plasticman
My Feedback: (97)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCGF Engines

ORIGINAL: mmattockx

SunShyne,

From Henry's site:

Displacement (cc) 26cc
Bore x Stroke (mm) 1.33"x1.12" (34mmx28.6mm)
Carburetor Walbro
Ignition DC-CDI (electronic ignition system)
Power supply 4.8-6V
Weight - with ignition and muffler 39.6 ounces (1122g)
Weight - without ignition & muffler 34.4 ounces (975g)

Maximum Output 2.6hp/1.85KW
Speed range 1500-8000rpm
Gas/Oil Mix 25-40:1 (90 octane gasoline)
Propeller 18*8 7100 rpm
I added the bolding. Henry told me tested the 45cc with Xoar props, so I expect that is what the 26 got as well. It is not as strong as a good glow engine of the same size, but it is doing decent numbers.

Plasticman, you will have to buy one and tell us how it works out with the pipe. How's that other 26 and pipe working in your big Fusion?

Mark
Mark,

The the other 26 is back with the manufacturer for repair; don't expect to see it anytime soon. The big Fusion awaits power and this RCGF is a candidate and my ES Composite pipe is ready for a mate. I am hoping Piston can set me up. I will get some numbers, video, and post the results if this happens. No doubt, the 26 falls into that perfect O.S. 1.60 replacement if it can get into the 9000 range.

David
Old 08-14-2008, 10:13 PM
mmattockx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: SunShyne

good info gents, appreciate it! I cant run a pipe since its a full fuse 1/4 scale and I would hate to butcher the plane anymore to get a pipe to fit but if I could 8000ish I think I might be ok with it

I just need to hover and have decent pull out and not have to pay a huge weight penalty
Well, a canister system then. Should fit and will make more power than the muffler with less noise.

How much does the Cap weigh?

Mark
Old 08-14-2008, 10:17 PM
mmattockx

ORIGINAL: plasticman

The the other 26 is back with the manufacturer for repair; don't expect to see it anytime soon. The big Fusion awaits power and this RCGF is a candidate and my ES Composite pipe is ready for a mate. I am hoping Piston can set me up. I will get some numbers, video, and post the results if this happens. No doubt, the 26 falls into that perfect O.S. 1.60 replacement if it can get into the 9000 range.

David
That sucks. From the sound of it, you may have a fair wait on your hands. The RCGF 26 looks to run neck and neck with a G26, so that should be equivalent to what you had before. Let us know how it works out.

Mark
Old 08-15-2008, 01:40 AM
driesbabe

Guy's
I am also a distributor for these engines and consider them to be my babies. I did not want to post here, as someone asked for people’s experiences outside of the distributor ring, but now I feel I have to.
The RCGF 26cc engine is a very nice little engine. It's reliable, and makes decent power the best thing is that it is easy to use. The Jug and piston on this engine come from an industrial background (chainsaw/ weedwacker) and are therefore extremely durable, but are not the best performance machines.
The 26cc that I run has now got 7 hours of running on it, this is testing in an endurance plane and when opened, there is no real sign of it having run in.
I started of with a Menz 18X6 at 7200RPM then when this did not produce the speed that I wanted on the plane, I changed to a Menz 17X8 (in my opinion the best prop for this engine) The engine ran a 7600RPM before the flight and after 50 minutes of flying with a hot engine just after landing it had picked up to 7800RPM It has stayed at this Nr. for now.
Now, please consider that I am stuck at 6800 feet above see level, and some 100-300RPM's more are to be expected at lower altitudes.
I for one, would not stack this engine up against an OS 160 FX, the FX is stronger. I have also owned a G26 and it is also stronger, only by a bit, but stronger.
That being said, it is still a very very nice little machine, and a pleasure to work with and at the price, who can argue with that.
Regards
Andreas
Old 08-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Hello Andreas
Do you an idea where is the power band on the RCGF 26CC? I plan to install one into a 72'' warbird. I am thinking about APC 16x10 or 16x12 for maximum speed. Should i keep the RPM in the 7000-8000 RPM range or over 8000 RPM?
Daniel

Old 08-15-2008, 07:20 AM
driesbabe

Daniel,
Keep it under 8000Rpm, a 16x10 and 16x12 should work very well.
regards
Andreas
Old 08-15-2008, 07:29 AM
Scoubidou

Ok thanks.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Whistling Death

Good to see we have some users. Keep It Coming!!
Old 08-16-2008, 08:45 PM
Whistling Death

I was just looking at the GRPro 26. It is amazing how much it looks like the RCGF 26.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Hello Whistling Death.

Yes it is interesting... There is a good reason....It is a RCGF Engine.....
You will find me and all the distributors of the RCGF Engines repeating the same story. The RCGF Engine are copied, cloned and bought through 3rd party companies and sold as their own by other engine sellers. Notice that I did not say manufacturers...

That is why RCGF Engines had to actually retool their engine lineup so that these other substandard designs won't be associated with the RCGF line. This was completed early this year, and these new engines are getting incredible reviews. As distributors of these engines we are really hesitant of talking these engines up. But it really is coming to a point that we need to differentiate ourselves from the lower tier crap manufacturers that are giving the quality engine manufacturers like RCGF, headaches.

Gas Engines that rcuniverse readers think are manufactured by the company selling them are in for a big surprise. Many of them are not. They are either contracted out, cloned, copied, forged or whatever you want to say. GRPRO did it (does it). They actually put a picture of the RCGF 150cc engine on their website and starting preselling them as their own!!!

RCGF Engines does manufactures engines under contract to companies that promise to sell only in China. Problem is, there is Ebay, and other reselling outlets. They are trying to stem this abuse, but it is difficult. We are a global community. That is why all of us are only servicing engines that we sell through our dealers and distribution channels.

I see posts that have guys raving about the deals they got for an engine that should cost 100's more. You know why.... The darn things are junk, made with substandard materials. The will run for a couple of hours or maybe even a season and then die. The posts are full of these stories. And get some service for them....Go ahead.. go luck.

I am dealing with a number of pilots on these issues. It is frustrating and time consuming, but one service that I am pleased to do, so that I can educate them.

Henry

Old 08-16-2008, 11:25 PM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

hey fellas,

I checked out there website after reading this and GRpro is not consistant with there engines... In Australia the engines seem to be the HH type of engine and they look nothing Like the RCGF line and. If you go to the China website they look more like the RCGF line? That says alot, I don't know if they are two different companys but you don't see Piston and driesbabe selling two completly different lines of engines Under the RCGF name... Hobby city sells the HH line of engines on there site, go figure. IF RCGF does make engines for GRpro under contract, I don't know if I could trust them, not the engines, but the Grpro guys because of the inconsistancy of there line up. I would rather go to a RCGF distributer to get the engine, knowing that I would have a good quality engine and good costomer service comming.

T.J.

Oh, and Piston... I see the page is comming along... it looks good, you can click to buy now!!!
Old 08-16-2008, 11:47 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: T3beatz

hey fellas,
I would rather go to a RCGF distributer to get the engine, knowing that I would have a good quality engine and good costomer service comming.
T.J.

Oh, and Piston... I see the page is comming along... it looks good, you can click to buy now!!!
Yea, I would never buy an engine that I couldn't get serviced in the US.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:56 PM
mmattockx

ORIGINAL: perche

Hi!
I just finished my Esm Skyraider today, and i have a Rcgf 26cc in it. With a 18/8. Maiden friday. Il tac it on the first tank of gas.( The engine has never been started)

Thomas
Any news on this one? Which brand of prop are you using? Which muffler?

Thanks,
Mark
Old 08-21-2008, 04:21 PM
perche

yess, im using a woodn roto prop. 18/8. This is one of the best engines iv owned...i just love it!!! It starts easy, i havent used the choke yet. It had good needle settings out of the box. i was hoping to lean it a little after 2-3 tanks. easyer said than done, this baby dont use mutch gas Rock steady idle, for me this is a true winner so far! and no "4-stroking"

Go for it!

Thomas
Old 08-21-2008, 04:30 PM
perche

yess, im using a woodn roto prop. 18/8. This is one of the best engines iv owned...i just love it!!! It starts easy, i havent used the choke yet. It had good needle settings out of the box. i was hoping to lean it a little after 2-3 tanks. easyer said than done, this baby dont use mutch gas Rock steady idle, for me this is a true winner so far! and no "4-stroking"

Go for it!

Thomas
Old 08-21-2008, 06:40 PM
RACJ

How would the 20cc fit in round cowl H9 warbirds(P-47,Corsair) In particular I have H9 AT-6 dicontinued but New in Box. Any idea how far the carb will stick out?? Perhaps some of the dealers have seen one used in H9's
Old 08-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Whistling Death

I am curious about what the size of the exhaust ports. I saw the port and bolt pattern sizes on the manuals.
What other engines are the exhaust ports comparable to?
Just in case I wanted to put a pitts muffler or a tuned pipe on any of these engines.
Old 08-24-2008, 06:35 AM
perche

The engine is rear inductione.....
Old 08-24-2008, 11:31 AM
mmattockx

ORIGINAL: perche

The engine is rear inductione.....
The 20cc has a side mounted carb, not rear mounted.

Mark
Old 08-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Scoubidou

Does the J'en 26cc muffler fit on the RCGF 26cc? It would be perfect for narrow cowls like spitfire...

http://www.justengines.unseen.org/acatalog/J_EN.html
Old 08-26-2008, 09:40 PM
iliveonlytocrash
My Feedback: (1)

Whistling Death,

If you're interested in more responses from end users, I received my RCGF 26 about a week ago. I broke it in according to the instruction manual (2 hours running at low RPM with dino oil at 25:1). Then I ran my usual Klotz synthetic modelube at 50:1. With 2 gallones of fuel run through it and the carb adjusted for the Klotz oil, it will turn
an APC 18 x 6 W prop at 7600 RPM. I'm at 700 feet asl, temp was 78 degrees, 80% humidity). The engine runs very smooth and is very easy to start. The stock muffler is not as loud as other mufflers i've used on similar engines. I will be putting the engine on a Hangar 9 Twist 150. I should have it ready to fly by this weekend. If you are interested in knowing how it turns out, let me know and I will post the results.

I will also add that Henry (piston), my local distributor was VERY HELPFUL answering questions and sharing technical info on the engine and info the company itself.
Old 08-26-2008, 10:24 PM
Whistling Death

Oh yes, please keep us posted! All information is welcomed.
I still want to know what if any other engines the RCGF engine exhaust port and bolt pattern might be simlar so I will know how to order a pitts muffler.
The site says that the 45cc has a 26mm exhaust port and bolt pattern is 43mm on center.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:35 AM
aussiesteve

Is "Whistling Death" a dealer of some sort of engine? I notice you are a "Trading Plus" member. If so - Why not do as I was advised - place your interest in your signature line - It saves any confusion when posting about a product and it also generates plenty of enquiries (Well it does for me) - some of those become sales.

Anyway - to Answer your question/s -
The 45cc has the same pattern on the exhaust as the Peak 45cc engine.
The 50cc has the same pattern as DA50 & DL50
The 26cc has the same pattern as SPE
Thje 100cc has the same as the DA100 & DL100
The 65cc has the same as the Peak 65cc
The 150cc has the same as the DA 150

I am not sure about the 20cc. It is new to the range and I don't have any first hand experience with it (yet). My main market doesn't tend to use much of that size of Gas engine But I do have a couple on order and will evaluate them for market suitability once they arrive. I don't currently have a plane in stock that is suitable for it and am trying to decide what to use for the evaluation plane - maybe one of the other dealers can help out on the information for that one.

I am not familiar with Just Engines products - so I can't say for sure if their product will fit. There are so many different manufacturers out there that nobody can genuinely "know all" about all products - even though there are some here who may appear to do so.

One thing that I do know for sure - is that the RCGF dealer network is a group of people with strong technical backgrounds that readily share information with each other - we try our best to have the best information available for our customers but it does take time for us to collectively know everything

Old 08-27-2008, 01:53 AM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

Aussiesteve,
If I'm not mistaken, the Peak 65cc is the same engine as the RCGF 65cc, That is where I bought my 65cc engine from and it was drop-shipped from the factory... I'm guessing the 45cc is the same...

But you are still right they do have the same bolt pattern!

I didn't bother looking around for a pits muffler for the 65cc because the one it came with was adequate enough for me... I read the first threads on this engine and people where complaining about the Pitts muffler it came with so RCGF switched to the one that's on there now. Mine held up well until The ground came up into the sky and hit my plane! it just broke the stack off, I still fly without it, same noise level, and it still exits below the cowling, it just looks better because there's no Stack sticking out the bottom it looks almost flush...
Old 08-27-2008, 02:10 AM
aussiesteve

Yes
In the past the factory used to make those two models (45cc and 65cc) for a couple of other suppliers too. (I am not sure if they still do). The 45cc sold as an RCGF unit has had a lot of updates to it over the past year to improve the power (including the change to rear induction) but the bolt pattern and port outlet have remained the same. Rumor has it that there is a new and more powerful model coming to the "60 - 70cc" part of the range (Watch this space)

The standard mufflers do in fact suit many customers They are quite good quality but that rising ground can be a real problem (I have plenty of personal experience with that one).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.