SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:10 AM
RCAddiction
My Feedback: (87)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

ORIGINAL: Lazer

Wow, sure seems to be a lot of excitement about spending a lot of money to hover like a foamie.
Some of us like our toys a bit larger than foamies. And some of us prefer engines to sewing machines.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Balsawings

Have never Hovered, will never Hover. If it's got control surfaces large enough to 3D then it's not a pattern plane and I won't fly it. Some of us like REAL aerobatics.

Bob Cox
Old 06-28-2009, 09:21 AM
rmathews
My Feedback: (1)

Visited the CCRCC field to see Todd and his engine.His prototype engine with a
vess 18-6 prop flew his 11lb.+ aeroworks Yak54 with ease,unlimited vertical and easly pulled out of a hover.Smooth running with little vibration at idle.I was much impressed.Todd's Dad had a 1718 lb. Cub with a production engine but didn't fly due to a bad ignition module.Due to an Opps the prototype will be in a H9 P51 this comming week and I hope to get back and see it fly.Can't hardly wait to get my engine! Rich
Old 06-28-2009, 11:49 AM
RC11
My Feedback: (7)

Hey guys'
Where can I see the video?
RC11
Old 06-29-2009, 10:56 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: DamonR

I videoed Todd flying one of his prototype engines at our field in Farmington CT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgr1Wi-OrUo

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgr1Wi-OrUo[/youtube]

Here you go.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:39 AM
R-Wells

ORIGINAL: Balsawings

Have never Hovered, will never Hover. If it's got control surfaces large enough to 3D then it's not a pattern plane and I won't fly it. Some of us like REAL aerobatics.

Bob Cox
You did mean LIMITED Aerobatics right?
Old 07-02-2009, 07:20 AM
GeraldRosebery
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: Rcpilot

$429 for a 30cc engine?

[sm=lol.gif]

Good luck with that...............

True, but you can buy Chinese garbage 26-28 cc engines or you can buy something made in the USA that will run beautifully and last a LONG time. I saw this engine at Joe Nall and it is a gem. It uses only a Chinese RXEL ignition. I am looking forward to getting one when they become available.

Gerry Rosebery
Old 07-02-2009, 07:49 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: GeraldRosebery

ORIGINAL: Rcpilot

$429 for a 30cc engine?

[sm=lol.gif]

Good luck with that...............

True, but you can buy Chinese garbage 26-28 cc engines or you can buy something made in the USA that will run beautifully and last a LONG time. I saw this engine at Joe Nall and it is a gem. It uses only a Chinese RXEL ignition. I am looking forward to getting one when they become available.

Gerry Rosebery

DA sells their 50 for $700 with a muffler so $429 for a 30cc is not bad at all.
Old 07-02-2009, 07:53 AM
RC11
My Feedback: (7)

I don't really get into hovering either, maybe because I don't have much luck with it, But it is an excellent guage to see if an aiplpane and engine combo will(pull it's pwn weight). The "Holy Grail" to me is power to weight.As soon as I get my impatient hands on one of these motors I will post tach readings for props run on the OS160 and OS140. This will give you something to go by. Every airplane,engine and prop combo is different then with all the variables there is still the human element and personal taste.
Soon we will have real numbers'
RC11
Old 07-02-2009, 08:26 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Another good gauge for engine power/thrust is to pull a long vertical from down low....starting from almost a stall speed. If it accelerates and gets up to a good speed after a 100 feet or so you have good power. I like fast verticals myself.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Syssa Aircraft

Joe...you will love this engine on a 12 pound plane then...
I typically do that for demos so people can see how much pulling power it has.

Actually, the SAP180HP will pull an 11 pound yak off the ground in about 8 feet...then straight up...
Old 07-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Kema

$429 is only about 300 eur

Oh, wait! When it comes to European distributor that always has his market protected it suddenly costs 500 eur and we still order our engines from China...

I have had too many of these incidents:
-Trying to order Brillelli+EF combo -> only for USA customers cause of European distributor(EU distributor went broke, wonder why...)
-Order MVVS from UK -> UK dealers only sell to UK customers cause of market protection(illegal in EU)
-Ordering MVVS from Europe to USA and sending it back to Europe is actually cheaper than gettin it straight from EU.(avoid taxes)

Because of these kind of protectionistic barriers Chinise get our money and laugh their asses off.

Sorry about offtopic
Old 07-02-2009, 10:05 AM
CastorTroy2150
My Feedback: (10)

I am sure that I will be more then impressed by this engine...but I have a few opinions on the subject I would like to share.
1. This engine will undoubtedly be a gem...however the price does seem high to me but you do pay for what you get...but then again...I would like to see someone contribute back to the rc community at a head spinning rate...say 300.00..can't tell me a profit wouldn't be made and there would be a TON more people buying that would take up the gap in cost ratio.
2. This whole "China Crap" mentality...do most of you realize that 90% of everything you own is this so-called china crap...and how often do you complin about that? Do you complain about china crap when you use you China made toothbrush,TV,Car, lamp,table, and clothes? It has its place and while many knock it, and I don't want to go into politics and economics but it caters to those of use who don't have that kind of money. And like it or not...there ARE some good quality China made motors out there...I could fly almost 4 planes on a Turnigy 52cc at this engines price...do they break,yeah sometimes, but that's 4 engines. Maybe we should consider that its all OUR fault outsourcing has taken over...Americans demand big fast expensive salaries to pay for their big fast expensive stuff...while some little China guy will take what he needs to survive..if America would lower its standards for what it "needs" which really translates into what we want...more jobs and cheaper prices IMHO. Don't get me wrong I will have me one of these, because I too love .American made. Just some food for though.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:33 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There's been a couple replies removed again because of people wanting to talk politics and marketing strategies and not about the actual subject of the original post.

Stick to the Syssa 30 engine
Old 07-02-2009, 07:49 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

When I get mine I won't post anything. I'll fly it and enjoy it. I'll have fun with it and I might say I like it when I'm talking about it. I love a good dependable engine, that's why I usually buy Saito motors for smaller birds. They are more expensive but very dependable and plenty of power. I see the Syssa engine being a similar situation only it's with a gas engine. I've always been a no-frills RC'er, If a prop doesn't work I play with it, fiddle around with the bite and diameter, see what works. Any plane I keep long-term is dialed in right and all I can say is it flies SWEEET. I'm looking forward to that with this engine. Dependability keeps it simple, who can ask for more?

Jim
Old 07-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Tony Gag Jr.
My Feedback: (124)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Todd,
Hey man, good to see this engine is in production!! I have been flying with Todd for a number of years now and I can tell you that he has done his homework on this engine. He has done tons of testing to get this right. He is a super stand up guy and this engine really performs! Hope to see you at the field soon and see this engine in your Mustang.

Later,
Tony Gagliardi Jr.
Old 07-03-2009, 05:35 AM
Syssa Aircraft

hey Tony...thanks! hope things are good with you and your family! Things are busy here to say the least!

The stang might fly this weekend! We will see! I'll have videos!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:23 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

All that tough product testing.... it's just tearing right into your July 4th weekend here. The sacrifices.....

Jim
Old 07-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Syssa Aircraft

lol..
Old 07-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Syssa Aircraft

The web site is getting redone with a nice shopping cart. It will be ready soon...I'll post a notice here when the new web site is up and running. On the website everyone will be able to spec out their engine. It will be user friendly and fast....we promise!
Old 07-03-2009, 08:59 PM
super_nova

How much space do you need in the cowling, from firewall to cowl opening, for this engine?
Old 07-04-2009, 06:19 AM
Syssa Aircraft

If you open up a hole for the carb you can get down to 5.2" easily. It can be less as long as the muffler clears. I'll have some mounting dimensions soon. What plane were you thinking about?
Old 07-04-2009, 10:56 AM
super_nova

ORIGINAL: tsyssa

If you open up a hole for the carb you can get down to 5.2'' easily. It can be less as long as the muffler clears. I'll have some mounting dimensions soon. What plane were you thinking about?
I was talking with you about this over email. I'm really interested in the new 78" Extra from Extreme Flight. I just wish they would update us on its status. In the meantime, while I try to force myself to wait for that one, I've been eyeing the Fliton Extra 330s 120C. You can see a build thread with pictures started on it here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_88...tm.htm#8860507

Whatever plane I decide to go with, I'm thinking I'll be getting your canister setup for it as well. Here are some pictures I found of the Fliton Extra with an Evolution 26 and tuned pipe. Looks like there may be enough room for a canister:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...0/DSCF1230.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...g?t=1246671667
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...0/DSCF1227.jpg
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j7...0/DSCF1237.jpg

If I didn't open up a hole for the carb, what length are we taking about?
Old 07-04-2009, 11:26 PM
bcchi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ignition is an RCEXL...they are very, very reliable...and work very well...just ask anyone in the know. RCEXL is the ignition to use for singles and twins.
Hello Todd,
The RCEXL is a very fine ignition or I would not be selling them.RCEXL cloned the best ignition he could find and that was our C&H.He even used a couple of placebo parts.Now I am buying them back from them. How dumb is that. We have sold about 3000 of them and they have been very good. RCEXL does make some changes for us.
I will send you one of my CHXL Ignitions,I build them here in Riverton Wyoming. USA I use some RCEXL parts and RCXL case. I build and double solder the Ignition circuit boards also use Pic 16 timing processor not the Pic 12. The pic 16 was used in our famous Syncro Spark timing control,no I did not design it or do the program for it,My in house build ignition weights about 1 1/5 oz less then the RCEXL and is repairable.Does fine on one Li Poli,I use 1000,1200 MA triple AAA.
I will buy one of your engines when you are caught up on orders.Should be just right for a light weight Road Runner.
BCCHI -AMA 2500
Gas all the way.
This is not my first Rodeo
Old 07-07-2009, 08:44 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

It will be on the website soon...but I will email you one...

send me an email...not a PM...and will get one back to you with an attached file GIF of the layout.

Both of those planes will be hot puppies with this engine. That Mustang will be quite quick!

I sent you the e-mail and got back this response, no attachment:

If any engine will fit without cowl cutting, it will be ours!

Thanks and take care,
Todd Syssa

Syssa Aircraft Performance
360 Captain Lewis Drive
Southington, CT 06489

Guess I'll just wait for it to show up on the website.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.