Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

zdz50 runs not good???

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 07:04 PM
louu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default zdz50 runs not good???

hi everybody, i have a zdz 50 and it runs really bad around hover mode, if i lean it out to make it run good it wont start. it has a walbro carb. a friend of mine said he heard something about a diffrent carb but cant remember what it was about. any body know what i can do to make it run better. here is a link to a video of it so you can hear it run, just fast foward to 5:00 minuets imm lou its in the red and white qq yak (dont break my balls ive only been flyin about 1 year lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfT-aIAd-Do
Old 06-30-2009, 08:42 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: zdz50 runs not good???

Pretty good flying for a year but dude you almost lost it there. Nice save though. Try the Walbro 201 carb. That's the one that's supposed to make it start and run better. I had that same Yak as you (Ultra RC). It was awesome until I pulled a double waterfall way too low. BAM !!! I now have the 88" Extreme Flight Yak. Even better.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:09 PM
louu
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks bud, do you know where i can get that carb?
extreme flight is the best, next year at the nall imm getting 2 of them 30 and the 35%
my plane is acually the 85 in. qq yak its just got the ultra rc paint job the guy i got it off of ordered it all white and then added all the extra covering.
i kinda regret buying it cus there is so many better planes out there but i dident know anything about planes when i bought it so i guess thats just the way it goes right? gotta start somewhere.
Old 07-02-2009, 03:22 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The 85" QQ is a nice Yak !!! You did well with the custom covering job. The only thing I didn't like about the QQ was the covering scheme. Something about it just ain't right to me.

I think TBM (Troybuiltmodels) took over RC Showcase for ZDZ engines and parts. You can order one from them I bet. I think Mike Dooley even works there now. Good engine guy.