Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 09:44 PM
rwj146
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

I have a Sig Kadet Sr as my trainer and so far I haven't made kindling out of it.... Yet. It has a Saito .72 in it and is a gentle flying plane. I may get with one of the experienced builders at my club and see if he can convert the Tiger to a taildragger. Probably not too hard to do but for a newbie like me it would be a chore. Thanks to all for the responses.. Bob
Old 10-14-2009, 10:01 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Bob,

Just buy a Fults nose gear for the Tiger if you don't want to convert it. They work great. Tail draggers and trikes are both fun. The only real drawback to a trike is taxiing in a tail wind or cross wind. Sometimes the wind will get under the wing and try to tip the plane on a wingtip and nose.

Not looking like the pdf will be ready before midnight.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:05 PM
PlaneKrazee

ORIGINAL: tsyssa

Manual will be ready by the end of today.

???
Old 10-15-2009, 03:42 AM
RC11
My Feedback: (7)

Todd,
The pattern people are still waiting for a viable option to the expensive 4strokes with $30 a gallon fuel. Someone needs to give some info on pattern props please. The benchmark prop would probably be the 18.1x10 APC.Big 2 stroke glow motors have a less than desireable throttle curve.How does your offering stack up?
RC
Old 10-15-2009, 04:44 AM
RCplanman
My Feedback: (16)

PlaneKrazee, I just found this thread -whats the price of this 30cc please. Thanks
Old 10-15-2009, 06:10 AM
PlaneKrazee

ORIGINAL: RCplanman

PlaneKrazee, I just found this thread -whats the price of this 30cc please. Thanks
$452.35 including shipping and exhaust inserts.
Old 10-15-2009, 06:12 AM
50%plane
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: RC11

Todd,
The pattern people are still waiting for a viable option to the expensive 4strokes with $30 a gallon fuel. Someone needs to give some info on pattern props please. The benchmark prop would probably be the 18.1x10 APC.Big 2 stroke glow motors have a less than desireable throttle curve.How does your offering stack up?
RC
ExtremeFlightRC very interested in this motor for their Vanquish. I'm sure they will do extensive testing.

flying
giants.com/forums/909254-post269.html
Old 10-15-2009, 06:30 AM
Syssa Aircraft

Did not finish the manual last night...but early today...

I did not forget about the pattern guys. Will do the testing on an 18x10 prop maybe today...

The throttle curve is quite linear.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RC11

Todd,
RC
I think a lot of these questions, all extensions of what is going on here....will be answered as soon as Todd has been able to finish the shipping of these several hundred engines in the first batch. He's got the manual to finish as an extra assignment right now....He'll get the other questions answered ASAP... Give him a little breathing space. This is a part of being in on the first release of a brand new engine.

I'm waiting for my engine, but I know it's coming, and so are all the answers to all the questions...

By the way, guys, great photos so far of the ones that have been received out there. VERY inspiring. You're WAY faster than I am, I'll be staring at mine for a month before I mount it. That's just me...

Jimbo
Old 10-15-2009, 07:13 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

You're a machine, Todd! I'd be dead of exhaustion right now in your shoes!

Jimbo
Old 10-15-2009, 07:26 AM
PlaneKrazee

TSP,

Going for brownie points? You're already going to get your engine shortly before me.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:06 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: PlaneKrazee

TSP,

Going for brownie points? You're already going to get your engine shortly before me.
No, I really don't know how he does it. Look at his posts, the time on them. I need sleep every night, I couldn't handle this, at least, not at my present age. Were I younger, I'd be the same way, I guess....

But yeah, I'll take brownie points....I usually don't get any in RCU, I usually get the OTHER kind....penalty points....

Feel free to give me points, folks! Down there on the right....yeah, right there, rate my post...5 points will do...that's it...

LOL

Jimbo
Old 10-15-2009, 08:34 AM
PlaneKrazee

How soon will the next batch be shipping?
Old 10-15-2009, 11:49 AM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Day two after Syssa 30's have been arriving to the lucky new homes, I still have not found one for sell in RCU or Ebay! Quit the job and have been manning the computer for two days afraid to leave it incase one comes up! growing tired very tired! need coffee but afraid to leave my post, tired so very tired!
Old 10-15-2009, 11:52 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

:-(

Too bad.

BUT! :-) I'll sell you mine for just 700 dollars! Happy Day, you can go Back To WORK!

And I, uh, guess I'll be needing another if this goes through, T.....

LOL

Jimbo
Old 10-15-2009, 02:10 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: TexasSkyPilot

TSP,

No, I really don't know how he does it. Look at his posts, the time on them. I need sleep every night, I couldn't handle this, at least, not at my present age. Were I younger, I'd be the same way, I guess....

But yeah, I'll take brownie points....I usually don't get any in RCU, I usually get the OTHER kind....penalty points....

Feel free to give me points, folks! Down there on the right....yeah, right there, rate my post...5 points will do...that's it...

LOL

Jimbo
Lucky you, how did you ever get to 300 plus points bro. I guess someone out there really likes you, or maybe it's just that what I post tickles no one's fancy as I've been stuck on 100 since when

Karol
Old 10-15-2009, 02:24 PM
arobatx

...the post rating system went unnoticed by me, until you guys started talking about it recently [:-]
Old 10-15-2009, 02:41 PM
faras

So guys I think there is a quality issue. I bought a chinese 50 cc engine for my Giant P-51. Twice the engine quit and cost me ripped landing gears. Also the carb mount is machined wrong so when after a few retightenings//Craaaaaack. I think if this engine has quality and it is made in USA then we should definitely buy it. As one of my fellow flyer said,"You get what you pay for".

I hope this all american company does well and all of us support it. In my opinion if two engines are equal then I but American.

Good Luck!
Old 10-15-2009, 02:48 PM
ispirit99

Good post! You get MY 5 STAR's! I have followed this thread from the start and some of the post make me wonder!I respect what Todd is doing. It's easy to shoot off E-Mails. It's way harder to develope, manufacture and do all the other things needed to get a new, quality product out to the public. I can wait because from what I have seen so far, the wait will be worth it. Todd, you have my RESPECT and SUPPORT. Watch your health and stress level Bud.
Old 10-15-2009, 03:46 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Made in USA I like it !! I am a pretty firm believer in you get what you pay for. Even when guys start comparing to the lower priced DLE @ 310.00 plus shipping add the following and the price gets really close.

Pitts muffler , will cost from 60.00 - 80.00
Stand offs with bolts if needed. 15.00 - 25.00
Ignition switch 12.00 - 15.00

That DLE is starting to loose its value at this point. Then performance wise , its hard to get good power out of the smaller class engines that are priced lower.

I think this should be a real winner !!! Seeing that Todd lives on US soil and builds these in the US I consider him a neighbor, and I like to try to support my friends and neighbors.

Andy
Old 10-15-2009, 04:06 PM
rmathews
My Feedback: (1)

Your 100 persent correct Andy,made in USA and priced so close to foreign engines how can you go wrong.Will be visiting Todd tomorrow to pickup my little gem. Rich
Old 10-15-2009, 04:55 PM
RickyBoy48

Say Hi
Old 10-15-2009, 06:51 PM
PlaneKrazee

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Made in USA I like it !! I am a pretty firm believer in you get what you pay for. Even when guys start comparing to the lower priced DLE @ 310.00 plus shipping add the following and the price gets really close.

That DLE is starting to loose its value at this point. Then performance wise , its hard to get good power out of the smaller class engines that are priced lower.

I think this should be a real winner !!! Seeing that Todd lives on US soil and builds these in the US I consider him a neighbor, and I like to try to support my friends and neighbors.

Andy
Hi Andy,

While I agree the performance is down on other smaller gas engines, the DLE is proven to spin a 18X6 @ 9000 rpm and 8400 rpm on a Menz 18X8 with stock exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOQ7E...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qOcF...eature=related

I hope my SAP will do as well. Really wish Todd had posted a video or two of the engine like he said he would back in August.

Who buys made in the usa kits, arfs and radios? I used to buy Goldberg, Kraft, FMA (receivers) and wish I still could. Sig is hanging by a thread, only specialty companies can hang.

BTW, really not a pitts muffler more of a chin muffler, but I can make my own header and muffler.

Best regards,

Brian
Old 10-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Checklst

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

Andy
Hi Andy,

While I agree the performance is down on other smaller gas engines, the DLE is proven to spin a 18X6 @ 9000 rpm and 8400 rpm on a Menz 18X8 with stock exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOQ7E...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0qOcF...eature=related

I hope my SAP will do as well. Really wish Todd had posted a video or two of the engine like he said he would back in August.

Who buys made in the usa kits, arfs and radios? I wish I still could. Sig is hanging by a thread, only specialty companies can hang.

BTW, really not a pitts muffler more of a chin muffler, but I can make my own header and muffler.

Best regards,

Brian
Yakes!!!!!!! I love the performance of the dle but the first guy standing in front of a 9000rpm prop>>>>>>>>>>>>>just plain stupid.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:11 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brian,

Sorry , my post didn't quite come out as I wanted it to. I was actually counting the DLE as comparable , and all the other chinese engines not up to par. You are correct , it is hard to find a US built plane for your average user or radio.

Just Sad ...

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.