Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 232 of 252 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,800 of 6296

Thread: RCGF Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCGF Engines

Hey Guys,

Good call on the plane Ahicks. We sell the fire out of the 26% Gold Wing 30cc size planes. Those are planes in the 72” to 76” wing span range. My personal experience with the RCGF 26cc in planes this size is the 26cc has more than enough power to fly the plane and do scale aerobatics. While the RCGF 26cc engine can do the 3D in the 26% size planes it has to work harder to do it. Most of the guys flying 3D will step up to the 32cc engines power increase to put the plane over the top. The RCGF 32cc engine does not have to work as hard to do the 3D maneuvers and there is extra power to get you out trouble if you need it.That is my two cents for what its worth.

Captmicom
    Captmicom...
    RCGF Service Certer USA*Southwest AeroVista Hobbies*Team AV Pro-(We sponsor IMAC Kids)*520-508-7371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Captmicom

Hey Guys,

Good call on the plane Ahicks. We sell the fire out of the 26% Gold Wing 30cc size planes. Those are planes in the 72” to 76” wing span range. My personal experience with the RCGF 26cc in planes this size is the 26cc has more than enough power to fly the plane and do scale aerobatics. While the RCGF 26cc engine can do the 3D in the 26% size planes it has to work harder to do it. Most of the guys flying 3D will step up to the 32cc engines power increase to put the plane over the top. The RCGF 32cc engine does not have to work as hard to do the 3D maneuvers and there is extra power to get you out trouble if you need it.That is my two cents for what its worth.

Captmicom

I had an 26cc RCGF in a 10 lb Funtana, so I know about what to expect. There were no DLE 30's or RCGF 32's available at the time - so I thought it flew great! Certainly no trouble pulling out of a hover. Now though, I'm in total agreement with you. Especially if you don't already have an engine and are buying one for the purpose. 32cc on power to weight, or bucks spent for bang received, works out to be a much better plan.... Awesome how far we've come in just a couple of years!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

To anyone who has the 20cc beam mount. Could I get a measurement from the front of the mount to the rear of the carb.
    Thank's
    Robert
    Cub Brotherhood #3\\ Ryan STA Brotherhood #4
    Corsair Brotherhood #56\\ Waco Brotherhood #184

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Rob,

From the front of the beam itself to just beyond the butterfly is 3 3/8” I would go to 3 ½” for air clearance. From the front of the prop hub to just beyond the butterfly is 5 3/8” again I would go to 5 ½” for the air clearance.

Captmicom
    Captmicom...
    RCGF Service Certer USA*Southwest AeroVista Hobbies*Team AV Pro-(We sponsor IMAC Kids)*520-508-7371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thank you!
    Robert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You Are welcome!
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You Are welcome!
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahicks

ORIGINAL: yurdakut

dear friends I m trying to read this thread as fast as I can do..so if this was answered before sorry for your time...I m planning to make seagull edge 540-60+rcgf gas engine.. so its weight is 8.4-8.8 lbs(3.8-4 kg) including engine and all accesories flying weight is almost 10 lbs(5 kg)..I wanna fly 3D should I buy rcgf 20 cc?26 cc?or 30 cc?? as far as I know 20 cc is not enough but on the other hand 30 cc will be too heavy wht about the 26 cc I need your experinences, informations and advices..thank you for your interest..
    If you are looking to do/learn 3D, I would find another plane. At 750 sq. in. of wing area and 10lbs, it would be way low on wing area. Something that weight needs to have 950 minimum, or better yet over 1000 sq in. It might make a decent sport plane, but you will have to keep your air speeds up, and it may snap a little too easily?

Backing off to something the weight of a DLE 20 will save you 8 oz. That would be a step in the right direction, but still not to the point where you'll be able to do much in the way of those maneuvers where the plane really has to ''float''.

If you just want something that might hover, you might be OK? My opinion, FWIW.
    first of all thank you..which plane do you offer me?for example I m flying about 7-8 months with profile katana 46 61 magnum..I m flying not completely 3D but I m forwarding day by day..so I thought extra 260/90, extra 300 s and edge 540/60 I like edge..I have many modeller friends in other cities flying with rcgf and they are happy with them but as I wrote up seagull edge is close 10 lbs(5 kg) as a result of this I m confused..I read seGULL edge 540/60+dle 20 combo in other forums and they are happy..I want to know which is better rcgf 20 cc or 26 cc?or which combo do you offer?on the other hand in other forums som pilots think that 26 cc class is not cost/force/torque effective its not so stronger that seems..I hope I could explain wht I mean..thank you again..
    Here is a sample of what I'm thinking of when considering something that might work well for a 26cc powered 3D plane. Please don't focus on this plane only as there are more like it built by other manyfacturers and sold by different suppliers. The H9 Funtana would be another example that just came to me.

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items...-030V3BAF.html

Wingspan 75.2"(1910mm)
    Length 73"(1860mm)
    Wing Area 1026sq in(66.2sq dm)
    Flying Weight 9.7-11lbs(4400g-5000g)

Regarding an RCGF 20cc, it would be a similar plane, just scaled down. 750 sq in is still on the small side if the plane weighs 10lbs. It would have to weigh something closer to 8lbs for that amount of wing area? Large 1.20 size planes, in the 8-10 lb class would be what you're looking for. The Funtana specifications actually work here as well.... though it would be on the larger side.

Not intending to say the plane you provided doesn't fly well. Saying it's not a good example of a 3D plane...
    ahicks do you mean "not a good example of a 3D plane"switching to gas engine model instead of nitro designed model?or different brand and you dont like seagull?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guys,

Captmicom
    Captmicom if I m not wrong you mean rcgf 26 cc is not as much as strong like 32 cc?I understand like that wht I wrote up..thank you

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ahicks do you mean ''not a good example of a 3D plane''switching to gas engine model instead of nitro designed model?or different brand and you dont like seagull?

There's nothing wrong with Seagull models. That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the plane you've chosen will not work as well as others you could choose from. The weight of the gas engine is too much for that airframe (20 or 26cc) - if you are looking for good 3D performance.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

yurdakut,
    Want an airframe well suited for a 20cc and more than capable of 3D go here  http://www.swanyshouse.com/primo60/primo60.aspx.
    That will do anything you can tell it to. And if your like me it's capable of more than we are. A 20cc or 26cc is ample power.
    Robert

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ahicks do you mean ''not a good example of a 3D plane''switching to gas engine model instead of nitro designed model?or different brand and you dont like seagull?

There's nothing wrong with Seagull models. That's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the plane you've chosen will not work as well as others you could choose from. The weight of the gas engine is too much for that airframe (20 or 26cc) - if you are looking for good 3D performance.
    ahicks, that s why I asked your opinions..I have examined your offer but its over my budget besides shipping and custom payments also come with it..on the other hand its necessary to have 1.25 or 1.5 times more thrust according to its weight for a plane for performing 3D maneuvers..if I m wrong please correct me...I mean if a plane has 5 lbs(ready to fly including engine) weight the engine you will install on it must have a 7.5 or 8 lbs thrust for 3D..so seagull edge 540 60 is 5 lbs rcgf 20 cc is enough?should I choose a different plane more light than edge like acerc's offer..primo 60 was in my in my choices but I dont like building very much so I have chosen ARF..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ahicks, that s why I asked your opinions..I have examined your offer but its over my budget besides shipping and custom payments also come with it..on the other hand its necessary to have 1.25 or 1.5 times more thrust according to its weight for a plane for performing 3D maneuvers..if I m wrong please correct me...I mean if a plane has 5 lbs(ready to fly including engine) weight the engine you will install on it must have a 7.5 or 8 lbs thrust for 3D..so seagull edge 540 60 is 5 lbs rcgf 20 cc is enough?should I choose a different plane more light than edge like acerc's offer..primo 60 was in my in my choices but I dont like building very much so I have chosen ARF..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There needs to be a 3rd factor entered into your thinking - in addition to power and weight - you need to consider wing area? You HAVE to take into account all 3 of these factors in order to predict the flying characteristics of a given airframe.

I'd go into this further but we have wandered WAY off the intended topic. Please PM if you would like to continue. Thanks, -Al

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The rcg 20cc beam mount is more powerfull than my crrc pro 26i v1, was spinning the same prop 800rpmfaster!. Replaced the carb on the crrc prowith a dle 30 carbas the venturi with the wt 793 was to small (9.5mm) and got it to 7800 rpm with a jxf 17 7 STILL 400 hundred rpm down on the rcg 20!

Both are set at 28 degrees and using the same fuel.

Great engine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dear friends, I have bought a RCGF 20 cc engine brand new from  HK....this thread is on 229 th page..so I need your help..if you know can you tell me which page I can find break in procedure?or can I learn your experinces advices for break in?I have 16x6 and 17x6 props and stock MF4 spark plug.manual is very short and I could not see any break in procedure..thank you for your interests and time.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Regarding break in, just avoid letting it get too hot, and don't run it wide open for more than a few seconds until you get some time built up with it. Other than that, install it, get it running predictably through tuning, and go fly it! That assures good airflow around it. Mine seems to be doing a nice job with an APC 17x6. You might want to have an extra spark plug on hand. If so, arrange to get an NGK CM-6. They're quite a bit more predictable than the plugs supplied as OEM from the Chinese manfs. I would switch to one of those right away and keep the OEM plug for a back up.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hate to bear the bad news..... But you did not buy an RCGF what you bought is a counterfeit. I would almost be willing to bet you the cost of the engine, it shows up in a white box and it will not have any RCGF markings on it anywhere. RCGF did what ever they had to in order to get HK to stop calling there engines RCGF. HK now calls them RCG. Keep us posted when it shows up at your local.

Thanx,

Captmicom
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I hate to bear the bad news..... But you did not buy an RCGF what you bought is a counterfeit. I would almost be willing to bet you the cost of the engine, it shows up in a white box and it will not have any RCGF markings on it anywhere. RCGF did what ever they had to in order to get HK to stop calling there engines RCGF. HK now calls them RCG. Keep us posted when it shows up at your local.

Thanx,

Captmicom
    Bad News? Counterfeit? REALLY? Oh please...
    I went through this same kind of kind of thing when I bought an Aerovate/RCGF 26cc, paying top dollar for it. That's not going to happen again. My new (arrived 2 weeks ago) 20cc rail mount engine was also purchased through HK, and the box is marked "Made by RCGF Models". I could care less what HK calls it. I've had it apart, everything appears to be in order, and it runs great.

This is not intended to be taken as a personal attack. I know you know what you're doing, and provide great support, but not everyone can use, or needs that. Let's not condemn them by trying to convince them they've purchased junk. Your service/support should sell itself without that kind of thing going on?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No affiance taken. Yes Your Aerovate was a rebox from RCGF and you did pay top dollar for it. I wasn’t trying to start anything just buyer beware. I have had three cases in the last 6 months that came from HK. The compay denied they made them. If you don’t have a valid RCGF serial number then the company will not pay for warranty service. I am only the messanger passing along the info....

Captmicom

Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No affiance taken. Yes Your Aerovate was a rebox from RCGF and you did pay top dollar for it. I wasn’t trying to start anything just buyer beware. I have had three cases in the last 6 months that came from HK. The compay denied they made them. If you don’t have a valid RCGF serial number then the company will not pay for warranty service. I am only the messanger passing along the info....

Captmicom

So we're clear, I prefer to do all my own work, bought it on mostly an "as is" basis, knowing I would be responsible for servicing it myself. I would not send it back to China for service, though if it had come through all balled up inside/unusable, I would have made an attempt to get it replaced - through HK channels. If that didn't work out in my best interest, a call to my credit card company will take care of that pretty easily.

For others, if this type of arrangement doesn't suit you, if there is ANY chance you might want/need to send it out for service, you are way further ahead buying from somebody like Captmicom.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Joe
    Don't believe everything Ms Tsang tells you.
    When I was an RCGF distributor (Yes - factory direct, despite her later claims to others). The RCGF engines turned up in a number of locations under various brand names (Including the Hobbyking RCG's). She vehemently denied they came from them even though at that time, they arrived in RCGF packaging, with "RCGF" manuals (mostly written by the USA dealer of that time). When I ordered a few GRPro's from the local GRPro dealer (under a pseudonym - and just to see if what I was being told was true) and they also turned up in RCGF boxes with the same manuals, I had all the proof I needed. Shortly after that she refused to sell me spare parts and tried telling people that I was never an official distributor. The rest, as they say is history.

IF the "RCG's" are NOT RCGF's, then RCGF don't manufacture engines and must use "off the shelf" parts for everything because side by side they are absolutely identical including he machining marks and die marks on all components. (This is not a situation that is unique to RCGF - JC Engines and REV Engines is another example where the REV is made up of parts from 2 different engines that were supplied by JC.)

I am pretty sure that the reason Henry (the originator of them being sold under the "Aerovate" name) charged what he did was to cover his in house inspection and warranty costs.

I believe ahicks is totally correct. If you do your own work on an engine and are prepared to write off the cost if it turns sour - HK is a good choice. If you want superior local service in the USA - SW Aerovista (captmicom) is the best choice.
    3W, BME and DA all the way. Proven power, Proven reliability and Proven support equals much cheaper in the long term.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok Bro just watchin your back..... Even though you did not ask me to…. lol
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Steve...
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dear friends ahicks, captmicom, aussiesteve sorry I m late..I have seen that there is no any signature or trademark which means RCG or RCGF neither on the box nor on the engine..only "made by RCGF model" is written on the packgae box...so does it mean this is not rcgf/rcg?so as much as I understood and read about break in before, I will work the engine only for adjusting needles try not to heat and force too much..I will burn 1 tank on the ground after that I will fly and I will not fly it on WOT for a long in time...wht about oil preferences?synth for breaking in or non-synth?after breaking in ?thank you again