Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: NEW DLE30!

boats.net has cm-6.

http://www.boats.net/parts/detail/H-98052-56471.html
Old 10-11-2009, 09:42 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Zippi & friends, below is a photo of sparkplugs that will work in a DLE30. The CM6 is said to be best, but others like the stock plug. I guess what works for you in this case is OK! Zippi, take your choise of which plug you want....I will send it with what I owe you monday. Best Regards Capt,n
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84172.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	1292401  
Old 10-11-2009, 09:47 AM
captinjohn

Thanks nonstoprc 98052-56471 Honda SPARK PLUG (CM6) Price: $1.97

Honda SPARK PLUG (CM6)

This spark plug is designed for a Honda generator and is also referred to as the CM6.

That is the best price I have seen!!! Capt,n
Old 10-11-2009, 10:05 AM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Sure.

I got a box of 10 two weeks ago. CM-6 is marked on the stem of the plug. Shipping is about a week.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:14 AM
captinjohn

Below should be 2 engines. One a Toro 25cc & the other the DLE30cc engine. Notice the etra cooling fins on top of head on the DLE. Kinda like a motorcycle engine head. Capt,n

Name:	Hf97681.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	123.0 KB
ID:	1292425  
Old 10-11-2009, 03:29 PM
sodbuster 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anybody have a thrust number for this engine yet?

also, best prop for 3D on this engine?
Will it be enough for an Ultra RC Giles to 3D?
Old 10-11-2009, 03:40 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

I would guess about 18 lbs. It compares to an OS 1.60FX, quite the little powerhouse. Go here for some prop data from users.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9129362/tm.htm
Old 10-11-2009, 04:03 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

I bought 2 of these engines from Ralph Cunningham One for me and the other for a friend, He has his mounted and when you go to pick the plane up the RPM changes or the engine dies. Anybody run into this issue before? We have the high end set for peak RPM and the low end for good transition We can seem to tune it out but then the engine stubles real bad when you advance the throttle. We have it mounted on a Sig Mayham with no cowl. He is going to mount my engine and she how it works. He has replumbed everything, I told him to try a regular style clunk because a few have said the filter clunks have solved thier issue.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Zippi & friends, below is a photo of sparkplugs that will work in a DLE30. The CM6 is said to be best, but others like the stock plug. I guess what works for you in this case is OK! Zippi, take your choise of which plug you want....I will send it with what I owe you monday. Best Regards Capt,n
Capt,n,

The CM-6 will be fine. Thanks. You see Ralph has put his site back up again.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:37 PM
captinjohn

Well he should put his web-site back up to finish his deals with his customers. How many more engines are you going to buy from him?
Old 10-11-2009, 07:43 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: craigteffe

I bought 2 of these engines from Ralph Cunningham One for me and the other for a friend, He has his mounted and when you go to pick the plane up the RPM changes or the engine dies. Anybody run into this issue before? We have the high end set for peak RPM and the low end for good transition We can seem to tune it out but then the engine stubles real bad when you advance the throttle. We have it mounted on a Sig Mayham with no cowl. He is going to mount my engine and she how it works. He has replumbed everything, I told him to try a regular style clunk because a few have said the filter clunks have solved thier issue.
Ask Ralph C.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:36 PM
craigteffe

Ask Ralph C.

I posted this over on his site but wanted to post it here so people could give some feedback.

I bought 2 DL 30's about a week or two ago, My friend has one and I have the other. We are having some trouble with them and would like some help. Here is what is happening, Engine is mounted inverted without cowl and when started and warmed up we tuned for max RPM on high end and adjusted the low end for good transition. When you pick the plane up and turn it slightly where the carb is angled up and then level the plane back out the engine dies, you can also shake the plane slightly and it dies, (Throttle setting at idle or 2 clicks above idle). We have replumed the tank and replaced the fuel line, removed the felt clunk and installed a regular clunk, installed a nipple on the diaphram cover and run a line to the inside of the plane, rotated the carb, hooked the battery directly to the iginition, tryed another ignition module, tryed another carb, tryed a carb off of a G26, tryed a velocity stack, mounted another Dl 30 engine on his plane and it does the same thing. We tryed one thing at a time before trying something else. We orignally found this problem when lifting the plane off of our flight stands to place on taxie way. The engines only do this at 2 clicks above idle or below they run great above that throttle setting.

Anybody else with these engines could you please try your planes at idle or 2 clicks above rotate the plane around and see if this happens to you and post back here.

Thanks for any and all help!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 07:01 PM
qspilotcmh

Thanks for everyones advice. I added a fitting off the diaphragm and ran it into a 35mm film container. It really helped with my inflight issue. I then added a velocity stack Jody sent me and it seems even better. I have zero midrange issue and no changes in rpms while doing maneuvers.

The only problem I am having is with the idle. In order for it to idle at 1800 it will start below 1800 on the edge of quiting and then advance to 1800. If I add on click of trim it jumps too 200 rpms. It seems very touchy. Inflight I have the throttle trim up 4 clicks so it's not an issue, but it makes landings tricky. Sometimes I can get the idle just right and it comes in for a smooth landing. Other times its too fast and I go around. Sometimes just after I land the motor quits.

You think it's the lowend? It's perfect in flight. The plane has been hard to start if that helps. I have been using my starter for the first start of the day. I have 3 gallons through it and am running Stihl Ultra @ 45:1.
mstam1971
My Feedback: (2)

Maybe it's something simple like the fuel line in the tank being too long causing the clunk to get stuck? The Walbro has a pump so it must be something with the plumbing. See when the engine quits if there are any air bubbles in the fuel line to the engine.
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Could be because of the engines not break-in yet. Some of DX50s do the same.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:03 PM
qspilotcmh

Ask Ralph C.

I posted this over on his site but wanted to post it here so people could give some feedback.

I bought 2 DL 30's about a week or two ago, My friend has one and I have the other. We are having some trouble with them and would like some help. Here is what is happening, Engine is mounted inverted without cowl and when started and warmed up we tuned for max RPM on high end and adjusted the low end for good transition. When you pick the plane up and turn it slightly where the carb is angled up and then level the plane back out the engine dies, you can also shake the plane slightly and it dies, (Throttle setting at idle or 2 clicks above idle). We have replumed the tank and replaced the fuel line, removed the felt clunk and installed a regular clunk, installed a nipple on the diaphram cover and run a line to the inside of the plane, rotated the carb, hooked the battery directly to the iginition, tryed another ignition module, tryed another carb, tryed a carb off of a G26, tryed a velocity stack, mounted another Dl 30 engine on his plane and it does the same thing. We tryed one thing at a time before trying something else. We orignally found this problem when lifting the plane off of our flight stands to place on taxie way. The engines only do this at 2 clicks above idle or below they run great above that throttle setting.

Did you put the diaphragm line into a container? I put mine into a 35mm container. I engine use to want to quit when I moved it off the starting table. After doing that mod and tuning the motor it has not done it since. I am having an idle issue but it probably just needs more tweaking.

Anybody else with these engines could you please try your planes at idle or 2 clicks above rotate the plane around and see if this happens to you and post back here.

Did you put in diaphragm line into a container? Mine used to want to quit when I took it off the table. I did this mod into a 35mm film container, retuned it, and it's been fine. I still have a strange idle, but it's does not change when moving the plane. Mine wants to quit after landing but only when I get the idle low so landing is easier.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:21 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: qspilotcmh

Thanks for everyones advice. I added a fitting off the diaphragm and ran it into a 35mm film container. It really helped with my inflight issue. I then added a velocity stack Jody sent me and it seems even better. I have zero midrange issue and no changes in rpms while doing maneuvers.

The only problem I am having is with the idle. In order for it to idle at 1800 it will start below 1800 on the edge of quiting and then advance to 1800. If I add on click of trim it jumps too 200 rpms. It seems very touchy. Inflight I have the throttle trim up 4 clicks so it's not an issue, but it makes landings tricky. Sometimes I can get the idle just right and it comes in for a smooth landing. Other times its too fast and I go around. Sometimes just after I land the motor quits.

You think it's the lowend? It's perfect in flight. The plane has been hard to start if that helps. I have been using my starter for the first start of the day. I have 3 gallons through it and am running Stihl Ultra @ 45:1.
This sounds to me like a slightly lean low needle.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:55 PM
qspilotcmh

That's what I was thinking as well. I'll try moving it a tick rich tomoorrow.

If I remember right if the idle increases your lean and if it lowers your rich on the lowend. Does that sound correct?
Old 10-12-2009, 08:06 PM
craigteffe

Ask Ralph C.

Did you put the diaphragm line into a container? I put mine into a 35mm container. I engine use to want to quit when I moved it off the starting table. After doing that mod and tuning the motor it has not done it since. I am having an idle issue but it probably just needs more tweaking.

Did you put in diaphragm line into a container? Mine used to want to quit when I took it off the table. I did this mod into a 35mm film container, retuned it, and it's been fine. I still have a strange idle, but it's does not change when moving the plane. Mine wants to quit after landing but only when I get the idle low so landing is easier.
Yes and with it in the Container it would not start and stay running untill i drilled a 1/16 hole in the bottom of the container.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:09 PM
craigteffe

ORIGINAL: nonstoprc

Could be because of the engines not break-in yet. Some of DX50s do the same.
I was thinking that it might be fuel puddling in the reed area, and when you turn the plane the fuel overcomes the spark.

Name:	Mk27365.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	1293690  
Old 10-12-2009, 08:10 PM
qspilotcmh

Yes I have 2 holes in mine as well. Mine does not do it anymore so maybe it needs run more. How much fuel have you run through it?
Old 10-12-2009, 08:12 PM
jedijody
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's what I was thinking as well. I'll try moving it a tick rich tomoorrow.

If I remember right if the idle increases your lean and if it lowers your rich on the lowend. Does that sound correct?
Yep, you got it.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:15 PM
qspilotcmh

Thanks for the help!
Old 10-12-2009, 08:17 PM
captinjohn

I have found on most engines having the idle a little rich is better. Less apt to quit and the richness helps the hesitation when you rev engine up to take off. Also I noticed a gas engine that quits on idle real quick...is set to lean on Idle. Just do not set a long time on idle running (so engine does not load up) ....get that thing singing! Capt,n

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.