Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCGF Engines

Old 08-27-2008, 05:18 AM
bethevans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCGF Engines

i have 2 of the 50cc twins superb little motors!! im going to get the 150 next!!
Old 08-27-2008, 06:46 PM
aussiesteve

What airframe(s) are you running the twins in?
I have one in a Rearwin speedster (Kangke) - great match for it.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:49 PM
Whistling Death

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

Is "Whistling Death" a dealer of some sort of engine? I notice you are a "Trading Plus" member.
No I am just a prospective customer. The trading plus is because I have sold items on RCU.
Thanks for the answers on the engine similarities. It will help me in buying pitts style mufflers when needed.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:03 AM
aussiesteve

No worries mate
One thing that we (most of the RCGF dealers) Pride ourselves on is the information sharing that we do. This helps the customers - which in turn helps us. I think that the technical support and information available is excellent for these engines through the proper dealer network but we never stop trying to improve it - there is always room for improvement.

We are also proud to be able to offer local servicing (well at least all of the dealers I know offer that) for the product to minimise any downtime in the case of warranty or "plane touches the ground too fast" incidents

One of the things that I (and others) are working on at the moment is finding exactly which common "aftermarket" mufflers do fit the engines - as well as trying to find a suitable source of supply for good quality muffler options for them. We will keep you posted as the information comes to hand.

Old 08-28-2008, 12:29 AM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

In regards to the mufflers, some of our dealers in the US are working with small shops in getting a Pitts style muffler fitted to the engine line. More on this as it develops. Our standards are little higher too.

Our current muffler on the engines is a well build unit, when it is compared with some of the other pacific designs we see. The metal used is thicker and the welds are much cleaner. This is type of stuff that we are looking for here. Once we get the info, I will post it for you.

Cheers

Henry
Old 08-28-2008, 11:01 AM
johnnynb

Hi Guys,

This is Johnny from RCGF Factory. We are now working on developing the new mufflers.
We will try to offer the best quality engines to consumers.

Now we have improved all of our engines and there are more new items, they are now with better power and less weight. All of them will only be offered to our authorized distributors. If you need RCGF products ,please buy from our authorized distributors. So that you can get the good & long-term after service and also some special surprises.

If you need our newest authorized distributors list ,please contact us by : Ms Catherine [email protected] . She will service all customers friendly and patiently.

Thanks for the support from all RCGF authorized distributors. Hope that more and more people can join us, to be RCGF fans or supporter and dealer. We hope do the best.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:48 PM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

Hello piston,recieved my engine today and was very impressed with the packaging.Foam all around,foam in the middle to separate parts.Ive included some pics as i took it out of the box.My RCGF box also came inside another box.I dont have the total weight up yet as i have to put it together.Its going on a 73 inch cap232.Ill figure a rough weight later on.Heres an answer to one of the big questions also.One of my pitts style mufflers i bought from horizon hobby for the G23-26 bolts right on with no problem.When you tighten the bolts down you have to alternate back and forth a couple turns at a time because there snug.Or drill them out .0001 just to give a little more clerance.All in all so far it looks really good and when i last talked to rcign he thought it was a nice engine inside and out.That was also a deciding factor.It also comes with a resister plug.At least theres an R in the number.I do a lot of conversion engines and sell them and actually im pretty impressed with this engine so far.Almost forgot,this comes with a warranty card for the buyer and seller and a manual on setup,flying,prop,even How To Adjust Your Carb[this could keep the forums cleared up of some space].
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay73815.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	1021969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31830.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	1021970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72006.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1021971   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr47800.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1021972  
Old 08-29-2008, 11:04 PM
rodney tanner

.One of my pitts style mufflers i bought from horizon hobby for the G23-26 bolts right on with no problem
Just curious. How will you get at the mixture needles with a pitts muffler installed?
Old 08-30-2008, 12:22 AM
buck1856

With a pitts muffler it would be no problem since it bolts to the side of the engine.The bolts would be right out in the open.Are you talking about a rear dump muffler where it would be over the needles,or just barley over the needles?A few ways to adjust them then would be to use an offset screwdriver,the ponit is at a 90 degree bend like an elbow.The other way would be to use a carb adjusting tool used for cars.They have an end on the end of a flex shaft like spring.You could just grind it flat like a flat blade screw driver.The easiest would be to use an offset screwdriver with the cowl off.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Scoubidou
My Feedback: (17)

Setting the needle valves could be a real pain when the engine is mounted inverted. Could we rotate the carb 90 degres?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:39 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Error. Confused GR Pro with CRCC Pro. Sorry.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:27 AM
tomyrcmodels

CRRC cloned RCGF ? nevey hear before
Old 08-30-2008, 08:48 AM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Bob

The engine in question was a GRPRO not the CRRC Pro. CRRC produces their own engines.

In one particular circumstance the distributors of the RCGF Engine were shocked and surprised to see an engine that was on the GRPRO website, that was identical.... I will repeat....identical.....to an engine that RCGF was developing. In fact, the distributors and dealers only had a couple of pictures of the new engine, and the picture we had was the one that was on that site. None of us could even get the engine from the factory because it they were finishing up its design! And here it was for sale...to anyone who would want to buy it, being sold not as an RCGF but as a GRPRO engine. The angst among us was a little high as one could imagine. The image was removed a little while later from the website. Our factory told us that this engine would not be in production for another month or so. Therefore, anyone who was considering the engine from the other site would be told it was backordered, I guess. Of that process, I am speculating. They are now selling their version of that engine. I do not know or care where it is being made. Just that it is not being sold under another banner as an OEM.

Here are some scenarios on how the cloning/copying system works. (I am only talking about in Asia). Nothing is "stolen", that word is much too American wild west talk.

1. If you like a particular item.... call it a widget. It is easy to go to various shops that manufacture items similar to the widget. Theses shops will study the widget and then provide a quotation to build a similar looking widget for you for an agreed price. Though the widget may be similar or even look identical it may not contain the same materials or be built to the same quality standards. You will, though, have a "good" looking widget.

example - faux Rolex watches, faux Guicci bags.

2. If you like a particular widget, you go through a third person and that third person buys large quantity of widgets from the OEM. Based on quantities, this widget can bear any name you wish to attach. The OEM will even build their own product to YOUR specs, as long as you do not put THEIR name on it. Trading company's do a lot of this.

3. If you like a particular widget you can put it in your store and have these sold as "pre-orders" and then drop ship them. You may even be tempted to put your badge on them, or anyone else's if you wish.

4. If you manufacturer a similar widget, you can purchase another's widget and simply break down the specs and apply them to your own build. Add some "lipstick" and you have a marketable item that looks somewhat, a little, maybe but not quite, like the original one that was bought. Notice I do not mention anything about the quality or the engineering involved.

5. Some widget makers (the OEM's) also make widgets that are specifically designed for a specific market and territory. These widgets may have the same dimensional specs as their original, but be manufactured to standards that are particular to that area. This will bring the price of that specifically made widget to a price level that would be marketable in that very specific area. They OEM will never sell this particular item outside of the specific area. That said, anybody can buy that item from the OEM, in wholesale quantities. The OEM will then tell the 3rd person buying these specific widgets that they cannot sell them outside that specific area. The 3rd person obliges, but sells this to a 4th person, who does not have the same conditions for sale. These widgets then end up being sold outside the specific area.... for example.. the USA/Europe/Canada etcetcetc. They will sell these through a variety of avenues - for example ebay. All legitimate transactions too!

So now a consumer sees a widget that should cost lots more, for sale on these various avenues. That widget is identical and even has the same name as the brand that he wants, so he buys the widget. The widget arrives and the consumer happily uses it, until he discovers that the widget has broken down, and that the seller is now where to be found. The consumer calls the OEM for service, but the OEM has no knowledge of the sale or even paperwork that it was sold new. The consumer is angry (and rightly so!!!), and the Company is branded as one that cannot be trusted (unfair of course).

Bob... there are engines ( I am now talking in general and this means ALL types of engines) being sold that are OEM, that is to say, they are built by a factory and sold through distributors and dealers. And there are engines that are sold through Trading Company's, and made by contract shops. Alibaba has many of these listed.

As long as a consumer knows the difference between the two, then they can make an informed decision based upon what is right for them. I get peeved when those lines blur.

The RCGF factory made a major manufacturing decision to change their entire engine line up primarily for technological reasons - more power, lighter weight, best in class quality standards, etc. They have brought to market a fantastic family of engine products (the largest selection of cc gas 2 stroke engines in the marketplace now!) that are based upon similar engineering and design principles applied to each product they manufacture.

Their other reason was to differentiate themselves from other engine company's, to have a design that was theirs and theirs alone, and that will be difficult to copy (not impossible though).

I hope that I have answered your query.

Henry
[link=http://www.zrcgf.com]RCGF Engines - North America[/link]

Old 08-30-2008, 08:53 AM
Bob Pastorello

Thanks, I'm sorry I mis-identified my confused alliteration of acronyms.... hope no harm done, and have already edited my post.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:33 PM
buck1856

Looking at my motor and you can see in the pic of mine the needles are facing pointing towards the spark plug.When the engine is inverted the needles point straight down,this is very easy to adjust since your going to have a big exit hole on the bottom of your cowl anyway.[unless you use a vent to produce a low air pressure space].This is for a pitts style muffler.Same goes for a wraparound,youlll have to use an offset scredriver,turn the engine off,flip plane over,adjust.
It would be tricky to turn the carb the way the intake manifold is desighned.If ya look at my pic you might see it.If ya rotate the carb 90*[where is the degree asterick on a keyboard]youll see that the bolts are 1.5 inches apart measured from the outside of the shoulders.The manifold is 1.5 from corner to corner if youd try to rotate it.If it did,there would not be enough meat to hold.I would suggest either a header and tuned pipe or canister instead of a wraparound anyway[thats what im going to do].Im going to make a bud bottle setup and run it.Ill post my results but it will be a little while until the engine is broke in a little first.Im going to make a tuned pipe and canister.First i have to make a header.
Now a wraparound would work but im not sure if a stock G23-26 will work because of the rear carb.Dont Go And Buy one and then say i said it would work.Im talking to a person to see if he can make a wraparound for our engines at a fair price and make it beefier than the chinese ones.
The only other way for somone to make everything perfect for them selves would be to make a new intake manifold,It would just be a large square block,1/2 inch thick.It wouldnt need to look fancy like the one on my engine.Youd have to recess the manifold bolts just under the top so the carb would sit flush.This way you could rotate it anywhere you wanted it to.Since this also uses a remote pulse line,no problems.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:13 PM
skip1320

Ordered the 50cc from Henry monday mounted it thursdayand got 7770 w/xoar 21/8 running little rich for breakin on friday,great deal so far!
Old 08-31-2008, 02:15 PM
plasticman
My Feedback: (97)

Here is the 50cc RCGF mounted on a prototype plane for Ohio Model Planes (80" Fusion). This is a scratch build and was originally powered by a 26cc with pipe. Had good performance then but now it is just scary. This plane was rebuilt after a wing came loose in-flight. The plane is still very light flying as it only picked up a few ounces from the previous version and vibration is really low. This thing will be a blast to huck-around.

The prop is a Xoar, 3-blade 20x8 and was chosen due to clearance issues. I think it looks good on the plane and it makes for very quite operation. Its great to see this plane flying again as I thought I may never rebuild it from its disastrous wreck.

Anyways, the RCGF appears to be a very good engine: reliable, easy starting, and smooth throttle transition. If it gets better with time it will be great!

David.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88648.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	1023092   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75761.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	148.4 KB
ID:	1023093   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72123.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	1023094   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv59134.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	156.2 KB
ID:	1023095  
Old 08-31-2008, 03:53 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

plasticman,

Is that prototype plane for Ohio Model Planes (80" Fusion) going to be coming out any time soon? Looks pretty cool, what are the specs?
Old 08-31-2008, 07:16 PM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

yeah, that looks to be a very fun plane, and with that engine on there I bet it's bananas in the air! Great building skillz I see....
Old 08-31-2008, 11:04 PM
plasticman

Guys,

I don't think that OMP has intentions of providing a hybrid (semi-fuse) 80" Fusion. They do have the 80" inch traditional profile in kit form available now. There is several that would like to power that slab/profile with gas and I know Mike P. is working on a mount. If you have ever flown a Fusion you are in for a real treat. I fly (and have flown) many planes in the 1.60 to 50cc class and the 80"-inch Fusion is one of the best at 3D and pattern aerobatics.

I never thought it would be hard to adapt a profile to a gas motor. This 50cc that Henry sells could be a real good combo. I need some more flight time on it to make any real determinations.

David.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:46 AM
Bob Pastorello

plasticman - where did you buy the three blade Xoar ?
Old 09-01-2008, 08:54 AM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to mount an gas engine to a profile also. It would be a nice money saver and easy starting for me... It wouldn't be so hard, but you would have to modify the front end of the profile in order to fit the engine recessed on the front so that the CG won't be thrown off as much. I think if you fitted one of the 20-26cc engines on the smaller 90-120 size ARF fusions with the 67in span, or the Yak with the 65" span they would fly great with a little aft weight.

They also have the 92" edge 540 Hybrid kit... for the 50-70cc class engine, I'm just not a kit person... I fly to hard I don't want to see my hard work in pieces on the ground!

T.J.
Old 09-01-2008, 07:24 PM
skip1320

Up ot 40 0z of klotz 32to1 w/ Xoar 21/8 on 50cc,7830 rpm steady all day,will be using 22/8 22/10 soon. thanks Henry!
Old 09-01-2008, 07:27 PM
plasticman

Bob,

We cross paths again. Good to see you still lurking here on the site like me. That 3-blade came from gravesrc.com. I think they had one left in the 20x8 size. Nice prop! I always hear that you lose some thrust with a 3-blade, but I would have to say that is minimal. They are definitely quite. The RCGF and this 3-blade will hover the Fusion at 1/4 throttle. The climb out is just

David
Old 09-01-2008, 07:32 PM
plasticman

ORIGINAL: T3beatz

yeah, I've been trying to figure out how to mount an gas engine to a profile also. It would be a nice money saver and easy starting for me... It wouldn't be so hard, but you would have to modify the front end of the profile in order to fit the engine recessed on the front so that the CG won't be thrown off as much. I think if you fitted one of the 20-26cc engines on the smaller 90-120 size ARF fusions with the 67in span, or the Yak with the 65" span they would fly great with a little aft weight.

They also have the 92" edge 540 Hybrid kit... for the 50-70cc class engine, I'm just not a kit person... I fly to hard I don't want to see my hard work in pieces on the ground!

T.J.
T.J.

The easy way to do this is to find a engine that is rail mount but that limits the choices for gas. I was talking to John Drake, owner of OMP, earlier today and we were discussing a mount for the profiles to allow stand-off style engines to mount. I think he understands there is genuine interest. Hang-in-there and perhaps it will become available.

If you want to get some ideas on how to do this to a profile, take a look at page 19 of this manual for the profile Talon: http://www.goldeneagleaircraft.com/f1-p-manual2.pdf

David.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.