Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCGF Engines

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010, 02:53 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCGF Engines

These guys have taken the engines apart just to make sure you get what you paid for. I'm not saying your going to get a bad one but the best chance of a really good running engine would be through Henry or Steve. I have heard of a few problems with engines made in China and I have not been running gas that long. I have followed RCGF and it seems the engines that ran the best usually passed through there hands.

I have only seen one bad dealer but he has been banned from RCU. He might still be lurking on Ebay though.

Andy
Old 02-21-2010, 03:43 PM
rfk1381
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for info. The retailer isan "authorized retailer" from the RCGF factory site. Don't know if that is good, bador irrelevant.
Old 02-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Hey All

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you all.. Steve and I are working to get the YD-A's born!. He has spent a wonderful weekend flying prototypes, and I have been getting our new Florida warehouse up and running.

The rcgf 45cc is still being manufactured, though we will not be carrying them due to the YD-A engines coming on line shortly.
The 45cc engines that came through us are great engines and will provide many years of flying pleasure.

Cheers
Henry

Old 02-21-2010, 04:04 PM
AJsToyz

It should be ok, like i said, there has only been one bad one and he was an authorized dealer but he is not around that we know of.

I'm holding out for the YD-A 32cc , oh yeh , hows my engine Henry ??

I quit buying RCGF due to the companies business practices, but am supporting the ones that made them who they are. The engines are good do to the help of Steve and Henry. These guys ran these engines, listened to others thoughts , and did everything they could to help make the RCGF engine line what it is today. So, I'll buy H&S products!!

Andy
Old 02-21-2010, 05:25 PM
erieqc

Henry
I hope you have your new engines ready for the Toledo show. Know I just have to decide what I want to put in my new Funtana 125.
Keep up the good work. The 28 is mounted and ready to go if the snow will ever melt.
Thanks Bill
Old 02-21-2010, 06:13 PM
Piston

Hey Bill
Thanks for the kind thoughts... I am hoping that maybe Steve will provide some more insights into the new engines. He has been running the prototypes all weekend!
We were having a ball with the 28cc this weekend in warm (70 degrees ) Florida.... Once the weather warms up for you, let us know your thoughts on the engine

Cheers
Henry
Old 02-21-2010, 06:44 PM
AJsToyz

Henry,

I'm hoping the Easter Bunny brings me a 32cc !!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:36 AM
aussiesteve

hahaha - be careful on what you wish for
Old 02-22-2010, 09:13 AM
AJsToyz

Steve,

Talk to me buddy!!!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 09:13 AM
yearnin to Fly
My Feedback: (52)

rfk1381, I am a retail seller of the RCGF line of engines, and I take care of the warranty issues for the RCGF engines I sell.

These engines are very well made, and are long lasting engines. I own several of them myself, and I enjoy how easy they start, and how easy they are to tune.
Old 02-22-2010, 09:28 AM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: gasrchobbyengines

rfk1381, I am a retail seller of the RCGF line of engines, and I take care of the warranty issues for the RCGF engines I sell.

These engines are very well made, and are long lasting engines. I own several of them myself, and I enjoy how easy they start, and how easy they are to tune.
Absolutley
WHEN you get a good one from them they are a good engine - it is just when they provide the &%$* ones that they are total &%$*. Have you received a "for we never heard of this before" e-mail from "the princess" yet?
Old 02-22-2010, 01:25 PM
Q500RC

With Henry and Steve's new line coming out if they perfom as well as we expect them to this conversation
about the rcgf line may be over anyway as they will be lighter, more powerful at about the same price!

In that case there will be no need to worry about buying chinese anymore!!!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:21 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: Q500RC

With Henry and Steve's new line coming out if they perfom as well as we expect them to this conversation
about the rcgf line may be over anyway as they will be lighter, more powerful at about the same price!

I guess the uncertainity about the ignitions used by RCGF don't make them any more attractive at the moment. At least while they were (allegedly) using genuine Rcexl ignitions, you knew what you were getting.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 PM
manila_eagle
My Feedback: (16)

Is SoutheastRCEngine.com ligit?

TY
Old 02-26-2010, 01:11 AM
driesbabe

Yes they are!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 09:38 AM
toothpick

This is absoulutely correct!
Iam one of the YD Models factory pilots and Mate, when these engines are released THEY WILL BLOW YOUR MIND!
the power is UNBELEIVABLE! We are currently producing some videos of the engine proto types.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:15 AM
manila_eagle
My Feedback: (16)

Thanks!
Old 02-26-2010, 10:58 AM
blw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please remember this is a RCGF thread, and not about other brands of engines.. especially from competing vendors!!! A couple of messages from competitors were deleted. There are other threads more appropriate for discussing other brands. Another reason for coming down on hijacking posts is due to multiple complains about this.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:18 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

where can i buy a 18x10 3 bladed prop for my 45cc?
Old 03-08-2010, 10:19 AM
toothpick

where can i buy a 18x10 3 bladed prop for my 45cc?
Why do you want to use a 3 bladed prop? a 2 bladed prop is much more efficient for this sized engine, unless its for ground clearence.. then i can understand why.
Have you tried Biella?
Old 03-08-2010, 01:01 PM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

that is why ground clearence
Old 03-08-2010, 01:24 PM
apalsson

Biela make nice props. I believe Aircraft International is the contact for them in the States
Old 03-08-2010, 06:56 PM
ghitt
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: blw

Please remember this is a RCGF thread, and not about other brands of engines.. especially from competing vendors!!! A couple of messages from competitors were deleted. There are other threads more appropriate for discussing other brands. Another reason for coming down on hijacking posts is due to multiple complains about this.
Thank you very much!

At over 4700 posts there is no room for advertising the "other" engine you sell. I am interested in other engines and will gladly read that thread as well. I was the one that recommended a RCGF 15cc thread be started and thankfully it was. Would be nice in the future to have a seperate thread for each model engine so that there would not be so much fluff to find what you are looking for.

I also saw the comment about the RCEXL ignitions. I was so finicky that I requested a RCEXL ignition be sent with one of my 15cc engines instead of a RCGF. The ignition was faulty from the gitgo. I pulled a RCGF ignition off of one of my other engines and it has been run for over 15 hours with no problem. Obviously any product can be defective but I am pleased with the stock ignition.

Happy flying to all.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:36 AM
driesbabe

ghitt,

So what you are actually saying is that the RCGF ignition works just fine??
That is very strange, as I have also found this to be the case.
There are however some guys here that keep bashing anything RCGF dose. Maybe there cars are also better then others just because they drive them.

Enjoy your 15cc
Old 03-10-2010, 07:19 AM
johnshiell

Hi All,

I hope someone can offer some advice. I have a 26cc RCGF engine thats had about an hours running with 30:1 mix. I have flown with the engine and on the last flight the throttle would not return to the tickover postion. Once on the ground I took the cowl off and undid the throttle servo linkage. I could rotate the sprung throttle fully open but it would not return all the way to the throttle stop. It came to a hard stop a couple of mm shy. Eventually after exercising the throttle by hand it returned to the throttle stop screw.
After reattaching the servo linkage I exercised the throttle without the engine running and everything was fine. Once a restarted the engine the problem reoccured.

Anyone else come across this issue? I am hoping when I take the engine out I can debug the problem. Its a shame as the engine was great until the last flight.

Thanks,

John

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.