Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2010, 11:46 PM
MsgtRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

79 degrees in Southern California today!
Flew the #&$^% out of my DLE 55 on TWM GS extra.....

Still no SAP 180/ no reply to my request for a new shipping date. Dec 30 came and went...just like my $450.00.

Would be great to actually get my motor and contribute to the technical portions of this forum. The weather here is GREAT!!!

Old 01-03-2010, 07:57 AM
DamonR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd try flying today but it's beyond a matter of skill. It's 15 degrees, wind is blowing at 25 mph with gusts to 50 and it's snowing. Hope you get your engine soon, I was at the shop during the week, he's got a large batch of engines in progress.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: tsyssa

The left flap servo was moving up and down about 1/4''. This plane was bought already put together...just put the engine on it and a few mods were done to make things easier to work on...like the top forward sheeting was removed to make an access panel...my dad did a nice job on that! It was not even covered yet.

Too bad the new servo was going a bit crazy...all the rest of the servos were fine.
The plane weighs 7 pounds 9 ounces ready to fly with the SAP-180HP. Should be quite fun. Maybe I should try the ES pipe on it...no time to do that...
It will already have a 2.25:1 thrust to weight ratio...no need to make it over 3:1 right?

I did not realize it was a 60 size plane. OOPS! At any rate...the cg is perfect with no mods. The battery pack is right in the center of the plane too. What kind of engine did they expect you to put in here anyway?
Mine (identical) has a Saito 100 on it and it'll shoot straight up and up and up, it finally falls off somewhere right about when it gets out of sight, but it's got more than you'd ever need, almost TOO much when the land-gear is on it. I have mine on a really nice set of floats and it's like a speedboat with just that Saito 100 on it.

I cannot IMAGINE what the thing would do with the Syssa on it. WAY too much! Here comes Tim-the-Tool-Man Taylor....arrr, arrr, arrrrrr....MORE power, MORE power!!!!

Actually, the nose is quite heavy on this bird. By my estimate they should have located the wing at least a 1/2 to a full inch in front of where they have it. I placed my servos in the tray because I'm flying it on water, and I had to mount a 4000 mAh battery pack halfway down the tail for balance. Flies great and still flies light, even with the floats, so I really have to right to complain. So I guess it'll be just fine carrying the Syssa 30CC on it, plenty of wing and lift for that, probably no different than the load it carries with my floats. Hope it holds together with all the power.....
Old 01-03-2010, 10:45 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz

You are welcome !! The Dave Brown spinner nut is 5.99 if you want a jamb nut set up its the same as a Saito 1.00

Andy
I used the Saito 1.50 Double-jam nut set from Tru-Turn that will allow a cone to be used.... Best setup I've ever used, I've never kicked off or lost a prop with it.

This reminds me....Todd, is there a backrest insert that would allow the use of a cone backplate? I would think these deep cuts in the existing plate would be too aggressive and not work well with plastic and possibly aluminum, although I like its bite with my wood props.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:36 PM
rmathews
My Feedback: (1)

Texas Sky Pilot,I use an MPI alum. spinner & backplate on the SAP on a Funtana 125,three flights no problems with drive washers deep cuts.Rich
Old 01-03-2010, 07:37 PM
Hog78
My Feedback: (36)

ORIGINAL: MsgtRob

SAME HERE!
(Would like to get mine)
''Order Number 366.....and waiting
my order is 354 I will give it as long as it takes!!!
Old 01-03-2010, 07:48 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

366, 354....Those are VERY recent orders.......

Well, you guys can give it a week and then do what you like, but you're gonna be kicking yourself when your buddies with just a little more patience show up at the field with their Syssas while you're tooling around with a CRRC or SPE or DLE.... and they'll blow everybody away with the performance. All because you couldn't show a little patience.

Many of us waited well over 3 MONTHS to get ours. It's a brand-new engine, it's AMERICAN, and it's awesome. And Todd's delivery time is getting shorter and shorter all the time.

Trust us guys who have gotten them. They are worth the wait. The Christmas and New Years holidays are over now and it's back to work for us all, Todd included.

Already having mine, I know what you'll be kicking yourself over. All I can say is when that happens I hope you're wearing padded underwear because you'll be kicking yourself HARD....

These are NICE engines!!

Here's mine....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ur52483.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	1348719  
Old 01-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Hog78

I know they are nice! as I put a friends on my plane for testing. but I have to admit my hanger is pretty full and this was just going to try something new. And minds change. so I wont be kicking myself too hard. I like the fact that we now have a USA mostly made engine choice and it will (hopefully) look good next to my DA's. maybe it will be delivered this week as I was told.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:44 PM
Hog78

TSP, when you were running your Syssa when tuneing the high end could you get you engine to go burble rich IE> turn the needle out till the engine rpm drop off on the rich side, with my friends we could almost take the needle out and the rpm didnt change. allthough I did find the good tune spot. just a question thanks.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:08 PM
MsgtRob

ORIGINAL: TexasSkyPilot

366, 354....Those are VERY recent orders.......

Well, you guys can give it a week and then do what you like, but you're gonna be kicking yourself when your buddies with just a little more patience show up at the field with their Syssas while you're tooling around with a CRRC or SPE or DLE.... and they'll blow everybody away with the performance. All because you couldn't show a little patience.

Many of us waited well over 3 MONTHS to get ours. It's a brand-new engine, it's AMERICAN, and it's awesome. And Todd's delivery time is getting shorter and shorter all the time.

Trust us guys who have gotten them. They are worth the wait. The Christmas and New Years holidays are over now and it's back to work for us all, Todd included.

Already having mine, I know what you'll be kicking yourself over. All I can say is when that happens I hope you're wearing padded underwear because you'll be kicking yourself HARD....

These are NICE engines!!

Here's mine....

Thanks for your input.
I made no mention of a week.
My order is "recent" but I have been following the thread for months. I ordered it knowing It may be delayed but like someone else here reported, Don't give me bogus ship date promises. I can wait as long as anyone and am glad to see (and buy) something made in the US. I'm active USAF and was flying my DLE on Edwards AFB this morning. I'd love to have my new Syssa to "promote" but the long waits are a hard sell. I'don't agree with charging customers up-front then making them wait up to three months for the product. IF he needs cash go IPO I'd invest in his company.

I appreciate your inputs but shouldn't Todd Syssa be responding to this or my email?
Old 01-04-2010, 09:18 AM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

TSP,

Have you run your SAP yet?

B
Old 01-04-2010, 07:54 PM
Hog78

Looks like the next batch should'nt be too long, gotta hate those sub contractors sometimes!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Hog78

Looks like this thread is done.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:30 PM
Truckracer

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hog78

Looks like this thread is done.
And why is this thread done? Its the middle of winter most places and all threads (except maybe the DLE-30 thread) are slow right now. Things will pick up soon.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Scooterpilot
My Feedback: (5)

MsgtRob

I should have mine up and running on Sunday....I'll be at AVTI. It's mounted in a Funtana 125

I'll know for sure after I get back from the AMA show on Saturday.

Regards
Old 01-06-2010, 10:09 PM
splais
My Feedback: (25)

I received my engine (order #356) today. Will have some stuff soon.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:26 AM
MsgtRob

Still GREAT flying here in So Cal!!
70 degrees again today..sorry for the rest of you.
If I had my SAP 180...I'd be flying it
Old 01-07-2010, 12:27 AM
MsgtRob

ORIGINAL: splais

OTHER NEW DEVELOPMENT: Todd contacted me yesterday (new years eve) after I sent him an email cancelling my order. He says things have been a bit hectic; but he did say my engine was shipped on the 30th - looks like he may be getting things back under control. I told him I had left a phone msg and a Help Desk comment. He didn't know what happened to the phone msg, but he did say the Help Desk feature on the web site is a little messed up right now. After reading MikeAndersonCA's comment I went ahead, sent that cancellation email, and ordered a different engine. to Todd's credit, he did say I could send his engine back when it arrives; but I think I already have a buyer for the other engine.
Did you receive your motor?
Old 01-07-2010, 09:04 AM
Hog78

ORIGINAL: splais

I received my engine (order #356) today. Will have some stuff soon.
Lucky you! My order is 354 still waiting maybe next week. I just want to get plane built before next flying season.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 AM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

I did not realize it was a 60 size plane. OOPS! At any rate...the cg is perfect with no mods. The battery pack is right in the center of the plane too. What kind of engine did they expect you to put in here anyway?
My UltraStick 60 with an O.S. .61FX (w/ pitts) balances perfectly with the servos in the tail and the battery right under the wing. I also upgraded the tail wheel to an Ohio R/C version with is heavier than stock. I don't mean question you, but I don't see how yours can balance within specs with an extra pound on the noseat least not without some lead in the tail.

My overall weight is exactly 6lbs dry and it has unlimited vertical with a .61 2-stroke. After all these years, I still keep an US60 around. They're a blast to fly with the quad-flaps and a nice size for carefree flights when I don't have time to mess the big planes. I can't imagine what it would be like with a 30cc gasser! I just hope it holds together. That's a lot of motor on than poor little airframe. ;-)

I didn't mean to get off topic or insult you because I understand you're an experienced flyer, but I respectfully suggest that you re-check your CG. I'd hate to see you have a bad maiden flight. I guess worst-case, you'll be nose heavy.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
Syssa Aircraft

I checked again...its right on the spar.....the servos are in the tail..but no extra weight otherwise added anywhere...
Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 PM
ghoffman
My Feedback: (3)

Todd, where did you put the ignition box and how did you route the spark plug wire?
Old 01-07-2010, 01:03 PM
sgillmore
My Feedback: (50)

I checked again...its right on the spar.....the servos are in the tail..but no extra weight otherwise added anywhere...
I don't understand it, but it must be good to go! I balanced per the manual...not sure if that was dead on the spar or not, but it has to be close. I hope you have to opportunity to take some video of it. It should be an insane combination!
Old 01-07-2010, 01:29 PM
MsgtRob

ORIGINAL: Scooterpilot

MsgtRob

I should have mine up and running on Sunday....I'll be at AVTI. It's mounted in a Funtana 125

I'll know for sure after I get back from the AMA show on Saturday.

Regards
congrats!
Where/What is the AVTI?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:48 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Come on Guys, lets see more photos of the new engines! Capt,n

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.