RCGF Engines

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:33 PM
wally3185
My Feedback: (26)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wally3185
Interesting discussion, I have a rcgf 15cc on a BTE Flying King 80" . About two weeks ago I had an issue at the field, out cruising around I was at full throttle the Flying King rolls over on it's back heads for ground. Pulled back on the throttle regained control came around and landed. Tied it down, ran it up to full throttle and wow, full deflection on the ailerons. I did a re-bind and checked all of the aileron connections and fired it back up. Everything worked, no issues, let it cool down, and ran it a least two more times on the ground. Went for spin around the patch everything went fine. Before this incident I had run about two gallons through this engine with no issues like this, I guess it was a bad aileron connection. Just kind of spooky after reading some of the previous posts.
I would like to ad a plus one on the advice. On this previous post I thought that the problem was a bad aileron connection. Came home and ran the plane again, problem came back, put in a piece of pen spring in and a worm clamp on, all the jitters went away.It really does work. Thanks to everybody on the tread.
Old 08-24-2017, 07:02 AM
scorpa572

I have a RCGF 15CC that i have run 3 gallons of fuel throw it at 32.1 i love this engine runs awesome but now i have a problem with the crank pin works it,s way out. was wondering if any butty had this problem?
took the engine apart and the crank pin is rubbing on the backing plat. i am going to order a new crank and bearings im lucky it dident hart anything else
Old 08-24-2017, 04:47 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

On most cranks the crankpin is a pressed in item. As long as the crank or pin is not damaged you could clean them up with acetone and press the pin back in with some red or green Lock Tite.
Old 08-24-2017, 05:11 PM
scorpa572

Thank's i will try that it makes me wonder why it worked out in the first place.inside the engine is really clean vary little carbon bearing are good i check the balance on the prop
and it was ok
Old 08-24-2017, 08:26 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would do, (or have done), a quick, but hot spot weld of the crankpin to crank web on the side opposite the crank web from the rod. Then grind the spot weld down if necessary for clearance between the front of the crank and the crankcase. (I am assuming the crankpin hole goes all the way through the crank.) I've welded cranks numerous times before and never had a problem, with the engines running in use for years and at high rpms. It needs to be done quickly, and with Mig or Tig; not a torch.

AV8TOR
Old 08-25-2017, 02:02 AM
SIX GUNS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RCGF engines

Hay guys I had a 60 that was the best running engine I've ever had it only had 25 minutes on it until I decided to fly my new plane it got 30 seconds in to the flight and
lost signal the only thing left of the engine was the crankcase best engine ever 😭
Old 08-25-2017, 03:49 AM
scorpa572

well found the problem the crank has a hair line crack in it. so i have a crank coming for it thanks for all your help anyways
Old 08-30-2017, 04:15 AM
OldScaleGuy
My Feedback: (2)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had been having trouble getting a good idle speed on my 20cc RE, inconsistent and too high of an idle. Upon removing the carburetor i found the throttle butterfly screw was about 1/2 turn loose. While i had it apart i sanded the spacer plate with crocus cloth to insure it was perfectly flat. Runs great again.
Old 10-02-2017, 07:32 AM
jbell4621

Default RCGF 56cc

i am installing a RCGF 56 in my Chip Hyde Double Vision and need recommendations on a different muffler as the stock one is going to take out about an inch of my firewall and a huge hole in cowl. Is there a tuned pipe for this motor. I can't find one.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:43 PM
HunkaJunk

Default I have an old one, but still runs good.

I believe I was an early buyer of an RCGF engine, I bought one new in probably early 2008 or so. It's a 50cc (DA 50 Clone), I don't see this engine listed any longer, but I still see parts available for it from RCGF. It's in an old AirWild Hobbies 29% Extra 260 and I have many hundreds of flights on it. I have used just about every 2 stroke oil under the sun in it, including a few gallons of Amsoil Saber at 100:1. I have replaced the ignition module once due to the plug wire getting worn through were it came through the firewall, and I have replaced the the carburetor once due to the choke linkage lever wearing and falling off. Other than that it still runs great.

I just had it out a couple weekends ago and I was spinning a Menz 22X8 at 7000 RPM Static (at 5500 feet altitude). I could peak it out to 7100, but I always richen about 100 RPM worth. I do remember tossing the stock spark plug that came with the engine and using a Denso U20m-u plug.

Last edited by HunkaJunk; 10-08-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 09-02-2019, 08:19 AM
Octopus RC

Every RCGF Engine Owner has Chance to win $1,000.00 Grand Prize !
Or Win a Free Engine ! Click to read event details https://vvrcrcgf.com/Seeking-The-Earliest-RCGF-Customer
Just simply e-mail us an image with serial number from your RCGF engine clearly visible to [email protected] .
Manufactory still waiting for the 1rst e-mail sender ! Why don`t you take a try ?
Old 10-09-2019, 08:14 AM
Denisesewa

Default Rcgf, walbro carb

Hi, I've read everything I can find and although some others have had this issue no one has provided an answer aside from checking for vacuum leaks, both 20 and 26 cc engines I have are equiped with walbro carbs that have an extra hole in the throttle plate, my 32 does not have this nor do any of my other brand gassers, these two are the only ones which will not shut off with the throttle plate fully closed, I am tempted to solder the hole shut buuuuutttt, should I? Or do I have a problem I am overlooking?
thanks for any insight.
D
Old 10-09-2019, 12:11 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

It's quite the norm for carb choke plates to have a small hole which is supposed to help with cold start running but I have never seen a throttle plate with a hole.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:07 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Most throttle plates have a small notch on the outside of the throttle plate near the low speed jets. This helps to atomize the fuel at low speeds and smooths out the idle from what it would be if the notch wasn't there. It also helps with throttle transition during acceleration. But like karolh, I have never seen one with a hole in the plate. There are many different Walbro carbs out there, this is probably normal for the ones on those particular RCGF engines. Not being able to shut the engine down with the throttle would be a problem for me. Do these carbs also have the notch? I'd be tempted to solder one shut and see how the engine runs. You can always open it back up if the experiment fails.
Old 10-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Denisesewa

Yes they have a notch as well as a hole similar to a choke plate
Old 10-09-2019, 02:13 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Solder one of those holes closed and let us know how it works out. Curious minds!
Old 10-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Denisesewa

Originally Posted by Truckracer
Solder one of those holes closed and let us know how it works out. Curious minds!
Ok I'll be a test dummy, just silver soldered the hole closed.
Started momentarily on choke with a couple flips, choke off, two flips and running but would not accept throttle until I richened both high and low needles , go figure? Would have thought closing the hole would have richened it up ( at least through idle and transition)? Anyway, it now has a smoother and lower idle, comes back to idle without hunting AND it shuts off ! Only took two clicks of trim to get a nice idle ( didn't tach it as the sun has set)
Unfortunately the Rocky Mountains are getting hit with a snowy cold front tonight so no flight tests for a few days at least.
Hope this solves it without changing flight characteristics.
D
Old 02-04-2022, 08:47 PM
davehansen

My new Rcgf won’t suck fuel but it will pump air back to the fuel tank through the inlet line me. What can cause this problem? Thx
Old 02-05-2022, 04:21 AM
CK1
My Feedback: (60)

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by davehansen
My new Rcgf won’t suck fuel but it will pump air back to the fuel tank through the inlet line me. What can cause this problem? Thx
If you're getting air in the reverse direction of flow, then there is an internal carburetor issue . It's likely the fuel pump diaghragm pedals in the carb are stuck open or damaged .
Old 02-05-2022, 06:21 AM
Denisesewa

Originally Posted by davehansen
if it's never seen fuel before it likely just needs to *get wet* internally.
I have often had to hook my hand crank fuel pump up to my tanks vent line and keep pressure in the system while spinning the engine, remove the fuel line from the carb and pump fuel through to remove air in the line , replace the line while fuel is still coming out and keep pressure on it with the hand pump while starting. Might want to open both needles a full turn till it tries to start.
this also often works to start engines which have sat for a while although no substitute for a good cleaning.
Old 02-12-2022, 01:53 AM
yanicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had exactly the same with my RCGF engine after hooking it up for the first time. It would pump air out of the fuel line instead of sucking fuel in. I didnt have a fuel pump but what I did was choking it (obviously) but also close the small hole in the choke as well as any other potential air inlet (I used a glove to cover it). Cranking it with that started to slowly suck in fuel and as soon as it got wet it was no longer required.
Old 02-12-2022, 03:11 AM
Coxfledgling

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Enquery

Haven't read the whole thread...

Is the manufacturer still going ?

Is there an agent in the UK ?

Does the manufacturer have a web site please ?

Thanks.

Looking to change to petrol powered, and, a marine petrol with pull recoil start and clutch.

Old 02-12-2022, 03:36 AM
OldScaleGuy

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, they are still going strong.
I do not know if there is an agent in the UK. However, LeisureRcModels.com will ship worldwide.
Here is their website https://www.rcgfusa.com/

They are great engines, start easy, run strong and very reliable.