Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCGF Engines

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Mikola

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Captmicom
The new 10cc BM carb version that you are referring to was what we wanted the little engine to be in the beginning.
A carb is very hard to miniaturize after a point so it took a little longer to get it done.
LMAO so you admit RCGF want us to keep buying every new version rather than waiting and release the final version from day one...
Old 11-29-2015, 07:15 PM
Bcolici

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer the chokeless version on the 10cc. One less thing to worry about hooking up.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Captmicom

Mikola....

LMAO Really!! Is that the best you can come up with.. Unlike "NGH" and some of the other engine companies, RCGF has been developing high quality, very reliable gas engines for the gas engine market place for over 11 years. We do not try to recycle old out dated engine technology. We bring new innovation to the market in order to give our customers what they want. We will also strive to make improvements to any of our engine designs whenever we can.. The new carb version of the 10ccBM is one of those improvements.. Some of our customers will prefer the slide carb and pump while others will prefer the regular carb. I guess the point is RCGF can give them the option.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:30 AM
DaleD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you for all you have shared. GREAT little engines.
Old 11-30-2015, 02:40 AM
Captmicom

You are welcome Dale. I am happy to be able to when I can... Thank You
Old 11-30-2015, 05:32 PM
Evgeny-arm

10сс has a lot of interesting and good decisions.
1) The first thing that I like and I appreciated at first glance - spark plug cap.
2) The carburetor is easy to set up and very reliable in operation.
3) Moreover, the carburetor is not afraid to of debris fuel.
The design itself such that the nozzle is cleared when you work the throttle.
4) And the best argument - the weight 13сс engine!
I did not make mistakes writing that the engine has a geometric volume 13cc.
I do not see the competitors for this engine in such settings.
The engine that I bought have little remarks to quality.
But the engine worked quite a lot of hours and will continue to work.
And the most important advantage over other Chinese products -
there is support from the manufacturer in the form of opportunities to buy spare parts.

Our engines often get damaged and the possibility of restoring the engine immediately gives a good impression.
I also want to try in the future, 21 twin.
I am at 40 twin VVRC.
I get great pleasure.
And hope that the baby RCGF 21 TWIN It gives me the same amount of pleasant moments of communication.
Moreover, in contrast to VVRC are available to buy spare parts.
Series 10cc and 21TWIN in my view are the best that I can choose for themselves in the market.
These engines decide my plans.

Last edited by Evgeny-arm; 11-30-2015 at 05:47 PM.
Old 11-30-2015, 08:33 PM
Captmicom

Hello Evgeny,

Thank you for your words of praise and encouragement for the RCGF engines. We do our best to give our customers the best quality engines for the best prices.

Здравствуйте Евгений, спасибо за

добрые слова и поддержку на RCGF двигателей. Мы делаем все от нас зависящее, чтобы предоставить нашим клиентам наилучшее качество двигателей для лучшие цены.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:04 PM
Evgeny-arm

Originally Posted by Captmicom
Hello Evgeny,.
If there is reason to scold - and I'm not ashamed to say aloud.
I do a lot criticized for shortcomings of the first batches of EVO-10.
Influenced it or not, I do not know.
But they were fair and not invented by me.
All my posts are deleted - spoil the image of the company.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I watched a long three years, you have created a baby 10cc.
And just as I bought the very first that was available to me.
I appreciate the result.
You do not have the shortcomings that had EVO-10.
It seemed to me that you read my criticism and listened.
But your engine really works with the box very worthy.
---------------------------------------------------------
Your engine has drawbacks.
But I am very harmful and difficult to please me in every way.
But for most users, the engine should leave positive feelings.
Adjust the engine can even a child.
And it is very stable work.
I think you can come up with a solution to the problem first start.
( Try my solution to this problem, if you are satisfied, I will not have any claims.)
This is the only remark.
Other notes I'm not going to voice.
The reason - they do not affect the operation of the engine.
Compare EVO-10 and RCGF-10cc, I will not.
Both engines have a positive side.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Your engine has earned good words ........
Old 12-08-2015, 06:26 PM
B-Squared

Just a quick thanks to Joe at RCGF for some GREAT customer service. I had a carburetor problem with an older RCGF 62 that I sent to him. I thought he went well above and beyond to take care of the issue. A friend had a similar experience with Joe. He needed a part for an RCGF engine he purchased from a hobby shop on the east coast. Not only was the hobby shop slow to respond, but also had to special order the part. I suggested he call Joe in the meantime. Again, Joe stepped up to the plate got the part out to him within a few days.

All too often in this hobby we deal with little or no customer service. I own 2 gas engines...both RCGF. It's good to know there's a quality person who will actually pick up the phone and talk to you standing behind these engines. Well done Joe!
Old 12-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Captmicom

Thank you for your kind words... I am glad to help when I can..
Old 12-08-2015, 10:14 PM
Bcolici

Originally Posted by B-Squared
Just a quick thanks to Joe at RCGF for some GREAT customer service. I had a carburetor problem with an older RCGF 62 that I sent to him. I thought he went well above and beyond to take care of the issue. A friend had a similar experience with Joe. He needed a part for an RCGF engine he purchased from a hobby shop on the east coast. Not only was the hobby shop slow to respond, but also had to special order the part. I suggested he call Joe in the meantime. Again, Joe stepped up to the plate got the part out to him within a few days.

All too often in this hobby we deal with little or no customer service. I own 2 gas engines...both RCGF. It's good to know there's a quality person who will actually pick up the phone and talk to you standing behind these engines. Well done Joe!
+ 1

Got my replacement pump for the little 10cc. Runs like a champ so far.
13x6 apc at 10100 rpm on the 4th startup. Going to try a xoar 14x6.

Last edited by Bcolici; 12-08-2015 at 10:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 05:52 AM
Captmicom

Hi Bc,

I am happy to hear the little 10cc is running fine. From what I was able to gather the first pump design showed a possible leak problem. The factory stepped up and come up with a better design that would not leak..

It depends on what you are going to do with your little 10cc but I think you will like the thrust the 14x6 gives you.. Please keep up posted..
Old 02-05-2016, 02:27 AM
balsa1

say captmicon I see that rcgs has a line of prop's however that bphobbies (as I understand now defunk) is the only one that carried this line or can you steer me in the direction of current dealer thanks Les
Old 02-05-2016, 04:56 AM
Captmicom

Hi Les,

Yes RCGF does have a line of props. Their are made of high quality bass wood from Germany. We also have carbon fiber props as well. We are out of stock at the moment but I will have a new shipment of props in time for the Toledo show the first of April. As soon as I get back from the show I should have them in the warehouse for sale to the public. I am taking a "WAG" at this time but we should also have them on the web site around that same time. RCGF will also be announcing a lager line of hobby products this year as well. We want to become a "One Stop" place for some of the general hobby needs that would compliment our engine line.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:02 AM
Captmicom

Les… Enjoy your new 26BMs they should be there by Monday.. Please keep me posted on how the build is going...
Old 02-05-2016, 01:45 PM
mach2
My Feedback: (5)

Carbon fiber props huh? I need to check that out. I wanna try one on my 60 single. 23x10 or 24x10. What style are they? Similar to a falcon?

Who's putting a 26ccBM in what? Those things are little monsters!
Old 02-05-2016, 02:15 PM
balsa1

hi captmicom kind of at standstill I have decided to break in motors on a Bruce Thorp sky something I had it about 3/4 framed up when I set it aside several years ago. great flyers this is my 3rd sold the others over time (should not do such stuped things) Bruce is not making kits now as I understand but the ones he kitted were the best
Have decided that I don't want to mess with new to me type of plane, motors and all new at that so Bruces sky what ever will be the donkey Say dealing with props reading about different gas motors it seems that on any given motor there is such a verity that people are using it would be great if there was some recommendation for break in and after prop. I know there is a wide range of uses however maybe not the exact prop but on the ground rpm we should be looking for the toru
qe peak is only in one place that info would be of great help thanks Les
Old 02-05-2016, 02:54 PM
mach2
My Feedback: (5)

I know many people get real into prop/rpm data and all that stuff. I've never really been to concerned with all of that (well, after about a year in the hobby). I get more results by getting the motor tuned on the ground and then really get it dialed by flying it and make the final running adjustments from that. RPM numbers on the ground really don't give me anything I end up using in the air. I honestly don't even use a tach anymore because every motor runs way different while flying. For prop selection I try different props to get the desired characteristics for that plane. Using a thrust scale (or RPM readings) is cool but a prop with the most thrust may not be the right one for a certain airframe or flying style. Again, the best way to find the best prop is to fly them...

For break in I start with a prop on the smaller end of the range for that particular motor. Never used a test stand. I follow the method most of the pros use. Put it on the plane, get it running and do the break-in in the air. Never had any problems with it. My opinion is that running a gallon of fuel through a two stroke engine at lower RPM on a test stand does nothing except build up carbon on the piston. And wastes my time.

Just my two cents. To each their own.

Last edited by mach2; 02-05-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-05-2016, 03:03 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Plus one to the above.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:18 PM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Lifer
Plus one to the above.

Plus two. I never had a tach, in my 20+ years in the hobby, until I was given one.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:30 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

I used a tach when I was pylon racing a bunch. Now I'm just flying Warbirds and Classics. I take off, listen to the engine and if it sounds rich or lean, I land and make the adjustment. Drives my friends crazy though cause I never stop tweaking the needles.
Old 02-05-2016, 05:56 PM
ahicks
My Feedback: (2)

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I love the way the DLE 20's sound turning up 10k on the ground with too small a prop mounted up. When you get it in the air and give it a chance to unload a little, even better. The problem is, I know it's not going to be making those noises long before making one I don't like to hear....just before going quiet.

If performance is important to you, and you're willing to mess with a few props to get it, you need a tach. They're just not that expensive or hard to find.

A ringed gas engine will be happy running the same prop you plan on running. There is no justification to run a smaller "break in" prop.

My opinions, do as you like. -Al
Old 02-05-2016, 07:10 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

From day one on my gas engines I use the prop that I plan on flying with.
Old 02-05-2016, 07:49 PM
Captmicom

Hi Dr. "J",

The props are a lot like a Falcon. One of our members is working on a project that he needed a couple 26s for. I will let him tell you about it if he would like to.
Old 02-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Captmicom

Hi Les,

That sounds like a good platform to find out what the 26 can do. As for props I mostly use an 18x8 on my 26BMs because at my elevation I get about 7400 to 7600 on the ground depending on the prop manufacture. That said in the air my 26 will unload 8500 to 8800 RPM. That is smack dab in the fat part of the power curve for this little motor. As for brake-in I am in the same boat with the other guys out here. I put my engine on the plane and get it set up with good ideal, good transition, and good top end (NOT TO LEAN) then go fly it. Make sure that if you have a cowl over the engine that it has great ventilation so it will not run hot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.