fuel tubing size and routing

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:50 PM
downwind
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel tubing size and routing

im new to gas.

1. so i have a crrc 26 gas engine coming and i need to know what size fuel tubing to get. and tygon is the proper tubing? ive seen 5/32 1/8 and 3/32 sizes

2. Also, How is the fuel tubing routed? I know how the glow fuel routing works. For gas, from tank clunk to carb seems right. Is there a return to the tank?? Or is there just an open fuel line to let air into the tank as fuel is taken from tank??

thanks
Old 09-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Hibrass
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: fuel tubing size and routing

Downwind,

I use 1/8 inch tygon for everything 100cc and smaller. (I don't own anything bigger.) Gas motors are not senitive to fuel volume like a Large glow motors would be. In the meantime I still preferr the 3 line setup for all of my gas fuel tank setups... One dedicated to the vent, one for the fill and one to the carb. I don't like to have anymore junctions than needed between the clunk and the carb.. (Just my Opinion.) OH and I solder fuel bards on all brass tubing and then zip tie the tygon fuelline.. I haven't had a fuel delivery related problem yet... (again just my opinion.)

Good Luck,
Old 09-16-2008, 05:23 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: downwind

im new to gas.

1. so i have a crrc 26 gas engine coming and i need to know what size fuel tubing to get. and tygon is the proper tubing? ive seen 5/32 1/8 and 3/32 sizes

2. Also, How is the fuel tubing routed? I know how the glow fuel routing works. For gas, from tank clunk to carb seems right. Is there a return to the tank?? Or is there just an open fuel line to let air into the tank as fuel is taken from tank??

thanks
The tank is open via a vent line that's looped - outside - to the back of the tank and then out the front bottom of the engine cowling.

This pic is a 3-line setup as described by the previous post. I also like to have a direct line from clunk to carb.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm35071.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	1034706  
Old 09-16-2008, 05:26 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The vent line is taken over the top of the tank to prevent syphoning out in aerobatics, but left open the fill line should be plugged after filling, us a bronze or felt clunk to prevent bubbles, don't forgett to barb the clunk line inside the tank also. Barbs can be made out of paper clip wire and soldered onto the brass tubing.

Mike

EDIT: take the vent line out of the bottom of the fus.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86924.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	1034708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc93008.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	1034709  
Old 09-16-2008, 06:30 PM
pe reivers

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hibrass

Downwind,

I use 1/8 inch tygon for everything 100cc and smaller. (I don't own anything bigger.) Gas motors are not senitive to fuel volume like a Large glow motors would be. In the meantime I still preferr the 3 line setup for all of my gas fuel tank setups... One dedicated to the vent, one for the fill and one to the carb. I don't like to have anymore junctions than needed between the clunk and the carb.. (Just my Opinion.) OH and I solder fuel bards on all brass tubing and then zip tie the tygon fuelline.. I haven't had a fuel delivery related problem yet... (again just my opinion.)

Good Luck,
Ditto! this is the only way to do it. A fuel dot on the fill line makes it real neat. tank vent/overflow can be routed anywhere convenient, so you can use an overflow drip recepticle when filling the tank (oil pollution)