Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Zenoah G-26 Installation

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2003, 02:29 AM
charlescritch
My Feedback: (40)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zenoah G-26 Installation

Am about to install a G-26 in a Balsa USA 1/4 scale Sopwith Pup and would lke to know a general rule of thumb for clearance between the prop and the front of cowel. Also, what considerations and cures should be taken to prevent the magneto ignition from interfering with the radio. Thanks in advance, Charlie.
Old 05-25-2003, 09:51 AM
Roquewj
My Feedback: (4)

I would recommend 1/4" clearance from the cowling to the backplate of the spinner or the propeller.

Regarding magneto interference, install servos, receiver and battery as far way as possible from the engine but never less than a foot.

Do not use metal as pushrod for the throtle. Use plastic pushrod, such as Sullivan.

Range check the plane before the first flight without the engine running and with the engine running at idle, medium range and full. If you see any decrease in range, check again the installation to find out interference.

Good luck.
Old 05-26-2003, 07:37 PM
aitchie

Hi Charles

Have a look at this UK site: http://www.flymodels.co.uk/

Check on the "What was on the building board last week" link, you'll find a similar project to your own, A G26 fitted into a Sopwith Pup.

Regards Ron