Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 08:12 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

thats me a no brainer committed to the KISS theory ..thanks..
Old 07-11-2010, 08:13 AM
ol_seabee

I guess what made me post that was the thought of running 2 stroke oil at 1.25oz per gallon of gasoline[&:]

2.5oz per 2 gallons .. 100/1

You lucky they don't have parents

I mean by the time the oil runs down the side of your measuring container, how much oil really made it into the gas

It's not for everyone imo

There's a fella I know at the field and the best advice I could give him is,, well, I can't even say it here.. but I stopped "helping" him []

"program his radio" "drill his props" check his cg, break in his engine? prop? etc. etc... topped off with "I don't use the internet"... "waste of time"

Old 07-11-2010, 08:17 AM
ol_seabee

ORIGINAL: cloudancer03

thats me a no brainer committed to the KISS theory ..thanks..
"Kiss" stands for "keep it simple and safe"
Old 07-11-2010, 08:23 AM
Gungadin

Antique

"GHQ" stands for "Gosh How Quiet", cause none could get them to run.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:37 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

MTK,

You have mentioned most all the things I might have guessed, so how about a blocked vent line. Anyway maybe it's time to take us all out of our misery and spill the beans.

Karol
Old 07-11-2010, 09:15 AM
mglavin
My Feedback: (31)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about throttle trim or some TX function with regard to throttle and "engine kill function"?

Maybe something to do with choke, did you verify the linkage was actually rotating the choke butterfly as you mentioned tinkering with same?
Old 07-11-2010, 10:27 AM
rmathews
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Gungadin

Antique

''GHQ'' stands for ''Gosh How Quiet'', cause none could get them to run.
I still have a GHQ,has compression,not as good as SAP180,but might run or walk!My vote is the Super Cyclone,great old sparker.Rich
Old 07-11-2010, 11:24 AM
GLRogers
My Feedback: (2)

MTK
I would say that your timing somehow slipped and got way off? Or a clogged fuel filter?
Old 07-11-2010, 11:28 AM
MTK

ORIGINAL: karolh

MTK,

You have mentioned most all the things I might have guessed, so how about a blocked vent line. Anyway maybe it's time to take us all out of our misery and spill the beans.

Karol
Karol, this was my answer in the pattern thread where we speak of using the engine in much higher performance demand application. Someone, Joystick I think, almost guessed it but gave up too quickly.

The carb is waaaay down in the engine compartment which makes it hard to see the details and a little hard to reach; it's dark down there. Apparently when I installed the clevis I didn't snap it closed like I thought. It worked it's way completely off the arm. My plane has no cowl that makes it easy to access the carb...I have to access it from the top and the adjustment screws are fish and find through the fuse. Kind of a pain but manageable

The coned end screw that adjusts low throttle had been removed to avoid servo overtravel or binding. With no back stop so to speak, and clevis to hold the position, throttle would spring closed practically fully.

The big clue to me should have come when I flushed the "flooded" engine....I expected it to gush out fuel but only a few drops fell out. Choking did nothing since the thottle wasn't opened in reality. Practically no fuel was drawn. The other clue came when turning the engine over by hand; I could feel the bump but it was weak, like it had no fuel mix.

Bravo DaveL...you got the answer

Point is check the really obvious stuff first, even the stuff you are sure you didn't screw up. How many times have I connected and disconnected the throttle clevis in the last 7 months? At least a couple dozen

Thanks for playing
Old 07-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Antique
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: rmathews

ORIGINAL: Gungadin

Antique

''GHQ'' stands for ''Gosh How Quiet'', cause none could get them to run.
I still have a GHQ,has compression,not as good as SAP180,but might run or walk!My vote is the Super Cyclone,great old sparker.Rich
GHQs were made to run clockwise if you ever try to run it...
Old 07-11-2010, 12:45 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: MTK

ORIGINAL: karolh

MTK,

Karol
Karol, this was my answer in the pattern thread where we speak of using the engine in much higher performance demand application. Someone, Joystick I think, almost guessed it but gave up too quickly.

The carb is waaaay down in the engine compartment which makes it hard to see the details and a little hard to reach; it's dark down there. Apparently when I installed the clevis I didn't snap it closed like I thought. It worked it's way completely off the arm. My plane has no cowl that makes it easy to access the carb...I have to access it from the top and the adjustment screws are fish and find through the fuse. Kind of a pain but manageable

The coned end screw that adjusts low throttle had been removed to avoid servo overtravel or binding. With no back stop so to speak, and clevis to hold the position, throttle would spring closed practically fully.

The big clue to me should have come when I flushed the "flooded" engine....I expected it to gush out fuel but only a few drops fell out. Choking did nothing since the thottle wasn't opened in reality. Practically no fuel was drawn. The other clue came when turning the engine over by hand; I could feel the bump but it was weak, like it had no fuel mix.

Bravo DaveL...you got the answer

Point is check the really obvious stuff first, even the stuff you are sure you didn't screw up. How many times have I connected and disconnected the throttle clevis in the last 7 months? At least a couple dozen

Thanks for playing
<hr />
The carb is waaaay down in the engine compartment which makes it hard to see the details and a little hard to reach; it's dark down there. Apparently when I installed the clevis I didn't snap it closed like I thought. It worked it's way completely off the arm.
<hr />
Hey...I posted the correct answer first..... I believe Capt,n Post #3055

Old 07-11-2010, 04:39 PM
ralphp
My Feedback: (6)

I'm sure that this is posted somewhere in the blogs, but to save time I would like to know what the prop of choice seems to be for the Syssa. I was using a Zinger 18-6 and unfortunately it got broke so I used what I had, a 18-8-14. Now I seem to have lost the RPM . Living in rural eastern Montana I can't just go down to a local hobby shop so before I order one I would like some feed back.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:41 PM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: ralphp

I'm sure that this is posted somewhere in the blogs, but to save time I would like to know what the prop of choice seems to be for the Syssa. I was using a Zinger 18-6 and unfortunately it got broke so I used what I had, a 18-8-14. Now I seem to have lost the RPM . Living in rural eastern Montana I can't just go down to a local hobby shop so before I order one I would like some feed back.
Vess 18X6 and Vess 18.5X5.5
Old 07-11-2010, 05:02 PM
MTK

Yup...you did and I missed it

You win...Bravo!!
Old 07-11-2010, 06:08 PM
Joystick TX

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: ralphp

IMO the Vess 18x6 would be great on your U-Stick. You will notice a big difference in performance over the Zinger which is what I used for break-in. I live in Fort Worth and it is still hard to find exactly what I want on the shelf. Local shops just can't carry it all. I will say that our HS's are great about ordering things and getting them in fast. Judging by your fleet, you may not be happy with the Vess 18x8, unless you have a need for speed that is not obvious.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:27 PM
bigben
My Feedback: (24)

I happen to have found an 18*6 Mejzlik and it runs at 9,000 RPM and works good on my plane. This with the silence plugs in the standard exhaust.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:08 PM
RPool

I didn't think the 18.5 x 5.5 was available to non-VIPs (yet?).
Old 07-12-2010, 07:25 AM
cloudancer03

went to vess found just 18x6.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:25 PM
cmoulder

ORIGINAL: ol_seabee

I paid ~$1200 for my 3w 100 13 years ago and $1500 for my 3w 150 11 years ago and $319 for my DLE 30 1 year ago

My DLE 30cc does everything my other 2 gassers do and any ''problems'' barely worth mention

runs perfect imo

The DLE30 performs VERY SIMILAR to my larger 3ws

Love it and will buy a DLE55 next (soon) followed by DLE30 again and then DLE55 again

That's my projected plan

2 each DLE 30 and 55 is all I need

It's nice to have the larger gassers for occasional extraordinary ''show''

''hey, 10 foot wingspan'' lol

honest opinion
Has anybody got a 2-meter pattern plane set up and flying with a DLE 30?

Just asking, I haven't heard of this. The Syssa's rear induction/rear exhaust configuration is what is needed for pattern.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:34 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: RPool

I didn't think the 18.5 x 5.5 was available to non-VIPs (yet?).
He asked what the prop of choice was...
Old 07-12-2010, 01:36 PM
RPool

That's just downright dirty!
Old 07-12-2010, 01:43 PM
50%plane

ORIGINAL: RPool

That's just downright dirty!

hehe.... My guess is that he will be glad to know that next time he needs to get a new prop.....
Old 07-12-2010, 02:56 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

The dual pitch props never worked for me. They fly like the high number period!

I've seen them laying around on the table at the field and no one would steal it.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:03 PM
cloudancer03

I believe 3dhobby is going to release a pattern called Osiris..andy jesky is spear heading that for ben fisher of 3dhobby.looks like a great pattern ship if thats what you like.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:35 AM
Joystick TX

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Joystick TX

I am only running a Vess 18x6 because that was the ''best'' general purpose prop, recommended by Todd for the SAP, at the time I got my engine. . . . . . . Anyway, the Vess worked a little better for me than the Zinger 18x6 plus I like the looks of it and the balance is right on.
I looked up the numbers I had recorded on the Vess vs. Zinger. On the ground, I had a "solid" 300 RPM increase with the Vess. I guess the Zinger is not exactly a "paint stick" after all. Seemed like the "braking effect" on the Vess was much better; I did not notice a big increase in vertical performance because at that time I was not looking for it. With my sloth like reflexes, I may not be able to detect the subtle differences between the two props.

Some day when the winds are calm and I am bored with flying, I may test all three props to see if I can detect any major differences in flight. Yes, I will test them one at a time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.