Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 139 of 211 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 5260

Thread: DLE30!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: NEW DLE30!

what will help lower the idle closer to say under 2000 for now? once the engine is properly broken in?
    Goldwing MX2
    MT-35 engine
    JR-XG8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yes and if it is too rich it is hard to get it down to a low idle.
    Quote: Hey, who put that tree there?
    Ultra Sport brotherhood #125
    Sig brotherhood #73
    Cub brotherhood #226

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

how many flights approx does it take for the engine to run in properly? or how many hours of runtime?
    Goldwing MX2
    MT-35 engine
    JR-XG8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Do many heat cycles
    I never met a engine I did not want t learn about.

NOTE>> Ken Lambert is now welding up custom exhausts. 6/8/2015 http://www.lambertsrc.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Do many heat cycles

Got to make fast short replies...my connection keeps kicking out! Capt,n

NOTE>> Ken Lambert is now welding up custom exhausts. 6/8/2015 http://www.lambertsrc.com/

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

heat cycles? and how many is many...
    Goldwing MX2
    MT-35 engine
    JR-XG8

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Switch_639

heat cycles? and how many is many...

10-15 per day...for 7 days after shutting down...park piston at Top dead center. Capt,n
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wu60389.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	1469714  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally got my DLE 30 sorted out. It would start with a new plug, but would only run (sputtering) for about 15 seconds, then nothing. Testing for spark outside the combustion chamber revealed a strong arc, but it would not fire reliably when installed in the combustion chamber. After going through 3 NGK plugs, I figured...This thing just SUX! So, I got a return authorisation number from HK and ordered one from another supplier. I initially installed the carb and reed block from the new engine, but the result was negligable, So, I switched out the ignition pack and it fired right up (untill my neighbour came out and complained aout the noise. (it was 10 pm....It is OK to make as much noise as they want when his buddies are over drinking on a Friday night though). So I shut it down and called it a successful night.
    2009 CF-18 Hornet Demo Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good to hear. I was down in you neck of the woods for the first two weeks of July. I went out to the field a couple of times, but no one was around. The dogs had fun running around anyways. I see the land is up for sale. That may cause you problems down the road if someone wants to use the land for crops. I spent some time sitting up the road from AETE watching the boys do circuits. What can I say... I miss home.
    Sig brotherhood #73
    Cub brotherhood #226

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Super08

Good to hear. I was down in you neck of the woods for the first two weeks of July. I went out to the field a couple of times, but no one was around. The dogs had fun running around anyways. I see the land is up for sale. That may cause you problems down the road if someone wants to use the land for crops. I spent some time sitting up the road from AETE watching the boys do circuits. What can I say... I miss home.
    You should have fired off a PM to me. I would have been happy to come out with my 1/4 Cub on floats (Not really; just sick of all the rain)...Yes, the land went on the block this spring. It will most likely be used for residential development. All the builders are buying up land just outside city corporate limits, to avoid the high taxes in town. The "bird watching area" gets some heavy use during Maple Flag, but there is usually something happening most days.
    Take care!
    D
    2009 CF-18 Hornet Demo Team

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

finally got the 30 mounted in my ESM FW190, after some tribulation I went ahead and got these stand offs from china, to extend the engine out enough to fit the cowl opening location,a perfect match for my pits style muffler I got from Jody as well, nice looking offering BTW, the 30 fits cleanly in the cowl of the ESM FW with just the plug sticking out the bottom of the cowl.

my plan is to mount the ign. to the firewall and the battery directly underneath to keep my weight forward, any reason i couldn't use a metal strap to secure the ign or would a plastic zip tie be a better option.

here's a shot of my repainted FW 190A the stock paint is not really all that close to scale
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv63628.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	87.9 KB 
ID:	1470540   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk31242.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	1470541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo39630.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	1470542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oj28325.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	1470543  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: bigtim

finally got the 30 mounted in my ESM FW190, after some tribulation I went ahead and got these stand offs from china, to extend the engine out enough to fit the cowl opening location,a perfect match for my pits style muffler I got from Jody as well, nice looking offering BTW, the 30 fits cleanly in the cowl of the ESM FW with just the plug sticking out the bottom of the cowl.

my plan is to mount the ign. to the firewall and the battery directly underneath to keep my weight forward, any reason i couldn't use a metal strap to secure the ign or would a plastic zip tie be a better option.

here's a shot of my repainted FW 190A the stock paint is not really all that close to scale

If you can keep ignition & battery away from the exhaust. Looks like you could place 2 balsa sticks 90 degree across the top standoffs. Maybe use stick foam strips lengthwise of battery and use tie raps or good rubber bands to hold to top stand-offs. You need air to circulate around the ignition & battery...but still keep vibration out. Just a Idea!

Capt,n

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

YES, LIKE RUNNING AN ENGINE AT W.O.T. THAT HAS NOT BEEN BROKEN IN YET. IF YOU DIDNT KNOW WHAT YOU WERE DOING WHY NOT ASK SOMEONE WHO IS EXPERIENCED. NOW YOU ARE GOING TO SAY ITS A WARRANTY ISSUE WHEN ITS NOT,ITS ABUSE.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just got my first DLE 30 whats the little clear plastic clips for looks like they fit the cooling fins for something?
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Timberlake-RC-Club
    Spitfire Brotherhood # 159

They are meant to beused forholding the radio plugs for the ignition together.
    Now go outside and play

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK thanks!
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Timberlake-RC-Club
    Spitfire Brotherhood # 159

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well I had to take time to clean the shop....took about 2 hours!!!! Anyway I found a special part I made on the lathe....nice side benifit. Also got most of the things I will need to finish one plane. It looks like it will not be in time for our anual fly in.Iguess it may rain anyway. The Beat goes on................................................ ........ Capt,n

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: jvg69

YES, LIKE RUNNING AN ENGINE AT W.O.T. THAT HAS NOT BEEN BROKEN IN YET. IF YOU DIDNT KNOW WHAT YOU WERE DOING WHY NOT ASK SOMEONE WHO IS EXPERIENCED. NOW YOU ARE GOING TO SAY ITS A WARRANTY ISSUE WHEN ITS NOT,ITS ABUSE.

I'm not too clear on what you're referring to. Please enlighten me.

If my experience level troubles you, I'm definately open to your expert tutelage[sm=teeth_smile.gif] I suppose shortly after you are taught that using all caps is viewed as yelling at someone in internet protocol you could step up and show me all that I need to know about the proper handling and running of two stroke gas engines. Shall we start with carbureted, injected, or heavy fuel versions? What about injected heavy fuel? Singles, opposed twins and quads, inlines, or radials? By brand perhaps? I'm all ears and desparate to glean as much useful and pertinent information from you as I can

I should quote P.T. Barnum here but I'll restrain myself. Your reply would be both appreciated and entertaining.
    Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is going to be good...lol. [sm=lol.gif]
    Sig brotherhood #73
    Cub brotherhood #226

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Yup....funny....read all 6 posts......from....

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Read two of them. A TBM employee it appears. That other UAV company, lol. Still clueless with the reference and applicability of his post.

I would very much like to learn why a new engine cannot be run at wot. There is clearly much I have to learn about the correct operating methods concerning new small gas two strokes.
    Never lie, and never minimize or gloss. Tell it like it is and let the pieces fall where they may. The truth always wins.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Jody!

I am new to the Giant Scene and need to ask you two questions:

1) Are there any "metric screw" torque tables in inch pounds anywhere in the forum? (I have a "TORX" screwdriver-type torquewrench).

2) Do you use or recommend the JIS screwdrivers instead of the American Phillips? (I'm having great luck with mine on Japanese engines!).

Thanks,

Brian Gray- jetmanr18

bgray191@mchsi.com

P.S. I'd PM you with this request, but I haven't yet figured out how...

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey pat, let me in on it too, we just ran a newly assembled GT80 race twin at about 10,500 on the test stand....Had about 5 minutes warm up time on it...
    RC Ignition

ORIGINAL: jetmanr18

Hi Jody!

I am new to the Giant Scene and need to ask you two questions:

1) Are there any "metric screw" torque tables in inch pounds anywhere in the forum? (I have a "TORX" screwdriver-type torquewrench).

2) Do you use or recommend the JIS screwdrivers instead of the American Phillips? (I'm having great luck with mine on Japanese engines!).

Thanks,

Brian Gray- jetmanr18

bgray191@mchsi.com

P.S. I'd PM you with this request, but I haven't yet figured out how...
    Well you must have heard about Google, it's this coolthing where anyone can type in any question and it will give you just as many different answers asa gas engineforum.

http://www.imperialinc.com/pdf/A_Fas...rqueCharts.pdf

For inch lbs., multiply the foot lbs. by 12.

JISfasteners suck, it's the Japanese just being different to be a pain in the butt. Plus, I doubt you will find the JIS screw drivers very handy on a Chinese engine held together with socket headed cap screws. They may come in handy though if your video camera needs a carb rebuild before filming your DLE30 maiden.
    Now go outside and play

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Read two of them. A TBM employee it appears. That other UAV company, lol. Still clueless with the reference and applicability of his post.

I would very much like to learn why a new engine cannot be run at wot. There is clearly much I have to learn about the correct operating methods concerning new small gas two strokes.

His post has a reference link to this old ToM post: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9585744
    Which is in reference to this post: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=9583821

Seems either like somebody with an axe to grind, or somebody doing searches and finding an post they just have to disagree with in ALL CAPS (and either not caring or not noticing that it's an old post).
    Ahhhh, what fun.

D.
    RCU Required Disclosure: Manufacturer of DBC battle circuit for Heng Long tanks.