Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Homelite 25 cc motor will not run

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 02:28 PM
chicks5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homelite 25 cc motor will not run

Hi, I'm playing with a 25cc Homelite motor conversion. I'm having trouble with fuel not being able to make it to the carb. I've been able to start it with starting fluid but then when it burns that up, that all she wrote. I've put on 2 different carbs, checked the the gasket seals 3 different times. I'm ready to tear it down and restart checking for leaks. At first I thought it was the lines not fitting on the carb correctly so I replaces the lines. I want to try and cover all the possible issues I might have.
So my questions are as follows,
What is the correct way to set up a gasoline fuel tank in a plane?
How do I get this to draw fuel?
It currently has a G-26 carb on it from the bay. I've tried WT-32's the same as the Royobi's use, but I don't think it's the carb.
Last fall it was on the test bench and turned 8600- 8700 with a 16-6 prop and I was playing with nitro added to the fuel with one of the Royobi carbs. (No it's not stock, been ported)[X(]
Could the nitro being in the motor damaged the seals on the bearings or the gaskets?
any sugestions or ways to trouble shoot this would be a great help.
Old 08-11-2008, 02:33 PM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Default RE: Homelite 25 cc motor will not run

Need a picture of the carb set up, Sound like the pulse hole and carb are lining up and pump not working

Milton
Old 08-11-2008, 04:56 PM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Possibly you have the carb pulse covered in some way. When you mount the carb, be sure the pulse hole in the carb spacer block is lined up with the hole in the carb. This is the means whereby the engine pulses get through to activate the carb pump. This is how fuel gets drawn into the the engine.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:23 AM
chicks5

The carb damm is one I got from Wacker Engines, it turns the carb so the stock throttle is able to be used without any mods. I've taken it apart and reassembled it 3 times checking the pulse holes for alinement each time. Last time I used a new out of the box Wabro carb. I also checked the gaskets and pulse hole for any type of plug or stopage. I've thought of checking the damm for flatness and checking it for defects, cracks, ect. That will be next if I have to pull the motor and tear it down for inspection. Any ideas on what it might be?
Can any of you recamend a gas tank layout for this motor?