Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 227 of 243 FirstFirst ... 127177217225226227228229237 ... LastLast
Results 5,651 to 5,675 of 6068

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Happy days Jim!
    ULTRA SPORT BROTHERHOOD #120
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey, Andy! I knew you were out there, happily lurking!

~ Jim ~
    J.M. Surra, author of AERODYNAMIC and
    T.I.T.O.R. - In early July of 1947, something crashed in Roswell, New Mexico. . .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Happy days Jim!
    Hi Andy...I hope your getting more flying in than me. I have been too busy............... Capt,n
    I never met a engine I did not like !

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Why are you selling this beautiful engine?
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, we finally got it working great before he did. Once we got the problem figured out, he was able to tune it. As I recall, the gas system was drawing some air. If I have the correct engine.

Wish I'd known. I just bought a new one. This is a good buy (glances surreptitiously over his shoulder to see how closely the wife is watching him. It WOULD be Saturday!).

It even has the new muffler, I see.

Photo was taken today, so we're seeing it the way it is.

Jim
    T.I.T.O.R. - In early July of 1947, something crashed in Roswell, New Mexico. . .

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You know it! Sometimes lurking is just way to easy!

Glad to see you have your toys!

Andy
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Captn' not to much flying going on over here. Now it's getting colder, windy, and the days are getting short. I might just clean the basement, finish my half dozen unfinished planes, and start two new projects.

Kit built 30cc AMR Stick, and I want to build that 58" Tweplica.

Lots of cleaning though!

I think I'm going to pick up the new muffler for my Syssa.

Andy
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I picked them up for mine, too. Absolutely a must-have!

Got the triangle firewall backing plate too. Talk about a secure mount setup!

Approaching the new IBEC with a newbie's reluctance and fear. lol

It's justified. I mean, FIRST they made me learn how to stop that darn blinking 12:00 on my VCR, and now THIS....

The weather just dropped into the sixties for the first time this year here in San Antonio. Within the past hour. That means MY weather is coming! (Mainer boy, must have frost on stuff!) Exciting stuff!

~ Jim ~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JohnB96041

Why are you selling this beautiful engine?
    after playing with the Syssa I got the bug to go back to flying full scale. I do not have the time to do both so I sold the syssa and now I fly a Cessna 172. After keeping track of what I spend on scale RC equipment I know its cheaper for me to fly full scale.
    I had a Grumman AA5A that I sold 2 years ago due to the lack of use on my part I got busy with a new house. Now the house is all set up I have the time to go back to full scale aircraft.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hobbyman, I went the other way. It cost me over 3K a year for an average of 50 hours flying time with the full-scale a/c. An old Cessna150 and a Citabra were fairly cheap per hour, but the upkeep was pretty high. I get over 250 hours a year with the RC and it is way cheaper.
    Steve
    Check Six!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Joystick TX

Hobbyman, I went the other way. It cost me over 3K a year for an average of 50 hours flying time with the full-scale a/c. An old CessnaΒ*150 and a Citabra were fairly cheap per hour, but the upkeep was pretty high. I get over 250 hours a year with the RC and it is way cheaper.
    WOW, that a lot of flying. I try to go when ever the wind permits and I cant make that. Winter here in MN does slow the season down.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hobby man,

One thing I love about our weather here is the year round flying conditions. Since I retired, I like to fly three or four days a week,andmore during thesummer.I will be cutting back later this year since my volunteer work has been increasing. You do need to learn to fly in wind hereif you want to fly a lot. The Giant Super Sportster and the Ultra-Stickare great for that.I usuallydon't fly if the temp is below35 degrees. It takes me a few weeks every winter to get used to flying with gloves. I have little holes cut in the thumbs so I can feel the sticks. One good thing about our weather here is that if you wait a while it will change. It may be 30 one day and 70 the next.
    Steve
    Check Six!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Deandome

Gotta say, I'm getting very disappointed in the lack of customer service...and I don't even own a motor!

I've called probby a dozen different times over the last 3 weeks & left 2-3 polite messages asking for a return call because I had some questions.

No reply. So much for trying to talk myself into spending the extra $$ for this engine...DLE or PTE it is, I guess.

Feel your pain we are in the same boat still with Syssa. Got another couple of warranty to claims to sort out for customers and neither us or our customers can get a response at the moment.

One customer was waiting so long we ended up exchanging the Syssa for DLE-35RA (at our cost) to save the frustration.
    DL Engines and Hobby Australia

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That's kinda strange, I just talked to Todd during the week and have a few things on the way.

Andy
    GOLDBERG TIGER CLUB #10
    CLUB SAITO #590

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Must be selective hearing loss then for us and our customers then [&o]
    DL Engines and Hobby Australia

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gotta say, I'm getting very disappointed in the lack of customer service...and I don't even own a motor!

I've called probby a dozen different times over the last 3 weeks & left 2-3 polite messages asking for a return call because I had some questions.

No reply. So much for trying to talk myself into spending the extra $$ for this engine...DLE or PTE it is, I guess.

Sometimes it is hard to get in touch with Todd. At some point, his business will get to the point where he can have a full-time customer service department and all the hassels that go along with that. The engine is well worth the wait.

If you have some easy questions, we may be able to answer them here.

I just put a new Syssa engine on my Giant Super Sportster that I re-covered (details on the GSS forum). Anyway, I ran the engine on the ground for 30 min, no problems with starting, etc. Flew the re-maiden of the GSS today and got in 45 min of flying time with no deadsticks, etc. Only had one problem getting it started. On flight number 3, after five flips without a pop, I noticed that I forgot to turn the ignition switch back ON. I hate it when that happens. Duh.
    Steve
    Check Six!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Joystick TX

Sometimes it is hard to get in touch with Todd. At some point, his business will get to the point where he can have a full-time customer service department and all the hassels that go along with that. The engine is well worth the wait.

If you have some easy questions, we may be able to answer them here.

I just put a new Syssa engine on my Giant Super Sportster that I re-covered (details on the GSS forum). Anyway, I ran the engine on the ground for 30 min, no problems with starting, etc. Flew the re-maiden of the GSS today and got in 45 min of flying time with no deadsticks, etc. Only had one problem getting it started. On Β*flight number 3, after five flips without a pop, I noticed that I forgot to turn the ignition switch back ON. I hate it when that happens. Duh.
    Yep. I have seen people flip and flip trying to start a gasser even with the ignition switch on. Finally checked things out and discovered that they did not hook up ignition battery to switch. Double Duh.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

That stupid switch.....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just purchased a used 2 Meter pattern ship with a SAP180 on it after seeing it's AMAZING performance. That joker will accerate straight up with power to spare! And that wasn't the most amazing part, the throttle response that SAP180 has is simply amazing. I cannot wait to get my hands on her this coming weekend. That engine sounded and ran like a thing of beauty.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Giant_Scale_Gasser

I just purchased a used 2 Meter pattern ship with a SAP180 on it after seeing it's AMAZING performance. That joker will accerate straight up with power to spare! And that wasn't the most amazing part, the throttle response that SAP180 has is simply amazing. I cannot wait to get my hands on her this coming weekend. That engine sounded and ran like a thing of beauty.

GSG,

I resurrected a thread in the Pattern forum on the SAP180. It is a very long thread but has a wealth of info about the care and feeding of the SAP. In the early pages you should find a bunch of info on the Focus/SAP combo from Bob Moulder. Bob has the most experience with that combo so PM him and start a conversation
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Matt, would you be kind enough to post a link to the pattern forum. I'm interested in seeing if I can find something on my mid range miss.
    Thank You!
    Jim,
    WACO Brotherhood #3, AMA 816592, IMAA 41683,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Jim Henley

Matt, would you be kind enough to post a link to the pattern forum. I'm interested in seeing if I can find something on my mid range miss.
    Thank You!
    Jim,

If the SAP misses in the mid range it is too rich. Lean the LS needle about the width of the screwdriver at a time until you get rid of it. Also, fresh gasoline really helps alot. If it starts running a little hot, make certain you have good baffling around the fins first before richening again. The engine loves to rev so prop it accordingly, aiming for 8500 as your min rpm at full throttle.
    Regards,
    MattK
    (Rcmaster199@aol.com)

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You might try gapping the plug to .025 as well? For reasons I don't even care to know about, that wider gap seems to burn a rich mixture a little easier/better, often making a very noticable difference in the way a rich engine runs without affecting anything else. No downside. Makes the ideal LS adjustment a little easier to come by/more forgiving of being a hair off. I don't think the issue is limited to the SYSSA's either. Both of my 20's and my 30's used to do the same thing. My experience, FWIW, -Al