Name:	Mr40754.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1310714  
Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 AM
betomagno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MODIFICATION ON DLE30

The DLE will send to all your constumer around the world the extra gasket?.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:33 AM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you going to send extra cylinder base gaskets to dealers? Also will dealers be able to send the cutomer a new Base gasket? Last will the engine loose power after adding base Gaskets? thanks very much. Capt,n
Old 11-09-2009, 09:06 AM
wohenzhuce

Hi guys, i just saw this news and paste it here. i'm not the manufacturer. I think they'll send gaskets to their dealers and forward to people. I've done this on my DLE30, the idle is around 1500-1700RPM now but the maximum RPM is 100RPM lost with 18x8 JXF prop.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:01 AM
RTK
My Feedback: (1)

It might be an easy fix, but I doubt it is the best fix other wise.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:11 AM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: RTK

It might be an easy fix, but I doubt it is the best fix other wise.
RTK, could the drill be held in a pin vise and drilled by hand, hoping the drill will follow the exhisting hole? Sounds kinda tricky.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:15 AM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drilling metal with these little bits is always tricky.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:37 AM
captinjohn

I got a Idea!!!!!!!!! Place a drill that fits snug into exhisting hole. Then I will place the other end of drill (the shank) into my drill/mill and do whatever needed to hold carb in that same angle. I will try that first on another carb I do not value! Capt,n
Old 11-09-2009, 10:49 AM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DLE screwed the pooch. Wrong actions for the malady.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took the cheap route.......not a proper fix.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:00 AM
AJsToyz

Are all the news ones being shipped with a stack of gaskets and a drill bit ??
Old 11-09-2009, 12:07 PM
captinjohn

It seems like the proper fix is for no #1 increase the combustion chamber to lower compression. It seems like adding base gaskets to bottom of cylinder is going to change port timing a bit? #2 have the carb right to Begin with...at least on the ones being produced now. Hope to get more new form DLE MFG on that. Best Regards Capt,n
Old 11-09-2009, 12:17 PM
RTK

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

RTK, could the drill be held in a pin vise and drilled by hand, hoping the drill will follow the exhisting hole? Sounds kinda tricky.

It is actually very easy, you will use a thumb drill. It looks like a writing pen that is hollow and holds many small drill bits. It does not take much force or pressure to drill out these small holes in the carb. You will not use anything but your fingers, no drill needed, I've done re-jetting this way before on different parts of many carbs.

This is more like a band aid than a fix if at all anyting, still not quite sure why there is a need to enlarge the idle circuit, etc., but I haven't really thought about it yet either.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Tired Old Man

Don't think too hard on the subject.

if you have a fuel puddling issue you have an excess of fuel. Or perhaps I'm missing something there. Enlarging the low end circuit increases the quantity of fuel that can be moved. Now the puddling occurs at low rpm, so logic dictates you might want a little less fuel, not more at low rpm. In any event, you don't want fuel to puddle in various locations where it can accumulate and suddenly dump into the case, which is what a few people are experiencing. The cause of that is no longer in question, just the decisions about the final cure.

So no, I cannot see wher adding a couple of gaskets, altering the squish band, lowering compression, and altering port timing will be of much help. Nor would opening up the idle circuit to draw more fuel at low rpm.

So I'll stand with my comment about screwing the pooch unless someone has the ability to convince me otherwise with relevant data.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:50 PM
jedijody

This mod does NOT address the tilting issue, read the last page. A few people have had dificulty getting an acceptable idle that is low and stable enough to fly or land their plane. That is what this mod addresses, it looks like they are discounting the tilting issue on the last page.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Tired Old Man

I read the last page as being a non sequiter. It said very little about less and failed to take a position either way on the issue. To my way of thinking, that is the ONLY issues, and the gasket stack is like chasing rabbits blinfolded in the dark. Accomplishes nothing with a cure for something that was never an issue. In fact, it is quite likely to induce another issue, which will be a lowering of power output and an increase in idle instability. The ports are reduced in area equal to the rise in the gasket stack. So both intake and exhaust will be effected. .010" (2 gaskets) is a tremendous change in port timing if there was nothing wrong to begin with. Without doing the CC'ing the cylinder and doing volumetric math I don't know what the compression ratio will change to but I'm willing to bet it will be a full point less than it had been.

Jodi,

I think you might want to visit a machine shop, make what it will take to do it right, and sell the part to DLE for a huge sum of $$.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:55 PM
captinjohn

Like Zippy says " It don,t look good" I may need to alter the saying on my postings! "I never met a engine I did not like"! I am not giving up hope yet though. Capt,n
Old 11-10-2009, 03:12 AM
gen3v8

Hey China guys. Make a reed stuffer to fit behind the carby. Like your other factories do with the water cooled pocked bike engines. No brainer, simple. More power and run the motor any angle any time like an aeroplane engine SHOULD.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:05 AM
budchugger

Well it's just like the old saying, WE GET WHAT WE PAY FOR!

THANK YOU CHINA BUT YOU CAN KEEP YOUR CRAP FROM NOW ON.
Old 11-11-2009, 02:34 AM
bcchi

ORIGINAL: jedijody

This mod does NOT address the tilting issue, read the last page. A few people have had dificulty getting an acceptable idle that is low and stable enough to fly or land their plane. That is what this mod addresses, it looks like they are discounting the tilting issue on the last page.
Yah right,The engine is already getting too much fuel so you drill out the idle jet and lower compression.
I flew three DL 30 over the week end.Two were mounted upright and one inverted.I just do not find any problem with these engines.They idle fine and we have tilted them every way you can and they just kept right on running.Idle at around 1600to 1800. 1500 0n idle down for landing .I flew many flights up and down and taxied back every time but one.I am not a super engine tuner in fact kinda sloppy at it.TKG does a better job then myself.O-well I am to old to worry about it.
Now see what they have done to Ralph.I think this is really it. I do not blame him one bit.
I do not believe for one min that Ralph put used parts on a customers engine.
I have known Ralph for nearly 30 years and above all else he is honest.He has helped out a lot of my customers at no charge,I have also helped his.
I may be next I will be 75 in a few months and been doing this for nearly 30 years.I am a little burned out stuffing circuit boards and building ignitions.Lucky I have TKG to do engine work and answer the phone.
I commend you for the work you are doing.Keep it up.
Good Luck Ralph and Jan
Guess I will take a Xnax and go to bed.
BCCHI
BCCHI
Old 11-11-2009, 03:10 PM
82blackbird
My Feedback: (3)

I don't have a dog in this fight but from the pictures it appears to me that you are drilling out an idle air bleed and not a jet. All air bleeds are on the outside of the butterfly. Without having a carb to inspect this is pure speculation on my part. If I'm correct drilling out the idle air bleed will lean the mixture at idle and help prevent the puddling.
Old 11-11-2009, 04:25 PM
jedijody

With all due respect, you are incorrect, that is the idle FUEL orifice not and air bleed.
Old 11-11-2009, 05:19 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

I don't have a dog in this fight but from the pictures it appears to me that you are drilling out an idle air bleed and not a jet. All air bleeds are on the outside of the butterfly. Without having a carb to inspect this is pure speculation on my part. If I'm correct drilling out the idle air bleed will lean the mixture at idle and help prevent the puddling.
You Know it just dumbfounds me at the posts on these threads sometimes!!!!

You know what i mean Jody?

Sometimes all i can do is laugh!!!!!
Old 11-11-2009, 06:20 PM
RTK

ORIGINAL: jedijody

With all due respect, you are incorrect, that is the idle FUEL orifice not and air bleed.
Yep, thats one of those little hole hoochiecoo thing-a-ma-bobs that lets fuel out. If you need the technical definition
Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 PM
82blackbird
My Feedback: (3)

Jody, so this hole is on the engine side of the butterfly and not on the intake side?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.