Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

SYSSA 30CC GAS MADE IN USA

Old 12-08-2015, 01:43 PM
spaceworm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Raider
Seems as though there is a new technology. Once the cylinder is coated, the honing process takes care of all the issues you're talking about. Not real sure that there will actually be a glittery texture on the outside, the discussion about that was just banter about the contents of the finish emulsion. We will of course thoroughly vet the process but have extreme confidence that this is an amazing technology for our purposes. In the event that for some reason it doesn't meet our standards, we have the hard chrome option still available.
The catch phrase may be: "They put diamond powder in the nitride emulsion" . Could this be a "carbide" coating ptocess? Hard, long wearing. Just a thought, no real basis in thinking this is the process.

Sincerely, Richard
Old 12-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Red Raider
My Feedback: (86)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceworm
The catch phrase may be: "They put diamond powder in the nitride emulsion" . Could this be a "carbide" coating ptocess? Hard, long wearing. Just a thought, no real basis in thinking this is the process.

Sincerely, Richard
Could be. I really have no idea��. I'm just now learning a little bit about it and don't know what I'm talking about. I've heard about nitride and carbide and hard chrome and all the acids and electrodes involved. It's engineering way beyond me and I've got a Ph.D. (Post hole digger)
Old 01-15-2016, 07:43 AM
Red Raider

As I promised, I'm trying to keep everyone in the loop as to what's going on with Syssa Engines. We have solved the issue of finding a high quality hard chrome plating for the cylinders and the first production run is back in South Carolina and going through the final honing process. The shipping date for these cylinder is January 21st. At that time, everyone that has an engine in my shop needing cylinder work will be notified and their engines repaired promptly. After that, I will begin to take orders for new engines. These will be assembled when ordered in my shop, by me. They will be set up and test run prior to shipping. So, If you think you might want one, now would be a good time to let me know.
Steve
Old 01-18-2016, 05:16 AM
kfla

Thanks Steve!!! For helping Todd out with these engines. It looks like a GREAT product. I sent you a PM, But I can't tell if it went to you or not? I'm still getting used to RCUs new format. Thanks Kevin
Old 03-01-2016, 07:14 AM
Red Raider

Originally Posted by spaceworm

Sincerely, Richard
Sorry that I didn't reply to this. There's been a lot going on both in my personal life and with Syssa Aircraft. Since I last posted anything here, the "carbide" coating process has been nixed in favor of the hard chrome plating. The problem was we couldn't find anyone to do the plating at anywhere near an affordable cost. Now we have and US Chrome is plating and honing the cylinders for us. I'm hopeful that we will have these in the shop this week.
Steve
Old 03-01-2016, 07:51 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

US Chrome is a well known company for hard chrome work
Old 03-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Red Raider

Originally Posted by w8ye
US Chrome is a well known company for hard chrome work
Heard from the production manager on Monday. We're getting very close to the release. Seems as though US Chrome has been the bottleneck in getting the V3 out to you guys. Todd expressed his frustration with how long this taking. He used the strongest language I've heard him utter - "I'm doing my darndest" . Good thing he can't hear my West Texas adjectives. :-)
SS
Old 03-02-2016, 04:31 PM
kerwin50

good luck
Old 03-03-2016, 01:17 PM
kerwin50

I'm glad SYSSA is still kicking it and can't wait for the new engines
Old 03-03-2016, 03:14 PM
LarsL

Originally Posted by the pope
Todd's frustrated ? Does the word hypocrite come to mind ?
Just an alert to everyone here, this guy has a history of these sorts of posts. I've also seen him offer some good advice, but for whatever reason at times he gets ticked off and then they are like the above. Just a few weeks ago he got himself in hot water and had almost all of his posts on a "Cool Power/cleanliness thread discussion deleted by the moderators. Sometimes he needs to eat a Snickers and then he is OK.

Lars
Old 03-03-2016, 03:50 PM
kerwin50

I doubt serious if he has any dog in the fight.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:54 PM
LarsL

You very well may be right Kerwin, you can ask him

Lars
Old 03-04-2016, 03:46 PM
LarsL

I've been to Aus. on three occasions... never had a problem. It's a terrific country and every Australian I met there or anywhere else for that matter has been great. The next time I'm there, let's get together, I'm sure we could set that up.

Lars
Old 03-04-2016, 04:27 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

There's been some posts removed is the reason that some of these posts seemed to be talking to no one.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:45 AM
Joystick TX

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Red Raider - I have two Syssa engines and they came with the 813 carbs, is there a better carb that can be used on them now?

I've been hesitant to put one on a plane due to the support issues I've experienced in the past. I'm going to try one of the engines on the Bell Hop plane that I'm building.

Thanks.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:47 PM
Red Raider

We've got the Tillotson carb that works really well. And it doesn't have that butterfly choke.
Old 03-15-2016, 07:20 PM
Joystick TX

There may be several hundred Tillotson carbs. I don't see any listed on the Syssa website. I would like to try the "one" that works on my motor without buying and trying all of them. Can you give me any hints on the one that Syssa is using?
Old 03-16-2016, 12:13 AM
erieqc

Originally Posted by Joystick TX
There may be several hundred Tillotson carbs. I don't see any listed on the Syssa website. I would like to try the "one" that works on my motor without buying and trying all of them. Can you give me any hints on the one that Syssa is using?
Buy it from them then you don't have to buy several hundred. Just saying.
Old 03-16-2016, 03:04 AM
Joystick TX

Originally Posted by erieqc
Buy it from them then you don't have to buy several hundred. Just saying.
Who is them?

Syssa does not have it for sale as a separate item, and Tillotson, or any distributor will need more specific information than just "the Tillotson carb."

I'll try one more time. Is there anyone out there, who has a Syssa, and can provide any useful information on what model of carb, other than just Tillotson, is actually on it?
Old 03-16-2016, 10:28 PM
kakariki
My Feedback: (6)

Originally Posted by Red Raider
We've got the Tillotson carb that works really well. And it doesn't have that butterfly choke.
Hi
I want to buy some parts also, how's the best way to order them.
Thanks Barry
Old 03-21-2016, 06:07 PM
Red Raider

Who is them?

Syssa does not have it for sale as a separate item, and Tillotson, or any distributor will need more specific information than just "the Tillotson carb."

I'll try one more time. Is there anyone out there, who has a Syssa, and can provide any useful information on what model of carb, other than just Tillotson, is actually on it?
The Tillotson carb that we use is the HU 140. I'll get the rebuild kit # for you if you want it
steve
Old 03-21-2016, 06:09 PM
Red Raider

Default Parts

Originally Posted by kakariki
Hi
I want to buy some parts also, how's the best way to order them.
Thanks Barry
here's my email address: syssausa@ gmail.com
let me know what you need and I'll make sure you get it.
Steve
Old 03-21-2016, 06:24 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Who is them?

Arrrgh. I know Todd told me about this once. That means I have to go through a half million emails. No promises, but I'll see what I can find.

Incidentally, I'm about to put this Syssa up for sale. You know I take care of my stuff, so contact me if you're interested. Runs awesome. I'll be putting it up here in the classifieds within the next day or so. It will include the mounts, spinner, and several nice wood props, as well as some carb kits and other parts and service items, banjo bolts for smoke, medallion, etc. I'll even ship it in a new Syssa box. Set up with the longest standoffs, I believe.

~ Jim ~
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Syssa on GSS.jpg
Views:	420
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	2153650  

Last edited by PacificNWSkyPilot; 03-21-2016 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Adding photo
Old 03-21-2016, 07:14 PM
Joystick TX

Got the Syssa mount bolts and throttle servo set up on the Bell Hop.

I finished the covering on the plane, so it is time to run the engine to see if it has lost anything during its two year nap.

Name:	IMG_20160311_184930626.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2153681  
Old 04-06-2016, 12:08 AM
Joystick TX

Finished the maiden flight on the plane. The engine quit about 4 min into the first flight which was not a good thing. Doing a deadstick landing on the first flight is my worst nightmare, but since I was flying high and close to the field, there was no problem getting it down in one piece. The plane flys great, like a big trainer, I'm thinking pretty close to a Long John. Flew three more times that day, the engine keep cutting out during maneuvers. All landings were deadsticks.

During troubleshooting at home, I found that the fuel line had bubbles in it at the engine connector, but not at the outlet of the fuel tank. Turns out that the "Y" connector between the tank and engine was allowing air to enter from the fill tubing. I've never had that happen before. I put in a new connector and that solved the problem.

Now all I need to do is finish the plane, paint, decals, cowl, pilot, canopy, etc. Hope that doesn't take me another five years. Will put pictures of the progress on the Bell Hop build forum.

Name:	IMG_20160402_173400344.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	1.70 MB
ID:	2156144  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.