Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 228 of 243 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 6068

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Thank you Matt and Al, I will try your suggestions, I really like this engine so far, just trying to get it dialed in.
    Thanks again!
    Jim,
    WACO Brotherhood #3, AMA 816592, IMAA 41683,

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I have been all-electric for a while now and therefore have decided to sell the Syssa that I have had for a while.

It is a post-Woodruff-key and post-front-bearing issue version, available HERE.

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All,

Well, this is a complaint I am sorry to say. I want to love this engine, the way it runs and it's workmanship but I have struck some problems that should be easily rectified but I just cannot get any customer service. I have posted my latest (Friday) email to Todd below in the possibly vain hope that he reads this forum, that he cares about customer service, and that perhaps some of you have some kind of relationship with him and/or the company that can help me to understand what's going on. I have no doubt that the problem is that in a business sense they don't have quite enough volume to dedicate people to customer service/repairs as well as manufacture and innovate, and, at the same time, not enough volume and sales margin to move to a distributed business model where agents will deal with the sales and the repairs/warrant issues etc and as manufacturers they become wholesalers. It's a common problem in small businesses but it doesnt help my $1000 investment........ Any insight/news etc appreciated. I'm trying to stay polite and constructive but, at the end of the day, I'm a very good and loyal customer who is being ignored. Beej

Dear Todd,

It has been 6 weeks since i sent this and other emails but without a reply. Similarly, your distributor in Australia has sent recent emails without a reply. As you would know if you have read the other emails, currently, I have two SAP 180s performing below their best and in need of attention. My understanding from Scott (Australian Agent) is that you have offered to replace one of these with a V2 engine but I have received no estimate of when that engine may arrive. That still leaves the other engine requiring repair, and currently I'm not getting any flying done, and the end of November is rushing at us. How would you like to proceed? Do you want the engines sent back to you directly, or through Scott? Will they be replaced/repaired by Christmas? Your attention to this would be very much appreciated - with the purchase of the two engines and props, pipe mounts etc I have spent well over $1000 with you so I'm a pretty good customer so would appreciate some communication regarding the way forward.

best

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Beej

Hi All,

Well, this is a complaint I am sorry to say. I want to love this engine, the way it runs and it's workmanship but I have struck some problems that should be easily rectified but I just cannot get any customer service. I have posted my latest (Friday) email to Todd below in the possibly vain hope that he reads this forum, that he cares about customer service, and that perhaps some of you have some kind of relationship with him and/or the company that can help me to understand what's going on. I have no doubt that the problem is that in a business sense they don't have quite enough volume to dedicate people to customer service/repairs as well as manufacture and innovate, and, at the same time, not enough volume and sales margin to move to a distributed business model where agents will deal with the sales and the repairs/warrant issues etc and as manufacturers they become wholesalers. It's a common problem in small businesses but it doesnt help my $1000 investment........ Any insight/news etc appreciated. I'm trying to stay polite and constructive but, at the end of the day, I'm a very good and loyal customer who is being ignored. Beej

Dear Todd,

It has been 6 weeks since i sent this and other emails but without a reply. Similarly, your distributor in Australia has sent recent emails without a reply. As you would know if you have read the other emails, currently, I have two SAP 180s performing below their best and in need of attention. My understanding from Scott (Australian Agent) is that you have offered to replace one of these with a V2 engine but I have received no estimate of when that engine may arrive. That still leaves the other engine requiring repair, and currently I'm not getting any flying done, and the end of November is rushing at us. How would you like to proceed? Do you want the engines sent back to you directly, or through Scott? Will they be replaced/repaired by Christmas? Your attention to this would be very much appreciated - with the purchase of the two engines and props, pipe mounts etc I have spent well over $1000 with you so I'm a pretty good customer so would appreciate some communication regarding the way forward.

best
    Hi "Beej"

I still have had not a response from Todd since the email where he said he will be replacing the engine with the v2 but did not answer any of the other qns. I have asked if he wants them sent back now or should I wait and also asked for approx time frames to give you. As you know this has been going since early September. And again nil responses to any emails asking what to do next.

It is not a spam filter thing or anything that some people here have suggested because we are in Australia (figure that one out?) as when he is live and on air I get the emails without a problem. It can only be a Spam filter problem if the emails are sent in the first place.

Send the Syssa engines to me and I will ship them back to Todd with the other one I have waiting here, and we can just hope and wait for Todd to get them sorted. I would just prefer to get a confirmation email along the lines of "Yes send them to us please" so we can have some confidence we are not just sending them into the Abyss.

He has always... eventually sorted things out, but the 6 month turn around is frustrating.

Ive been asking for confirmation of stock of other items from them before I place an order (chicken sticks etc), and get no response to these emails either.

It is a shame his service has gone down the tube, as when when started out selling these in Australia the support we got from the Syssa Factory/Todd was great. I hope that they can get themselves sorted and be back to the service that they provided in 2011. We have sold a reasonable amount of these engines over here, and for the most part people have been very happy with them.

Scott
    DL Engines Australia
    www.dlenginesaustralia.com

DL Engines and Hobby Australia

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

attempting to make Contact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I having the same and still have not been able to communicate with Todd at
    SyssaAircraft. I have call the Greater Meriden Chamber, who he is a member of and the lady I talked to seam to know him well and said she would pass along the message to him, still no response!!! So, I than call the Meriden police and they took all the info and would call back, still no answers.
    My credit card has been charge for a little under six hundred dollars. Don't get me wrong guys, I still want the motor and all the goodies, BUT, the next step is to call my credit card company and file a report in an attempt to get a full refund for the paid amount.
    Have been very patient, and need to hear from Todd or anyone fromSyssaAircraft, If by chance anyone here on this forum knows Todd are can make contact with him orSyssaAircraft, I ask for your HELP!!!!! Please have him call!!!
    John Benavides at 847-309-4634 Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello Guys and girls,
    Has anyone had any contact with Syssa? Or recieved an engine? I've left maybe 3 messages when the mailbox isn't full and still have heard nothing. I "ordered" mine on Oct. 6th. I know other people have waited a couple months to get their motor. Now I'm starting to worry [] I guess I'm just looking for some reasurance that sometime it'll show up. Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: kfla

Hello Guys and girls,
    Has anyone had any contact with Syssa? Or recieved an engine? I've left maybe 3 messages when the mailbox isn't full and still have heard nothing. I ''ordered'' mine on Oct. 6th. I know other people have waited a couple months to get their motor. Now I'm starting to worry [] I guess I'm just looking for some reasurance that sometime it'll show up. Thanks
    I was worried about my engine after ordering it and several people on this forum told me to be patient. Sure enough I got my engine, but the wait was long and well worth it. I would give them another 2-3 weeks.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks John That makes me feel alittle better! How do you like yours? I'm going to put mine in a hanger nine futana f-90 (old school). I pulled my saito 180 out to put this in.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks John That makes me feel alittle better! How do you like yours? I'm going to put mine in a hanger nine futana f-90 (old school). I pulled my saito 180 out to put this in.
    I love my SAP 180. I have it in the Funtana 125. Using the DX8, AR8000 rec, TM1000 Telemetry and all available devices (head temp, battery power, air speed, altitude, g-force, GPS). Also have a Funtana 125 with Saito 1.25 engine, Funtana x100 with Saito 125, and the Funtana S90 with a Saito 1.25. I guess I love the Funtana models. Others are the Spacewalker II with Saito 1.80, Sig Somethin Extra with Saito .82a, Christen Eagle with Saito 3.00 twin, Edge 540 with Saito 1.80, 2 J3-Cubs, one with Saito .90 Twin the other with O.S. 91, Spacewalker I with O.S. .19. A Slowpoke with O.S. .52, LT-25 and LT-40 and Senorita with no engines at this time. Now looking at the H9 1/4 Scale PA-18 Super Cub and will put another SAP 180 in it.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW!!! John, and my wife thought I have alot of planes and engines. I've got a NIB x-100 to replace the f-90 and I'll buy the 125 when I need a new "backup" plane (I like to have a few in the box just incase ). I also love the funtanas (I have a X-50 I fly alot and a NIB backup). Did you have to do much to get the SAP 180 in your funtana?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Main operation was to re-inforce the motor box with triangle blocks and tooth pick pins and then use the template to relocate the 3 engine standoffs. Also had to cut out fire wall for carb using the SAP template. Also cut out the bottom of the cowl for head. Mine balanced right on the center of the balance point. I will say that I have too large of a fuel tank for a gasser. I have a 16 oz tank and could get by with a 10 oz tank. That would change the balance point a little. Also beefed up the main landing gear mounting. I think my Funtana 125 with the Saito engine weighs in at 8.5 lbs. The one with the SAP180 weights in at 9.75 lbs but flys better with the extra weight. Goes through the wind here in Oklahoma better.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Sounds good! Thanks John. I can't wait to get mine.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ijust my Syssa back from Todd (my 2nd Syssa) today! Good Ilove this motor, and it is well worth the wait!Ihave 2 3DHSVelox's built the exact same way! Flying low is hard on planes sometimes

Bob

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bob418

IÂ*just my Syssa back from Todd (my 2nd Syssa)Â* today!Â* Good IÂ*love this motor, and it is well worth the wait!Â*Â*IÂ*have 2 3DHSÂ*Velox's built the exact same way!Â* Flying low is hard on planes sometimes

Bob
    What was the total time from time sent till you got the motor back?
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JohnB96041

ORIGINAL: bob418

Ijust my Syssa back from Todd (my 2nd Syssa) today! Good Ilove this motor, and it is well worth the wait!Ihave 2 3DHSVelox's built the exact same way! Flying low is hard on planes sometimes

Bob
    What was the total time from time sent till you got the motor back?

About a month, let them know I was in no hurry for getting the motor back due to winter

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

that seems like a real good turn around. Others on this site seem to be concerned about not getting any service.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just checked Google Earth and the address (Syssa Aircraft Performance
    772 North Colony Road
    Meriden, CT 06450)
    seems to be a residence rather that a factory/shop. Is this true?
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Syssa has always been good to me,  I am not sure about the address, but I know he was building hundereds at a time, so this is not a litlle basement opertations that is for sure.    I love this motor and any wait is well worth the time. 

But the nice thing about Syssa, it is built by a few guys that love the hobby and it's Made in America"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The address used to come up as a metal building in a industrial park.

But now it is a condo or apartment.
    Attended the CutFinger Institute of DirtNap University for years but never did graduate....
    Recipient, Mangledhand award August 2008
    Club Saito Member #7
    Original AMA #31261

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: w8ye

The address used to come up as a metal building in a industrial park.

But now it is a condo or apartment.
    Yep. That is what I am getting. Something screwy either with Google Earth/Maps.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Try Mapquest.com. It takes you to a large building more like what Google Earth did several months ago.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Was there in Sept. Sur e is a factory.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw68052.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	1828974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yt62356.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	109.7 KB 
ID:	1828975  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just received my repaired engine today. Took 111 days total. Not a great turn-around time, but at least someone is at the factory doing repairs. Have not heard or seen any posts from Todd for quite a while.

Got over 50 flights on the engine I received Oct 17th. It is well broken in and running great.

Thanks to a tip on here about "missing in the mid-range" being due to a rich mixture I have it adjusted and it purrs like a Merlin V-12.

Steve
    Check Six!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Merry Christmas: Glad you have it back.
    John
    AMA 615755

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It is nice to have it back, now I need to finish my "Bell Hop", been working on it, sort of, for way too long. I though having the engine for it would give me some incentive to get busy on it again.

Steve
    Check Six!

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.