TBM - One pi$$ed off ex-customer

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 06:31 PM
wind junkie
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TBM - One pi$$ed off ex-customer

I'm glad Jamie Garrett has responded.

But I'm confused on the paypal issue though. I too have a small biz which accepts Paypal as payment. I (the seller) always get an e-mail immediately after the transaction takes place. Unless a buyer pays via "e-check" the funds are immediately available for me to do anything within Paypal's options including transferring funds to my own bank account (which will take up to 4 days). However, I could turn around and use these funds to buy something else and pay via Paypal. In that sense, payment is truly immediate. There really is no need to wait for anything to "clear" if an "e-check" is not used.

If an "e-check" was used, I get one e-mail immediately, and then another after the "check clears." I normally ship as soon as I get the notice on all NON e-check payments, which is what I would have assumed TBM would also do (unless an "e-check" was used in this case). I'm wondering if the TBM policy of calculating shipping and then billing the buyer with the exact amount is what has muddied the waters here. That may need to put a human in the loop which of course takes time and could lose track of who paid for what when. That and the fact that this occurred across a 4 day holiday weekend (making a week really into only 3 business days).

As I said before, I would never take "Mr G's" attitude in this whole matter, especially with the holiday and nature of the very sale itself, but it might be useful to know what actually is happening in the payment process.
Joe

ORIGINAL: droland

ORIGINAL: jvg69

My name is Jamie Garrett and I am the GM of TBM. I personally spoke with Mr.G (thevirginian) who started this post. I very nicely apologized to Mr.G about the situation.if you look at the add it plainly states ''IN STOCK ITEMS ONLY.LIMITED QUANTITIES.'' For that reason I told Mr.G we could not offer a rain check. This was not a ploy or false advertising as people have suggested in this post,we had every single item listed in the add and we sold out of most of the items.Mr.G placed his order and chose to pay by paypal, I did not force him to pay by paypal or any other means. Until an order is PAID for it is not processed,paypal orders are not paid for right away(paypal pays the vendors when they get to it,we have had to wait 3-4 days for payment).Credit card orders are paid immediately and we process them immediately. This is out of our control,we cant tell paypal we need paid asap to process a persons order.Customers do not realize how paypal works,they may get back an email within minutes saying invoice paid but its not.The vendor gets a notice saying at the time the order was placed there were enough funds in their account to cover this charge,when paypal decides to pay (in a day or 2)if the funds are no longer there and we have already processed and shipped the order,who just lost their butt THE VENDOR. People get on these forums and bad mouth and complain and we are liars and cheaters,but I ask you:

ARE YOU RIGHTFULLY PI$$ED OFF AT TBM,OR SHOULD YOU BE MAD AT PAYPAL FOR NOT PAYING YOUR ORDER IN A TIMELY FASHION?

THANK YOU,
JAMIE GARRETT
Jamie, when I got the call that my order was canceled, I specifically asked if it was because I paid with papal.
I was told that it was not the reason.
I was told that all orders were looked at and processed according to the time they were received.
I'm getting conflicting answers about the issue now.

I run an online business and paypal pays us instantly if the customer has funds in their paypal acccount.
I did have lots of funds in the paypal account I used for my purchase.
I never understood why paypal holds TBM payments.

If I had just known a lot sooner my order was cancelled, I would not have bought a plane specifically for the engine that I was expecting.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:33 PM
Tom in Cincy
My Feedback: (16)

I just got most of my stuff from TBM. The prices were really low and I felt they would sell out very quickly. I spent close to $1k in 5 minutes on 3 different orders. I got a ESM Beaver for $189 which was suppose to come with a free WRCIBEF ($49 value free). The Beaver shipped but no WRCIBEF. Also the mailed invoice mysteriously is missing any mention of this item. I have attached the original Email invoice. I purchased a couple of 921 receivers which had a really nice additional discount that they deleted on the final invoice. Yet another TBM blunder. I am not the only one that has had problems with missing free / promotional items. TBM's credibility is really in question. Its always going to be a tuff retail crowd but TBM makes a bad situation worse with their gray tactics. In conclusion if gjhinshaw is really a TBM rep his comments are truly an embarrassment to your company. Or maybe he really does fit your company profile.
tp
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Om34560.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1326774   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62718.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	1326775  
Old 12-04-2009, 06:46 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

mmmhope that are you nor your address...cause posting personal info online is really bad.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:54 PM
apalsson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jvg69
I did not force him to pay by paypal or any other means. Until an order is PAID for it is not processed,paypal orders are not paid for right away(paypal pays the vendors when they get to it,we have had to wait 3-4 days for payment).Credit card orders are paid immediately and we process them immediately.
Firstly, it's probably fair to mention that I have never bought anything from TBM so I cannot comment on their service one way or the other.

What has me confused though is the above statement.

I also run an online store that accepts Paypal payments. Actually, we use Paypal only.
It is not quite true that Paypal take 3 - 4 days to process payments. As soon as the buyer confirms the purchase, an e-mail goes to both parties to notify of the payment and the funds are instantly in the seller's Paypal account.
Admittedly, if I then want to transfer those funds into my bank account, it may take 3 - 4 days.

All ethical businesses that I'm aware of will accept the Paypal confirmation as a confirmation of payment and immediately ship the goods.
It is not fair or right to state that the seller has received payment only once they transfer the Paypal balance into their bank accounts because while it is in their Paypal account, it is secured there for them.

As I'm convinced TBM management run an ethical business, I can only assume they don't quite know how to operate Paypal and therefore work exclusively on confirmations from their bank account which in itself, is not quite fair on their customers
Old 12-04-2009, 06:58 PM
droland

ORIGINAL: chilechopper

I was coming out of California one time and was cut of by a long haired blonde in a t-top firebird. After laying on the horn and getting my hackle up I noticed her bumper sticker read ''CHILL OUT MISTER, IT'S JUST A LANE CHANGE''. I have applied this a number of times in my life since. I think it approriate here. Just a lane change. LOL,Kenny
That is priceless. I wish I had one of those bumper stickers.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:08 PM
66-stang
My Feedback: (3)

Guy's do yourself a favor and look them up. Check there address on Google earth. They are not the big company you all think. Returns are always an ordeal and you will most likely be talked into a credit, instead of a refund. Their business practices are and have been suspect. There return policy is not incompliance with their merchant agreements! They have some rough roads ahead!
Old 12-04-2009, 08:34 PM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

I received my order TBM today... Nothing major just some servos and extensions. I saw the sale and actually called them up to make sure what I was getting was for the price advertised online and in the quantity it appeared and then, once satisfied I hit the purchase button. No problems with anything... I run by "Ye Olde Addage" If it looks to good to be true... It probably is and you are about to get the shaft! That is why I ALWAYS call to confirm something that appears to good to be true.. Either with a online store or an individual sale. I would rather pass on something questionable than to get the raw end again. I have bought a number of things from TBM and from a lot of other online stores. Knock on wood I have yet to have an experience that was less than pleasant with any hobby shop online... That is not the case however with shops I have been in... LOL

Just an opinion..
Jeff
Old 12-04-2009, 09:49 PM
daleflysrc
My Feedback: (26)

All I can say is !!! What happened to the Zero and P-40. that was supposed to be Like 795.00 when they first advertised them.
I see the Zero is over 1000.00 now !! and has anyone done 3D with one, as advertised
Old 12-04-2009, 10:57 PM
thevirginian

ARE YOU RIGHTFULLY PI$$ED OFF AT TBM,OR SHOULD YOU BE MAD AT PAYPAL FOR NOT PAYING YOUR ORDER IN A TIMELY FASHION? "
"
THANK YOU,
JAMIE GARRETT
Here is my final answer to your question, Mr. Garrett:
I am rightfulle pi$$ed at you and TBM for the way you treated me as your customer. I have absolutely no reason to blame anybody, but you for this outcome. If you now want to put the monkey on Paypal's back, it shows exactly what kind of a business man you are. Paypal had the confirmation of the transaction e-mailed to me and you at 2:41 the same day I placed the order with you. Your order confirmation came right after that. I have a print-out of that on hand and can proof it. If I placed an order for an item that was no longer available, why took it almost a week for you to notify me? Don't give me that computer glitch BS or Paypal excuse again. I am to old to buy that. The reason I started this thread was exactly what I expected it to confirm. I am not alone and it was no accident. Sorry, Mr. Garrett and TBM. This action did have a repercussion you probably did not expect. You should have thought about that beforehand.
Regards
thevirginian
Old 12-04-2009, 11:08 PM
wind junkie

ORIGINAL: daleflysrc

All I can say is !!! What happened to the Zero and P-40. that was supposed to be Like 795.00 when they first advertised them.
I see the Zero is over 1000.00 now !! and has anyone done 3D with one, as advertised
Well, I gotta change props first! Got nearly all the kinks worked out otherwise.

(probably not what you wanted to hear, but this bird has a lot of potential and turns heads big time).
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95562.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1326991  
Old 12-04-2009, 11:52 PM
gjhinshaw
My Feedback: (303)

REALLY NICE PICTURE!!!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 12:21 AM
JOHNS3D

i dont know why people like to make things like universe when are small like a rock. If you want to tell all that to TBM just take the phone and call them.........When people are pissed of sometimes is better not to post, nothing ever good comes of it. Blood pressure can make a difference in a post. The RC market is so huge that nothing will change for TBM, there is a lot of poeple that buy from them and others will never hear about RCU or FG so they will not see this kind of post so is useless, just relax and enjoy. Forums are so cold cause people cant see each other and understand sometimes what they are reading and feel behind a screen

One time i did have a problem with one product....i could post on the forums, and burn the reputation of that "company" after contacted them with a really nice conversation, after waiting they reply and told them that i prefer to make things right and go with them directly not to forums cause people always will understand things different and sometimes others will use that info at their convinience, they gave me a huge support and amazing discount. But of course after to talk with them a lot of times and NEVER like a mad person.

BTW thats a nice bird on the pic!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 08:26 AM
thevirginian

ORIGINAL: gjhinshaw

thevirginian, I have decided to take my post off, Why? Because its not worth the time! It looks like TBM made you a offer. NOW, its up to you!!!
gjhinshaw,
Perhaps you could elaborate on that offer you are talking about. The only offer they made me was a "maybe discount of 5%". Is that the offer you are talking about?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:48 AM
thevirginian

JOHNS3D;
It is obvious that you don't understand why people create and communicate in forums. People, sharing the same interests, want to exchange thoughts and experinces through forums. That doesn't mean I only can share my good and nice experiences in those forums. Or don't you want to find out before you buy a crappy product that you should have saved your money instead? You might be right in that that nothing will change for TBM regarding the number of their customers. But it certainly will help a few by being more careful when it comes to "special deals" on the internet. Whatever your reason may be for using a forum, please don't criticize others for what they use it for.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:31 AM
AJsToyz

Paypal pays on the spot, I have bought and sold with paypal and the money is there seconds later. If you are referring to an e-check that takes a few days. In TBM's defense I have had one reversal and that ticked me off ! I had the money and four days later it was gone. I contacted Paypal and they explained to me they paid me in good faith that the account was open and the money is there in the bank. I explained to them that was there problem I deal in hard cash and not good faith, well you know who the loser will be. Either case Paypal is an instant payment no two ways about it. If you are holding things for 4 days on your own making sure the payment cleared, thats up to you, but don't blame paypal.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 AM
blhollo2
My Feedback: (278)

if it bothers you so much, why not sue them for it? you will lose in court ,trust me i know, but this thread will do more damage than you would imagine, but I would & still will be a customer they have excellent customer service,excellent prices and products of good quality and are not usually "out to get buyers". I will agree with you, this does really suck..the duration in which they gave you notice was disappointing,and not even giving you a raincheck,coupon or credit also tastes like pure lemon limes! but like the ad says limited stock
Old 12-05-2009, 11:33 AM
68goat
My Feedback: (40)

Jamie,

I think that being GM of TBM, or any other company regardless of it's size, comes with the responsibility to project the company's image in the best light possible. To argue back and forth on a website with a frustrated customer doesn't seem to be doing either one of you much good. In the best interest of TBM you should either issue your regrets that your customer had a bad experience or try to work through a solution benificial to both parties.

The ad as read absolutely states that the sale is limited to stock on hand, so it should be clear that rain checks would not be offered. I do not think anyone here would rebut that. The fact that you are letting this get personal and publishing your comments on a public forum is really not helping TBM's reputation. I have been a TBM customer and my dealings have always been pleasant, as I am sure most of your customers has been. I just think there is a more professional way to handle this.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:09 PM
JOHNS3D

TheVirg, i apologize if you takes my pos ont the wrong way, i DO knowand i have learned a lot on this forum and also FG like some others...is GREAT to learn how to setup a airplane, engine, which electronics are good, etc, thats good info isnt?..but i dont see the point to be excited everyday to post more and more things on athread and check what people replied.

Ihave more than 20 years on R/C and the 50% of my company sells and advertise on forums(no rc), and paypal is my #1 method of payment in my business from more than 8 years, so i know a little "BIT" how it works, Ijust move on and leave bad things behind..... if i stay sick, the only person that will be hurt is me. Its like one person buy a chevy and something happen with the car all people says go with ford. There is million of people out there using chevy and just for one or twobad experience they will not stop buying from them. ETC. You have already post your feeling which is great and this foums is about it....but its have been more than a week!!!! well there is peoplewho like to live from this things.

Sorry if this bother you...as is a free forum i think i can explain my point of view, is nothing agains you, im with you in the bad experience thats sucks, but as one user said try to work through a solution benificial to both parties, at least for me has been working great... i did have problems with others companies about order...and most of the time i got free shipping, extra things or at least my parts in a good time, so most of the time this end in a good way...is not good to leave the doors closed cause you will see back and you will have more than later which is really bad.

Never mind....in done with my point of view lol Happy flying!!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 01:12 PM
Waynesworld

In last months Model Aviation magazine they compared TBM to Walmart...I used to by everything from TBM till there customer service and return policies went south. I think they need to revamp there policies and get rid of that Anthony kid. The last straw was when i bought my last TBM muffler called silent beauty. Three of the same mufflers later and $65 in shipping back and forth was when i said enough is enough. I have since switched to Chief aircraft for all my purchases. Very good customer service and very honest company in evry manner. Im sure TBM doesnt miss the $2500 i spent with Chief..remember they are like Walmart.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:18 PM
patternflyer1
My Feedback: (11)

Hmm. Really ashame for TBM here. And for you Virginian. No winners here. But I do feel you are in the right frame of mind Virginian. Computer glitch or not, as business owners, we are responsible for our employees, and what they do, good or bad. We are responsible for our advertising, and editing it so there is no mistakes. If there is a mistake, we rectify it. We are also responsible for our computer software and any mistakes it may cause and rectify it. TBM failed you on this last one IMO. Bummer. Perhaps they are not doing well in this recession, and can not afford to give you the discount with the computer count glitch. This would be a somewhat acceptable explanation if it were so. I have no idea if the recession has anything to do with TBM and any customer complaints as I have no knowlege of their situation, but like many other companies, they are probably hurting also, and probably sinking deeper and deeper into debt like many of us business owners. Many of us are barely hanging on. Many of us are going out of business. Lets remember that we are in a recession, and it is affecting a lot of things with business's that wouldn't normally happen.

As business owners we can't let customers walk all over us. I don't feel that is the case here with the few issue's I have read about in this thread. I feel the computer software did indeed make mistakes. This is something we are responsible for in business. Hopefully TBM can rectify these issues so that this doesn't hurt their Christmas sales. They could be depending on a good Christmas to survive.

Sorry you didn't get your deals guys! I feel your pain. Good luck to you and TBM. These are tough times we are in.

Chris
Old 12-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Tom in Cincy
My Feedback: (16)

This thread is is getting like a thousand hits a day. I feel sorry for TBM in a way, but their excuses have got shot down faster than the Iraqi air force. Blaming the computer when all invoices are posted and modified to assure max profit by the sales manager and blaming Paypal is too shallow. I agree comparing TBM to Walmart in the AMA article was a bit absurd. And Mr Garret you can keep your free fifty dollar battery eliminator I don't need it.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:19 PM
droland

ORIGINAL: Tom in Cincy

I just got most of my stuff from TBM. The prices were really low and I felt they would sell out very quickly. I spent close to $1k in 5 minutes on 3 different orders. I got a ESM Beaver for $189 which was suppose to come with a free WRCIBEF ($49 value free). The Beaver shipped but no WRCIBEF. Also the mailed invoice mysteriously is missing any mention of this item. I have attached the original Email invoice. I purchased a couple of 921 receivers which had a really nice additional discount that they deleted on the final invoice. Yet another TBM blunder. I am not the only one that has had problems with missing free / promotional items. TBM's credibility is really in question. Its always going to be a tuff retail crowd but TBM makes a bad situation worse with their gray tactics. In conclusion if gjhinshaw is really a TBM rep his comments are truly an embarrassment to your company. Or maybe he really does fit your company profile.
tp
Wow, I had forgotten about this type of deal.
On my first (phone) order, it was to be a plane (discounted), some parts, and an engine which has the usual offer of free gadget and shipping discount.
The Sales Order showed all of the items, shipping discount and a free drill guide.

Then I got an Invoice, and the free shipping discount and free drill guide had been removed.
They said the salesman made a mistake and only one discount per order is allowed.
So I deleted everything but the plane from that order.

It didn't make much sense to me, as I could place second order for the engine alone and get the freebies offered with it.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Tx_RcFlyer
My Feedback: (7)

Reading between the lines of the entire thread and what appears to be questionable business practices based on those who have dealt with TBM, perhaps this needs to be reported as potential internet fraud and let the Feds take a look and determine if there is a legal issue here. http://www.usa.gov/Citizen/Topics/Internet_Fraud.shtml
Old 12-05-2009, 05:05 PM
thevirginian

Tx RcFflyer
I know I probably have not only one but two legs to stand on against TBM if I want to pursue this matter. As I said before I got written proof of a legitimate purchase order in my hand as well as the corresponding transaction by Paypal. When I placed my order the engine was still in stock. At least that what it showed. And TBM admitted a mistake on their end. I don't need more trumps in my hand. What I don't have, though, is a written cancellation that I was promised by Mr. Garrett. I'll wait till Monday, then he'll hear from me again.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:32 PM
Tx_RcFlyer
My Feedback: (7)

Not a problem thevirinian.

I was offering another avenue for anyone who feels they have been defrauded by internet purchases not just by TBM, but any internet vendor. Your circumstances are unfortunate and I'm still trying to figure out why the logistics of how a vendor process his payments once the customer has paid in full is the customers fault. Just poor business practices\ethics and with those business practices\ethics, I don't see longevity in a company who does not put customer service as the number one priority.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.