Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 235 of 252 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,875 of 6296

Thread: RCGF Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCGF Engines

ORIGINAL: oneaew@msn.com

i have a 15cc engine from them starts right away runs smooth very nice iam getting another one in may for my birthday ill be 80 then still going strong

GREAT!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that! It does happen from time to time.
    Captmicom...
    RCGF Service Certer USA*Southwest AeroVista Hobbies*Team AV Pro-(We sponsor IMAC Kids)*520-508-7371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

There's cheap and then there's throwing money away. I don't mind buying cheap as long as I can physically take it back.
    Good luck with those engine's.
    Robert
    Cub Brotherhood #3\\ Ryan STA Brotherhood #4
    Corsair Brotherhood #56\\ Waco Brotherhood #184

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

confused? you have a rcgf 15 and its the bees knees and you have a rcg 15 and its trash?. Is it the motor that is at fault or the customer service?.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: acerc

There's cheap and then there's throwing money away. I don't mind buying cheap as long as I can physically take it back.
    Good luck with those engine's.
    If it takes buying from a dealer offering good service to make an engine worth buying to you, if you're interested in one, why are you not considering buying from someone like Captmicom? He's repeatedly proven he's willing to work on them - even when he had nothing to do with their sale. Or have I missed your point?

Agree with what you're saying generally, but not when it comes to an RCGF engine. The engines have great power to weight ratios, and seem to hang right in there regarding durability. With at least 2 good dealers available to pick from, good parts availability, and even wholesale availability for those willing and capable of doing their own service, I think RCGF engines offer a pretty good deal! Among the best maybe? Certainly not throwing your money away anyway....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i have a rcg15cc gAS ENGINE IT CAME FROM HOBBY KING ON THE 3RD FLIP OF THE PROP IT FROOZE UP IT HAS BEEN 4 MONTHS NOW AND I CANT FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH IT WHAT A DEAL I THIK IAM OUT 162.00

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: oneaew@msn.com

i have a rcg15cc gAS ENGINE IT CAME FROM HOBBY KING ON THE 3RD FLIP OF THE PROP IT FROOZE UP IT HAS BEEN 4 MONTHS NOW AND I CANT FIND OUT WHAT THEY ARE DOING WITH IT WHAT A DEAL I THIK IAM OUT 162.00
    Your problem is with Hobby King, not RCGF. Any engine can have issues, new or otherwise, not just RCGF.

DID YOU USE A CREDIT CARD FOR THIS PURCHASE? IF SO CALL THEM. IF NOT, YOU SCREWED UP - ON A FEW DIFFERENT LEVELS!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ahicks, Serviceable dealers is what I meant. I have four RCGF's and one on the way. Other than the plug being no good and having to setthe timing, these are great engine's. But whom one buy's from can make all the difference in the world when something is wrong. On one of the 26cc's the thread on the prop shaft was cut bad. BP Hobbies sent me a new one and even covered the shipping, which I was not asking for I just called to verify which one on their site was the right one. I can and usually domy own repair's. But if I was to have one freeze up on the third flip, I would be inclined to return it. With HK that's not a viable option.
    Robert
    Cub Brotherhood #3\\ Ryan STA Brotherhood #4
    Corsair Brotherhood #56\\ Waco Brotherhood #184

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

acerc,

I agree. BP is the other good dealer I was refering to.

Guys expecting customer service from Hobby King, well they're gamblers, or about to get an education...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have the 15CC engine that runs like a top and just fired up my new 20CC. It started on the second flip! Love the RCGF engines! I bought a 17CC made by a different manufacturer. Couldn't get it to run worth a damn and then it blew a hole in the crankcase. Stick with the RCGF's!
    President of Mini Cat Racing USA
    Manufacturer of Fast Electric Boats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

THE ENGINE I BOUGHT IS FROM HOBBY KING IT IS A 15CC [RCG] NOT RCGF AND THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY DID NOT DO ANY THING FOR ME I DO HAVE A RCGF 15CC ALSO FROM BP HOBBIES RUNS VERY GOOD > BUT HOBBY KING HAS HAD THE ENGINE FOR4 MONTHS AND NO WORD ON IT ANY AIRPANE FLYER CAN TAKE A ENGINE APART IN 5 MIN. AND SEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT

Don't feel too picked on.. We have all messed up like that at least once.... [&o] When you are ready for another RCGF just give BP or me a call we got your back..

Captmicom
    Captmicom...
    RCGF Service Certer USA*Southwest AeroVista Hobbies*Team AV Pro-(We sponsor IMAC Kids)*520-508-7371

I agree with Capmitcom.

Gregg

Gregg P

BP Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just bought the twin 50CC, it looks good, look forward to firing it soon.  I agree dealer is the issue.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: ahicks
    Guys expecting customer service from Hobby King, well they're gamblers, or about to get an education...
    That's the way you have to look at buying from HK. It may work out, it may not.

For me, I've been pretty lucky with HK, but I always understand that when buying at HK, I am operating under the old adage, "You pays your money, you takes your chances!"
    The FAA is nothing more than a carbuncle on the ass of progress and has set aviation back at least 20 years - William "Bill" P. Lear, of Lear Jet fame

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I was not sucessful in figuring out why my RCGF 45 engine would not run well. I finally gave up and sent it into Joe Nelso for a lookie loo. Maybe he can sort out the problem.

I will do my best to make it spit fire again.....! [8D]

Captmicom...

Sounds like the crankcase is leaking air. The best thing to do is dissasemble the engine and put it back together with good RTV.

Gregg P

BP Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What prop(s) are suggested for the RCGF 20CC? BP Hobbies site gives a rediculous range! 15x6, 16x6, 17x8, 18x8? Which do you feel would be best for engine longevity? I have the engine installed on a 58" bipe. Not sure of the weight but probably around 8 lbs.

Thanks!

That is what I am thinking too.... It's one of the older "Henry" 45s. I get it apart as soon as it gets here and get it fixed for him.
    Captmicom...

15x6 will give you 9500 rpm on the ground
    16x6 will give you 9000 rpm on the ground
    18x8 should give you about 7600 to maybe 8000 on the ground depending on the prop.

It is all about whant you want to do with the engine. It is best for the life and performance of the engine to prop it so you don't go much over 9500 rpm unloaded in the air. You can usually count on the engine unloading between 500 to 1000 rpm once it gets in the air again depending on the prop you put on it (i.e. Xoar, Zinger, Master Air screw and so on). I hope this helps some.

[8D]
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Captmicom

15x6 will give you 9500 rpm on the ground
    16x6 will give you 9000 rpm on the ground
    18x8 should give you about 7600 to maybe 8000 on the ground depending on the prop.

It is all about whant you want to do with the engine. It is best for the life and performance of the engine to prop it so you don't go much over 9500 rpm unloaded in the air. You can usually count on the engine unloading between 500 to 1000 rpm once it gets in the air again depending on the prop you put on it (i.e. Xoar, Zinger, Master Air screw and so on). I hope this helps some.

[8D]

Thanks! Great info. Much appreciated. Do you have a website? I checked your profile but the site listed there is 404 not found.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If its the latest 20cc the xoar 17 6 wooden prop gives the best performance with that engine, you should get between 8200 and 8400 with that prop static, bringing the engine right into its power band.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Great! Thanks for that info

Sorry about the web site.... I put the http:// on and the blog was putting it on too.
    Captmicom...