Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 237 of 249 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,925 of 6222

Thread: RCGF Engines

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: RCGF Engines

Not that it makes that much difference on a test stand, but the "black crap" is generally thrown out from the muffler located 180 degrees from the way yours is? That get the residue out far enough where the prop does a much better job of keeping it off the engine/plane.

I'm curious though. Was there anything supplied with that engine stating specifically what size it is? Is there a possibility it could be the newer 32cc? -Al

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

dark residue is normal for quite some time until the engine is broken in. I have a 26 or 28cc rcgf engine and it seems to run fine, No worries. Just don't EVER buy an SV engine!@!
    President of Mini Cat Racing USA
    Manufacturer of Fast Electric Boats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dear AHICKS,
    I wondered if it could be a 32cc but the only indications were the Hobby King product description, and the labeling on the box, both of which say it is a 30cc.

The RCGF web site differentiates in the warranty section between "local" resellers in China and authorized distributors like BP Hobbies. Apparently the engines manufactured for local sale do not carry the manufacturer's warranty and probably will not be the latest and greatest design. My best guess is that the engine is indeed an earlier design and is 30cc.

If I were purchasing again I would likely buy from Captmicom or BP Hobbies not so much for their service but because they probably receive a better grade of product. In any event I am satisfied with my engine and happy with its performance.
    Waco Brotherhood Member #110

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

the RCGF 32 is a 34 cc (you can calculate), the RCG from HK is a 30,5 cc. and there is a big difference in power.
    I use RCGF 32 on a F3A pattern :

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-z...2/P1030658.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-w...0/P1030656.JPG

stephane

Thought that you guys would like to see the 40cc twin running.[youtube]<iframe height="315" src="<a href=" embed="" www.youtube.com=" _fcksavedurl=" style="width: 525px; height: 321px">http://www.youtube.com/embed/80SdGHnpXBY?list=UU7Gp_uKt7Oag0rYScG2vxOg&hl=en_US" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen> [/youtube]
    Gregg P

BP Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gregg - awesome!!

Sorry for the screw up guys that is the 40cc twin . This is the 60cc twin. [youtube]<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/80SdGHnpXBY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
    Gregg P

BP Hobbies

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a RCGF 26cc from hobbyking. Put it on my esm 74" corsair rtf weight 17.lbs. Its flies perfect nice speed at 3/4 throttle and fast at full on a xoar 17x8 prop. Not a speed demon but plenty for the plane. this is my 2nd rcgf engine and am very pleased with it. will buy more in the future for upcoming planes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a RCGF 45 also, and its doing the sputtering and popping when you transciousion from idle to high throttle, usually just in mid range it starts. Have read this thread, and have put in a new
    BPMR6F plug like the book calls for, but I can not get the plug boot on to the plug, it acts like it is just too small for the bigger NGK plug. Do you have to change the plug boot when you go from the china plug to the NGK plug?? If so where do I get a new boot or can I replace it on the ignition system?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Marvin, the BPMR6F plug is a 5/8" plug so you would need a bigger boot for your ignition.
    From your description of the problem, it sounds to me like the low end is overly rich.
    Can I suggest you put in a CM-6 plug (this fits your ignition HW boot) and then lean out the low needle for smoothest low range and take it from there?
    The plug that came with included with the 45cc were never actual CM-6 plugs but Chinese copies of them

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks apalsson, I'll give that a try. Have to find some CM6 plugs first, NAPA doenst stock em here in town and have to order 10 to get em, dont think I need that many on hand. I'll have to try and pick some up somewhere.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Marvin,

If you have a NAPA auto parts you can also look and see is they might have any of these model numbers.

Denso #U20M-U ( This is a Great plug)
    AC Delco M8
    Champion Y82
    Motorcraft BT8

Any of these will be an NGK CM6 look alike....

Kind Regards,

[8D]

Captmicom...
    RCGF Service Certer USA*Southwest AeroVista Hobbies*Team AV Pro-(We sponsor IMAC Kids)*520-508-7371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

With the Denso plug probably the best one of the ones on the list

ORIGINAL: Captmicom

Hey Marvin,

If you have a NAPA auto parts you can also look and see is they might have any of these model numbers.

Denso #U20M-U ( This is a Great plug)
    AC Delco M8
    Champion Y82
    Motorcraft BT8

Any of these will be an NGK CM6 look alike....

Kind Regards,

[8D]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't forget the Honda folks. Good stuff. Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

O'Riley Autoparts will sale you one thay may have to order it but the price is cheeper than other places that you might buy more than one.
    nextofkin

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks guys, have tried any brands that they might handle, but wouldn't order or sell less that standard package. I'll give O'Relly a try have one a few miles away.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Lordy, lordy I found my problem!! The hall sensor lead that runs back up under the mount into the fuselage had come partially unplugged. I had the plastic keeper on the lead, but apparently was just enough slack that it was not plugged in tightly. Hope this might help some of you other guys with similar problems. I'm suprised that is would run at all, but apparently makeing enough contact to fire and then with vibration started breaking down.

Marv

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You can get CM 6 or a Desnso spark plug at Advanced Auto. Call ahead...if they do not have one they get them quick and at fair prices. I Even got a NGK ME8 1/4x32 sparkplug from them. They had to order it, but got it in 2 days. Regards Capt,n
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Om32627.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	90.2 KB 
ID:	1829036  
    I never met a engine I did not like !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I bought a RCGF 50 with rear carb from Raves.com. Left it in the box for about a year or so, because my damaged Wildhare Honda Sukhoi was not ready yet. After the repairs were done I installed the new RCGF 50 in her nose replacing my good old reliable DL-50. When I first fired up the motor it ran terribly. It sputtered and wouldn't respond to the throttle. I put another carb on it, same result. I started to think I bought me a piece of junk. Then I found out mt MPI- Miracle switch was causing ingniton problems by cutting off intermittently. After fixing that issue the motor ran fine. As a matter of fact, it runs better than my old DL-50 and has definitely more power. I am still breaking it in, but with every new tank I can feel the great power this motor has. So far I am very pleased with it considering what I paid for it. Unfortunately I cannot find this particular motor anymore on Rave's website. Only Hobbyking advertises it as a RCG 50. I wonder if this is the same motor, because it truely could be the DLE-killer, as they say.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If it is an RCGF 50cc engine it is at least 3+ years old. I have not been able to get a 50cc single from the factory for over three years now. I can't even get replacement parts for them.
    I have heard that there was some very old RCGF stock floating around but I can't verify that. What did the box it came in look like? Let me know and I can tell you what you have.
    Captmicom...
    RCGF Service Certer USA*Southwest AeroVista Hobbies*Team AV Pro-(We sponsor IMAC Kids)*520-508-7371

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=P5Ip61DQlt4

Thats a video taken today of my hobbyking RCG 50 with a xoar 23 8 carbon running slightly rich, only a gallon through her and I have not touched the needles since the second tank with another prop. The RCG 50 from hobbyking is actually a 55cc. It has the RCGF 55 crank, head and piston. Dont think she is a DLE beater but is not far off it.

Dont have a RCGF 55 but if I did I bet it would be a great motor.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I tried to upload a picture of my RCGF 50, but it gives me a "500-Internal Error" message. It is basically the same motor Hobbyking sells for $206.00. As I said, I bought it about a year ago from Rave's. It came in a blue box.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok if it was a blue box with the nose of a YAK-54 on one side and the 50cc engine on the other it is an RCGF 50cc. They made two models back in the day, if it is a cast case it would be an "A" model and if it was a CNC case it would be a "B" model.

Kind Regards,
    Captmicom...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's the one I have. Must be the A-model

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Picture didn't upload. Try again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nk28209.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	1835537   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zu66277.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	1835538