Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 230 of 253 FirstFirst ... 130180220228229230231232240 ... LastLast
Results 5,726 to 5,750 of 6315

Thread: RCGF Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCGF Engines

Hey WBG,

That all looks very good. I am sorry that I did not share this with you guys before. I use a piece of aluminum plate to build the holder because the wood will allow the front bolts to come loose on your engine. I can't wait to see the finished plane!!

Captmicom
    Captmicom...
    RCGF Service Certer*RCGF USA*Southwest AeroVista Hobbies*Team AV Pro*520-732-2200

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: airtime82

How can you tell if the engine you have is in timing when you get it?
    If you got it through a decent dealer, it will have been checked. If you didn't get it through those means.
    Check that it is firing somehwere between 25 - 30 degrees BTDC. (28 is ideal but a couple of degrees either way is not going to make one iota of difference to the final outcome).

For a quick and dirty test

Find TDC by looking at the piston through the exhaust port. - mark a pencil line across the prop hub and the crankcase at this point.

Method one for finding the right firing point
    Get a strip of paper and wrap it around the prop hub. Cut it so it is exactly the length of the hub circumference.
    Get that piece of paper and cut it in half - discard one half.
    Get the piece you kept and cut it in half again - discard one half.
    Get the reamianing piece and cut it into a 1/3 length - discard the 2/3rds length.
    That last peice you kept is now ''30 degrees'' long. Make a mark from the exisiting mark on the hub to the length of that paper before TDC (to the left of the mark looking from the front of the engine.

Method 2 for finding the firing point.
    Measure the diameter of the prop hub and muliply it by 0.244 - that is the 28 degree length. use that measurement to amke the BTDC mark.

Now power up the ignition, and listen to the spark plug cap - it will make a ''crack'' noise when it fires. Do it slowly and don't overdo it. There is no need to have a spark plug in there for this test as the occassional use of it this way woun't hurt a thing.

Now you will most likely have discovered that the timing is way out - go dril some new mounting holes for the sensor screws or start filing the senso slots to get the sensor to the right place as my experience has been they are either close enough or a long way out.
    O-No-Not the paper thing again,works LOL
    BC(AMA 2500).

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cap, yeah I thought of that. I used quality aircraft ply. I plan on also using some flat washers and some blue locktight. I though about aluminum or even steal, but, the thought of that wire rubbing against the metal just sent chills through my body lol. I think they will be ok. Not much different than the bolts that go through the firewall if its done right, I think it will hold up. If not, can always change fairly easy in the future. Thanks for sharing your idea though.

Ill keep you posted Going to start putting the thing all together next week. Have all the sub structures finished.
    Spitfire Brotherhood member #23

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WBG,

I can't wait to see it!!
    Captmicom...
    RCGF Service Certer*RCGF USA*Southwest AeroVista Hobbies*Team AV Pro*520-732-2200

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: WindGap

I've seen them post the 40cc twin now.
    http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...9&pid=F3693948

And video is alread posted online.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYPascJ62aQ

I'm truly interested in this engine...it's performance and reliability. Now to find an airframe for it....
    Yea it looks like RCGF has been reading the forum. There was a thread a while back with a few of us begging someone to make a 40cc twin. This is a great candidate for the ESM 70" warbirds with round cowls.
    Blake

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Blake,

Not sure it will fit in the 70" planes because of the plug angle. Plug hole to plug hole is 7.5” plus two times 5/8” for the plugs and CDI caps comes out to 8.75” might be a good fit for one of the 85” war birds though.

Captmicom
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Captmicom

Hey Blake,

Not sure it will fit in the 70'' planes because of the plug angle. Plug hole to plug hole is 7.5” plus two times 5/8” for the plugs and CDI caps comes out to 8.75” might be a good fit for one of the 85” war birds though.

Captmicom
    That is unfortunate. For me, a 40cc twin isn't a good candidate for an 85" warbird. Their 50cc twin would be a better choice considering the 8" OD and angled plugs.
    Blake

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone has an opinion about putting the twinn 40cc in a Top-Flite Stinson Reliant?

Thanks!
    Marc-Antoine

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup it would look good too!! I started asking RCGF for a twin 40cc, a twin 30cc, a twin 12xcc, and a twin 180cc about two years ago give or take. We will need to see how the 40cc sells before a 30cc comes along is my guess.

Captmicom
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you are talking the 108" model it would be a good combo. Just need to make sure that it will fit.

Captmicom
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes that model.

Cowling is 9 3/4 (prolly more 9 1/4 where the cylinders would be) . Engine is 200mm wide (7" 7/8) from base of spark plug to base of spark plug.
    Marc-Antoine

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Captmicom

Hey Blake,

Not sure it will fit in the 70'' planes because of the plug angle. Plug hole to plug hole is 7.5” plus two times 5/8” for the plugs and CDI caps comes out to 8.75” might be a good fit for one of the 85” war birds though.

Captmicom
    U sure caps and plugs are simply 5/8"x2 more? Is there a trick to shorten the overall width as possible to fit it into planes designed for 30cc?

Guess, the biggest question is, which planes will this engine fit in? Aerobatic planes, I can only think of EF 78" extra or great planes yak 54 3d. What else?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Windgap,

That is the $64,000.00 question. I just measured one of our 30cc/26% YAK54s and the cowl at the fuse is 8.75” wide. I did re-measure the top of a 20cc “oops!!” It is 1.25” not 5/8”. I am very sorry for the FUBAR. The 5/8” is for the angle plug clearance. Anyway it will most likely whined up being used in scale apps is my guess.

Captmicom
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got a preview of the 40cc twin. This is what I'm going to put in my new Waco. Should sound good with pitts mufflers as well. Hope BP don't mind my posting it. They said it would be on their site tomorrow. Enjoy
    Robert
    Cub Brotherhood #3\\ Ryan STA Brotherhood #4
    Corsair Brotherhood #56\\ Waco Brotherhood #184

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is what my bata unit looked like. There have been some changes for sure. I have tryed to post two photos so here goes!!

Captmicom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ig11219.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	111.6 KB 
ID:	1693637   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aw70189.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	75.6 KB 
ID:	1693638  
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

One more thing, for some reason the mufflers don't look right. I can't put my finger on it.
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes I tried to picture the mufflers swaping sides and/ or turning them around ,but to no avail. UMMMMM [:@]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how about only 1 bolt holding each one on lol. Unless its well hidden somewhere I dont see. I also think they should have staggard them so the stacks line up equally across from each other. Just my view

WBG
    Spitfire Brotherhood member #23

Hmmm, Its a little too wide across the spark plug caps to fit into my BH FW 190..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Wild Man the shafts finally got here yesterday. PM me your mail address and I will get it out to you ASAP! BTW they are 9.95mm so there must be more then one place making them.

Captmicom
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The other one is inside the down pipe that way when it falls out it makes a cool sound before exiting the aircraft.

Captmicom
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yea the pipes kinda suck, but I never use stock one's anyway. Would have new one's made with the headers coming into one muffler.
    Robert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Steve pointed out the problem. One of them is backwards. The pipes should not stick out past the firewall.

Captmicom
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That is very odd. They could have used the same muffler for both sides and it would have been just as close. All that did was add extra time and money to modify an extra muffler.
    I looked at the muffler again and I believe it is installed backwards. If turned around it wouldn't interfere with the firewall.
    Blake

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If I'm not mistaken that plate is in place of the dog ear's, which is better and it still require's stand-off's. Which according to their website stand-off's come with it.
    Robert