Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

3W-110 vs MVVS/Evolution 116

I am looking at 2 engine choices for the EF 110 Yak. I have narrowed it down to the MVVS/Evolution 116 or the 3W-110. They both advertise the same prop selection but the 3W is a pound lighter. Does anyone know how these engines compare? How much more power does the 110CS have over the straight 110? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    I\'\'\'\'m in a jet!!! What could possibly go wrong?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: 3W-110 vs MVVS/Evolution 116

I personally haven't seen the EVO 116 run , but i have seen the 3W-106CS run , and they are extremely strong. If the 110 is slightly stronger and lighter than the 106.....you could not possibly go wrong with that motor....it's a beast! Besides the fact , if it's a pound lighter than the evo 116...that's an even bigger plus. The 3W isn't the lightest motor around , but with the EVO 116 being a pound heavier....i'd go with the 3W no questions asked. Also....if you are going to pick up a 3W...give Gerhard a call over at Aircraft International if you are going to buy one. There are two 3W distributors in the USA for 3W's....and Gerhard is the better of the two. I have had bad luck with the other guy twice , and only tried him twice.....and gerhard is on the ball with his customer service.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've held the Evo in my hands. Get the 3w. Call Gerhard at Aircraft International. There are two primary U.S. 3w dealers. The second one doesn't count, and can't be counted on. You can also obtain 3w engines from Chiefs and Don's Hobby Shop.
    Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

who actually flew the evolution engine?
    Pe, (www.mvvs.nl), MVVS, MOKImotor, RCexl, MTW, Xoar, Mejzlik.
    Blessing in ignorance? There is sanctuary in analysis.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Can't say. The 116 is a great engine but way over weight for the what's delivered. Yes, the power offsets the weight but it's too heavy unless you need over 8 lbs. of engine up front. I think my 106 came in around 6-1/2 pounds.
    Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a Evolution 116 in a 32 pound 35% Hanger 9 260. It is a monster! Swings Mejzlik 27 x 12th 3 blade at 6300. That is a 2 inch longer 3 blade than is recommended for a DA100 and 300 more RPM. The first run on my 116 had 500 more RPM than the best 100 at my field using a Mekzlik 28 x 10 2 blade.

Don't discount the power of this engine. I have read posts that it is pulling around 38 pound 40% airplanes with ease and based on my experience I would have to believe it is true. It is a little heavy but it is a power house!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

May I ask what rpm's it swings the Mejzlik?
    I didn\'\'\'\'t put the bullet in the fire and you quit talking about my mother! \"Cosby, Shop Class, 1968 or so\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Uphill drag race with the exact same set up with an 8lb motor and a 4.5 lb motor....wonder which would pull out of the hole better. I think 8lbs is to much for the nose of a 35%. It may pull the props around real well , but heck , that's about the same weight as a DA-150. Starts affecting the wing loading a little. 32lbs is on the haevy side as well , what the heck do you have in that sucker? Although , the other smaller Evolution motors seem to be pretty spendy , the Evolution 116 seems to be priced pretty fair , and i have heard it's a power house , just heavy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have a MVVS 116 (Evolution 116 in USA),is a beast and run very easy,with a MenzΒ΄s 28x10 run at 6.350 rpm with a Bisson pits mufflers(only 535 grms of weigth),with a Mezjlik 28x10 IΒ΄m sure to run 6600 rpm or more,the transiction is to real time!!,with the canisters run a Mezjlk 30x10 to 6100 rpm and move with autority a 3 meters plane.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw66761.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	1171604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ql34291.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	1171605   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Va73341.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	1171606   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bv59440.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	1171607  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Not to be picking on ya, but those numbers on stock mufflers are just average for that displacement.