Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

US Engines ( 41cc Gas )

Old 12-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Tony Hallo

Received 50 Likes on 48 Posts
Default RE: US Engines ( 41cc Gas )

Well there you go, learned something new today. I worked on Q35's, 40's and 52's. Never a US engine. I assumed they were the same engine once Quardra got out of the picture, just different bore?
Old 12-23-2009, 07:49 PM
Flypaper 2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Tony: They are the same bore for both 35 and 42. They used the thrust washers at first and made the crank a bit wider where it fits in the crankcase to take up the space of the thrust washers. There was a 35, 37, 40 and 42. Of course the 35 and 42 the most prevalent. Pistons were all over the place. some had the ring pin lock all the way to the outer ring groove, Some had no lock at all but most had the ones you see. Some had one ring,and some two. Just before they closed down they had a 28 cc and a 40 cc called Q 400 which I have one of those. Reed valve, batt. ign.

Gord
Old 09-24-2011, 07:33 PM
fourstar91s

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank good info us41cc started up let run gona study before fine tuning
Old 09-26-2011, 08:15 AM
loser
My Feedback: (37)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OOPs...the following is directed to Wings13Z ....not the original poster!

PLEASE, PLEASE....seek out some help from an experienced gas flyer in your area. Isn't anyone else concerned that this gentleman may hurt himself or someone else?? Maybe I am wrong and it sounds like he has very little if any RC experience. It sounds to me like someone should assist this guy "hands on" to make sure his plane and engine are "okay" to even test run let alone fly...engine mounted securely, appropriate servos, batteries, linkages, engine tuned/cooled okay. Not too even mention an inexperienced guy trying to start and tune a gas engine with a decent sized prop. Maybe I missed something but just screams to me of something bad waiting to happen.

Steve