Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Old 08-28-2015, 07:09 AM
Gungadin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Raider
Im sorry to say, no. I've sent him a couple of emails and called 2-3 times. No response. It's not the first time. He gets busy and I have to just keep trying. I think that once we get this off the ground it'll be fine. Just in case anyone was wondering, I get just as frustrated as everyone else. But I remain optimistic!!!! And very excited to get started and help everyone with their engines.

i spent all of today, working at the preparations for West Texas Warbirds. I had the opportunity to assist several guys with their engines and fly a couple of my planes. Sure juiced me up. Can't wait to get started.

Same old, same old. Todd not doing what he says he is going to do. Sheeezz !
Old 08-28-2015, 02:03 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Todd has to set up an account for Red Rider, and get the boxes shipped to him, and a lot more besides. It's only been ten day since the outset of this decision, so it hasn't been long enough to say he hasn't done what he said he'd do. I don't think it's excessive to estimate that setting this up could easily take a month or more. Lots of details need to be worked out, because he's never done anything like this before. It's not like he's just piling a bunch of stuff into some boxes and shipping them. They have to organize an entire remote service branch of his business, AND they have to agree on every aspect of it.

Jim
Old 08-30-2015, 08:36 AM
Red Raider
My Feedback: (86)

Jim:
youre right of course. There is more to it than just filling up a box. He's putting together the computer files and specifications so that I can make the proper judgment on tolerances, etc. He's had to call someone in to set up the website and who knows how long that will take. Not to dot it, but to get someone there. The money decisions are actually not an issue. I didn't ask or expect to get paid for anything other than the actual work I do. No discount on parts, no "handling" charges, just labor and actual shipping. So, yes it is happening quicker than most "partnerships" but, the communication is still an issue. Haven't heard from him in over a week.

I told you guys that I would keep you in the loop no matter what the outcome. And so, I am.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:47 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

I thought as much. And, he still has to fulfill his contractual obligations on his government contract while taking care of all that. It's not going to happen in a flash.

Jim
Old 08-31-2015, 09:40 AM
Gungadin

You're a good man Red Raider !
Old 09-01-2015, 09:11 AM
Red Raider

Originally Posted by Gungadin
You're a good man Red Raider !
Thanks!!

Now for the good news. I just heard from Todd. I've got 3 boxes with tracking numbers shipped today with over 6,000 parts headed my way. Should be here on Friday. Looks like Syssa USA is about to happen!!!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:35 AM
bigben
My Feedback: (24)

Thanks!!

Now for the good news. I just heard from Todd. I've got 3 boxes with tracking numbers shipped today with over 6,000 parts headed my way. Should be here on Friday. Looks like Syssa USA is about to happen!!!!!
WOW...my heart be still
OK Raider no more sleeping...24-7 on those repairs.
Thanks for the update and fantastic news.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:06 PM
Red Raider

Originally Posted by bigben
WOW...my heart be still
OK Raider no more sleeping...24-7 on those repairs.
Thanks for the update and fantastic news.
As soon as I can get the parts inventoried and shop set up, I'll get started. Won't take me long. If your engines are in the first shipment, I'll get them squared away before I do anything else.
Old 09-01-2015, 12:10 PM
Red Raider

Same old, same old. Todd not doing what he says he is going to do. Sheeezz !
I know. It's hard to do any kind of business without communication. BUT, I did get the tracking numbers and they will be here either Thursday or Friday. It was too soon to get the expected delivery date. I'm sure it will be a challenge as we move forward, but at least for now, we've got parts and service and communication. Go bust an engine - I need the work!!!
Old 09-01-2015, 03:59 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

I didn't expect it to come that fast. Impressive.

Jim
Old 09-02-2015, 10:40 AM
Gungadin

Red Raider---Thank you Sir for your communication and enthusiasm. Hopefuly you can get things squared away for all us Syssa owners. Maybe I can still fly my syssa engined giant stik before to long. I'm lookin forward to it and hearing from you in the future. Best wishes.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Red Raider

Red Raider---Thank you Sir for your communication and enthusiasm. Hopefuly you can get things squared away for all us Syssa owners. Maybe I can still fly my syssa engined giant stik before to long. I'm lookin forward to it and hearing from you in the future. Best wishes.
Hey, Gungadin: Got another message from Todd this morning saying that I had 6 engines in the boxes that had been sent to him for repair. I'm pretty sure yours is in the first shipment. As soon as I get them, I'll let you know and get them turned around as quickly as I can. Also, I checked the tracking numbers this morning. The boxes are scheduled to arrive on Thursday. You should hear from me Thursday evening.
Steve
Old 09-03-2015, 06:57 AM
Gungadin

I said it before, and I'll say it again, "You are a good man Red Raider" !!!
Old 09-03-2015, 02:39 PM
Red Raider

Got the parts in this afternoon!!! Hundreds of parts(not thousands). Also got 7 engines in need of repair or update. Bad news is, I didn't get everything I needed and I don't know who these engines belong to. So, if you sent an engine to Syssaaircraft and haven't heard anything about it for awhile, tell me right here and give me a description of it. I'll get these sorted out and back to their owners as soon as I can.

Last edited by Red Raider; 09-03-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:42 AM
Red Raider

Here's my new email address: [email protected]

If you have any questions or need any help, please feel free to contact me.
Steve
Old 09-09-2015, 03:51 PM
Red Raider

I've got the names and issues for all the engines. I'm going to get started on them this evening. I'm not going to work on anything else until I get them all back to their owners.
Old 09-09-2015, 05:34 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot

I once saw a song book given for Christmas with a note in the front. It said, "Enjoy these songs. Play them well, not fast."

Good advice, whatever we do. Fix them well, Red Raider!

Jim
Old 09-10-2015, 01:02 PM
Red Raider

Originally Posted by PacificNWSkyPilot
I once saw a song book given for Christmas with a note in the front. It said, "Enjoy these songs. Play them well, not fast."

Good advice, whatever we do. Fix them well, Red Raider!

Jim
That is good advice. Don't rush, but hurry every chance you get. I just got back from Harbor Freight where I bought a large parts cabinet and some other small tools. Going to work setting it up tonight. Talked to Todd this morning. Seems like his enthusiasm has been rekindled.
Steve
Old 09-15-2015, 06:07 AM
Red Raider

Hey, Guys!
Just wanted to give you an update on my progress. I've been trying to work on your engines and communicate with everyone while still gathering up parts and tools. My shop is still a work in progress and I don't have every thing I need just yet. Ordered some new Bowman rings yesterday and should have them by the end of the week. I didn't have any front bearings, but I think I've sourced them locally. Going to find out by noon today. Thank you very much for your patience as Todd and I learn how to work together.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:03 AM
toodleoo
My Feedback: (2)

Just wanted to reiterate my experience with Syssa. Placed an order for $600+ on June 9th and used PayPal (thank God). Absolutely no correspondence with the company by repeated e-mails and phone calls. Filed a dispute with PP 2nd week in August and then a claim. Syssa supplied a USPS tracking # but never shipped anything. Finally got my money back through PP at the end of August. So much for the flying season here in Germany. This cannot even be equated to "bad customer service". Thank God I didn't send a money order!
Old 09-16-2015, 06:25 AM
Gungadin

Steve--I sent you two e-mails yesterday. Did you get them ?

Dan
Old 09-16-2015, 08:05 AM
Red Raider

Hey, Dan. Sure did. check your email, if you don't have one let me know.
Steve
Old 09-16-2015, 08:07 AM
Red Raider

Todd is pretty much a genius when it comes to manufacturing precision products. He has the talent, insight, and equipment to produce nearly anything. Hence, his contracts with the dept. of defense. He doesn't have time to tend to the tedium of repairing our crash damage and responding to every question that we have. That's where I come in. It takes him 2-3 days to respond to my questions and requests, and we work together.This is going to take a lot more effort than we've already exerted to get things where we want them to be. He's spent tons of money on parts that he's sent me, and I've spent a lot buying tools, parts and shop supplies. So far, it's all been expense, and we've not billed a single customer yet. I want to make sure that guys that sent their engines in and have waited months to get them back are taken care of before we do anything else.
I appreciate you guys more than you know. Since we started down this new road, we've not had a single complaint, and everyone of you have been super supportive. Give us a chance, there are great things on the horizon.

Old 09-16-2015, 08:18 AM
Red Raider

Originally Posted by toodleoo
Just wanted to reiterate my experience with Syssa. Placed an order for $600+ on June 9th and used PayPal (thank God). Absolutely no correspondence with the company by repeated e-mails and phone calls. Filed a dispute with PP 2nd week in August and then a claim. Syssa supplied a USPS tracking # but never shipped anything. Finally got my money back through PP at the end of August. So much for the flying season here in Germany. This cannot even be equated to "bad customer service". Thank God I didn't send a money order!
I'm really sorry for your trouble. I understand completely as I've been though the same sort of thing as a customer. That's why Todd and I entered into an agreement for me to take care of these matters. We're just now getting everything in order for me to take over the sales and service of the Syssa 30cc. It's been a long time coming and we're both still trying to figure out how to make this work. I'm not going to make any excuses about not shipping you an engine. I don't know what the circumstances are/were. I do know that we're currently waiting on some prototype cylinder heads. There was a problem with the plating process on the liner and Todd was not going to put out substandard parts. That should be resolved shortly.

I will keep everyone up to date on the progress we're making both in the product and in our customer service. No BS, just the facts. If for some reason it doesn't work out, I'll be the first to know, everyone here will be the second.
Old 09-29-2015, 02:02 PM
Hog78
My Feedback: (36)

mine is one of them you know it is different because it is modded different you will lnow thanks Marc
Got the parts in this afternoon!!! Hundreds of parts(not thousands). Also got 7 engines in need of repair or update. Bad news is, I didn't get everything I needed and I don't know who these engines belong to. So, if you sent an engine to Syssaaircraft and haven't heard anything about it for awhile, tell me right here and give me a description of it. I'll get these sorted out and back to their owners as soon as I can.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.