Go Back  RCU Forums > Glow Engines, Gas Engines, Fuel & Mfg Support Forums > Gas Engines
Reload this Page >

Walbro,tune up,parts,exploded veiws,Link.

Community
Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Walbro,tune up,parts,exploded veiws,Link.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 08:33 PM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Walbro,tune up,parts,exploded veiws,Link.

I posted this so everyone that has a chance can put this link in there favorites on there PC.Make sure you read all the way to the bottom as its a very good page on how the walbro carb works,comes apart,settings,everything.Even the vent line.

Now im going to post this that the only thing i disagree with is the statement about running your engine for a full minute wide open.Now he doesnt say whether its on a stand or in the air.But I Would Never,Never,run my engine for a minute on a stand at full throttle.You will cook your engine.
So i would just blip it,hold it WOT for 5 seconds,then back to idle,adjust,full open for 5 secs,back to idle,adjust,exct......

I test my engines by putting my finger on the cylinder by the plug for like 2 seconds,if i cant i let it cool down.
I hope some of you better gas experts comment on this as i am learning also in the giant scale planes.I do my own conversions in the other forum but if i mess up one of my engines im only out $10.00 or less,no biggee.Since i stick with 2 basic engines all parts are interchangeble basiclly.

http://tech.flygsw.org/walbro_tuneup.htm

hope this helps.
Old 11-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Charley
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Walbro,tune up,parts,exploded veiws,Link.

Thank you very much!

CR
Old 11-29-2008, 07:19 PM
NavyE6FE

Buck I used yours and this one I found while troubleshooting a blower/vac engine that I am still having trouble with.

http://www.drystacked.com/Walbro%20C...y%20ebook1.pdf

If anyone has any ideas on what to do let me know. Here's the story: worked great this spring, shut it down for gas and after that it won't run and hardly start. Use the same gas in chainsaw-no problems. Went through the carb, new gaskets and such, new spark plug still won't run or start and it floods. Took the air cleaner off and it starts, runs rich even though I didn't mess with the needle. While its running there is A LOT of gas and air coming back out the carb intake. I mean if you put your hand up to it you can feel the air has some force to it. I've never noticed any of my other gas engines do this and it wouldn't be hard to see gas mist coming out of an airplane engine. Do I just need to lean it up( its only got one needle) or is the muffler to restrictive? The opening is clear and clean but its only about a 1/4 of the exhaust port. Any ideas? TIA

Steve
Old 11-30-2008, 01:30 AM
buck1856
My Feedback: (49)

I would make sure the muffler is clean as you said.Then i would check the lever that operates the needle.Set it even with the base or just below as in the directions in the article i posted.Ill send you a pm also so look for it.
If any fuel comes from the carb throat or opening at all when its sitting and your not doing anything to it with a full tank its the needle and seat adjustment for sure.
What gap is on the plug and is it a new plug?
Also,did you pull the plug and spin the engine to make sure you have a good spark?.
Is this a reed engine?.
What brand name?