy and you can buy a xoar for about the same price i run the xoar sword and love it.

They break??? what do you mean they break flying????[X(]
Old 07-27-2008, 10:01 AM
pilot727

charu
Ya in the har
Old 07-27-2008, 12:54 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: pilot727

I have run a bunch of NX props, 22x10 24x12 26x10, and I think they are as strong as they need to be. I never had one break in the air. If I have a prop strike I want it to break because it is easier on the engine. I also have XOAR props (22x10) and I think they are equally as good as NX.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:03 PM
pilot727

Ken
Mine broke on the grass and it did not hit hard at all, your right though, my xoar has hit the grass also just a graze and it held up nice but i think that nx is a lighter prop and also a nice prop but sells for almost the same price as the xoar sword which i have two of them the white one with red tips and the black one with grey tips and i do like them very much, i also like nx to but for the money i thought it would be only a few more dollars to get the sword and i am very happy with it, happy flying, i am typing in the dark so if i make a mistake you know why ha ha
Old 07-27-2008, 02:03 PM
charrua

so it loks like the xoars props might be a bit better quality then???? I have never tried one on any kind,,so where do you get the Xoar Sword props?

Are they loud???
Old 07-27-2008, 02:31 PM
Big_Bird
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I find the NX and the XOAR beechwood prop to be of equal quality. You can buy the sword here:
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/rcmsec/...XOARProps.html

Since I don't have a XOAR sword I can't comment on the noise.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:25 PM
pilot727

Charrua
Go to chief hobbies and xoar has a prop called the sword and i have bought one of each, one white one with red tips and it is just so beautiful and so well made and they have a black sword also with grey tips that i also purchased and i also bought one of there beachwood props and i have had theNX prop but they cost almost as much as the sword and these props are sealed with, not sure but they are much stronger then the NX although i also like the NX but if i have to spend the same money i am surely going to buy the sword and if you buy one i think that you will stick with that line of props, i am not going to spend 70 dollars for different makes of props, not when i am so happy with these one's. They have a factory that tells you how there made and what they are covered with and it is very interesting, they do not sell there products you have to buy from chief and surely other shops carry them as well. good luck and i am sure you will be impressed.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:34 PM
charrua

ORIGINAL: Big_Bird

I find the NX and the XOAR beechwood prop to be of equal quality. You can buy the sword here:
http://www.chiefaircraft.com/rcmsec/...XOARProps.html

Since I don't have a XOAR sword I can't comment on the noise.

Great I ended up in chief doing a yahoo serch for the xoar props and I didnt see the sword there,,mmm tey do look nice I think for the comments here I'm gonna have to try one of those now,,now I have to decide which color

I have a Black CF ultimate spinner on my plane I wonder which one will look better on it I first I was thinking of the black one but maybe ther silver would be better to give it contrast!!!!,,I know it wont make a difference on performance or it wont even show when it's flying but you know I like it too look good when I'm looking at it on the pitts!!!!

Silver?...whatt do you all think?
Old 07-27-2008, 05:53 PM
pilot727

I have got to tell you that white prop with the red tips is an eye catcher for sure i have had many compliments on it, also on the black with the tan tips but i would go with the white one with the red tips
Old 07-27-2008, 07:51 PM
charrua

I did a little play on the computer and man I like them all!!!!

I Still sort of like the silver or black!!! mmmm
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76662.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	999024   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy80337.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	999025   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72708.jpg
Views:	14