Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

New small gasser

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:09 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New small gasser

This may be my next small gas engine as it looks to run the way a engine should run. Click on link & enjoy. Capt,n http://www.youtube.com/user/axarmodel http://www.youtube.com/user/axarmodel#p/a/u/2/
JC Engines - Area28 - New Model

These are made to our own specification.
We have GENUINE WALBRO carburettors - NOT the copies that other manufacturers have fitted to their engines. We have CM6 Spark plugs fitted as standard and the very latest Chromed cylinders and Quality Roller bearings throughout.
These engines are manufactured for us by a factory that is very experienced within the requirements of RC flying power curve requirements. These are one of the most powerful 28cc Engines on the market.

Proper Quality Control in place at each point of the process from the raw materials right through to the manufacturing, assembling and predelivery inspections. are what set these engines apart.
These engines are fully QC inspected so that you, the customer, are assured that you receive the very best value for money.

These engines are well powered, reliable and are backed by a full 2 year warranty and supported by us, the authorized reseller or the Distributor in Australia. They are supplied as a full “Ready to go†package and include the exhaust shown, industry proven RCExcel electronic auto advance ignition and stand-offs.

We also have a full range of accessories to suit these engines, Standoffs of various lengths, Pitts mufflers, Exhaust Canister systems, Spinners (the front of the crank is drilled to accept a spinner bolt), Various lengths of Throttle arms etc.

Specifications:

Engine Displacement (cc)- 28cc
Bore x Stroke (mm) - 1.37"x1.14" (35mmx29mm)
Carburetor- Walbro
Ignition- RCEXL System
Power supply- 4.8V
Weight - with ignition & muffler- 38.8 ounces (1100g)
Weight - w/o ignition & muffler- 33.2 ounces (941g)
Maximum Output- 3.0hp
Speed range- 1200-9500rpm
Gas/Oil Mix- 32:1-40:1 (87 octane gas)
Propeller
X4RyQwp5b_w Note to see the engine runing on test stand..click on small photo on the right JC Evo 2
Old 12-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New small gasser

It is also known as the RC Aero 28 in North America. You can see it here:

http://www.rcaer.com/store/Details.c...=59&category=2

(edit) Also here is the manual:

http://www.rcaer.com/pages/files/RC%...ual%202010.pdf

Old 12-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Piston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Captinjohn

They are great engines..... and you are correct about the power of the engine... This is our Version 2 of the engine.
Steve and I have been working with the factory to develop and bring this engine to the market. We are extremely pleased with the results. So are the guys who have bought, installed and flying it now. Anyway... more vids are here.. In a couple of weeks we will be getting more vids.

The flying video on the 28cc - the 3rd and 4th one... This is one of the best plane flying videos I have seen. Crap... this guy is flying and doing "in your face" maneuvering. Just outstanding piloting. I got a lot of practicing to do....

[link=http://www.rcaer.com/pages/Videos.cfm]28cc Engine vids[/link]

We have 4 videos of the engine in various poses... on the test stands and in the air...
And they are available here in the US right now....

Cheers to all
Henry

Old 12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
ispirit99

Just ordered the 28cc for my ESM Stuka. With the Canon's mounted this will work better for me than a 26cc. Lot's of drag. I have been watching this engine for a while. With the new version and free shipping, [after runniing the numbers on this and other engins] I am getting the most bang and quality for my Bucks. By the way, those are some really nice flying videos.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:38 PM
captinjohn

Is the RC Aero 28 sold in North America the exact same engine talked about in post 1 that is sold in Austrailia? Thanks Capt,n
Old 12-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Super08

Yes, they are partners.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:02 PM
aussiesteve

Well, not exactly partners but we do a lot of things together

Henry (Piston) runs RC Aero in North America

I run YD Models Australia

We first got together when we were both assisting a Chinese company to get their engines up and running that company did some weird things so we decided to seek other suppliers.

We found JC engines in China (I am the Australian importer of them) and added those to the range- this is the 28cc that you see on both sites, as well as the JC 53 (Known as Area 51 in some parts of the world) and the JC 106 (Known as the Area 102 in some parts of the world)

Henry and I have also collaborated on some new engine designs known as YD-A engines (YD- Australia - thanks for asking). For now, I manufacture them here in West Oz on my existing production machinery (despite the many wildly incorrect rumors and uninformed guesses). later - as economy of scale dictates, they wil also be manufactured in North America (A huge investment to have 2 sets of machinery so don't hold your breath on it happening in 2009). Those engines are solely available through RC Aero products in North America, Myself or Model Aviation in Australia.

The JC / RC Aero 28cc is a very impressive engine. Most certainly one of the best I have seen in the 26-30cc size range come from China.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:22 AM
captinjohn

A fellow RC fan wants to know if the JC28 engine will be the right size for a Sig Spacewalker around 1/4 scale and weigh about 14 pounds? Thanks Capt,n
Old 12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
millertym2000
My Feedback: (4)

After reading a lot of posts here on RCU I am looking at getting one of these. I'm thinking about putting it in a 1.20 size ultimate. Should be a great fit. Looks like I'll be talking to Henry real soon.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:28 AM
LOCKTUMBLER

Been following the RCGF and the Aerovate threads with interest and now this one. Can some one tell me the difference between the V1 and V2 of the JC 28? Also, is this offering in the UK a V1 or V2 JC28 http://globalrc.co.uk/jc%20engine.html
Got a 68" SU26 from the same company (made by http://goldwingrc.com/en/ProductView.asp?ID=86) looking for an engine. Many thanks.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:22 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: LOCKTUMBLER

Been following the RCGF and the Aerovate threads with interest and now this one. Can some one tell me the difference between the V1 and V2 of the JC 28? Also, is this offering in the UK a V1 or V2 JC28 http://globalrc.co.uk/jc%20engine.html
Got a 68'' SU26 from the same company (made by http://goldwingrc.com/en/ProductView.asp?ID=86) looking for an engine. Many thanks.
The v1 and v2 are very different engines.
Easiest way to tell is the v1 had a cylinder where the spark plug was angled. the v2 has a vertical plug.
I doubt many (if any) distributors still have the v1's in stock as there were very few of them made.

That link is most definitley a V2.

The V2 is significantly more powerful than its predecessor too.

The JC 28 (AKA - Aerovate 28) is an excellent match for the plane you have linked to. There is a video floating around cyberspace somewhere showing those two matched together.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:05 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Is the RC Aero 28 sold in North America the exact same engine talked about in post 1 that is sold in Austrailia? Thanks Capt,n
Hi John,

It's the same engine. JC Engines 28cc EVO 2
http://www.modelaviation.com.au/cata...roducts_id=103

Old 02-10-2010, 06:36 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A 14 pound, 1/4 scale Spacewalker and the 28 would be a very good match.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:12 AM
LOCKTUMBLER

aussiesteve,
Many thanks for the prompt reply.
Didn't want to end up buying a V1 when I knew there was a V2 available.
Looks like I will be buying yet another engine to add to my three figure engine collection (ranges from Cox TeeDee 010's up to DL50's)
Old 02-11-2010, 09:42 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: apalsson

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

Hi John,

It's the same engine. JC Engines 28cc EVO 2
http://www.modelaviation.com.au/cata...roducts_id=103

Yup, I have a friend that is kinda interested in one. Be a good easy to run engine for a peson just getting into gassers. Thanks Capt,n
Old 02-11-2010, 10:30 PM
RACJ

I also have a Sig 1/4 scale Spacewalker new and was going to use a Saito 150 but no more glow for me in this size. TOM,do you feel the 28 is all the engine this plane needs and can effectively use or would you wait for one of the 38cc RCAero is coming out with. I have 2 of the 28cc NIB but I can use them in other planes if need be. Also 18" is max prop clearance with stock landing gear(I don't want to change it) I trust your opinion on this. THANKS
Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 PM
captinjohn

TOM......You have a question from RACJ.............
Old 07-05-2010, 09:17 PM
deadstick8409

Is this engine stronger than a G38?
Old 07-05-2010, 09:20 PM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Unlikely
Old 07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
captinjohn

My friend never did get the JC28. So I do not have one in this area to tell how strong they do run. I guess I kinda lost interest in that one for a while!!! Capt,n
Old 07-05-2010, 10:21 PM
Piston

Hey Captinjohn
Just to put some context into our JC 28cc engine.
Here is a picture and description (from TBM website) [link=http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/ESMLA7-80.html]TBM - ESM Lavochkin LA-80"[/link].

Wing Span: 80" (2032 mm)
Length: 65" (1650 mm)
Wing area: 67.39sq. ft (68.7 sq dm)
Wing Loading: 37.2 oz/sq. ft (113.6 g/sq. dm)
Flying Weight: 16.9 lbs (7700g) *Weight Information
Radio: 6ch & 8 servos
Gas Engine: 38cc to 50cc

Steve Thomas who is the North American distributor of XOAR Props, built one of these BEAUTIFUL Russion LA-7 arfs, and installed the JC 28cc into it. He has over 25 flights with this combination and he is absolutely impressed with it. According to him, the plane flies will a lot of authority and more than enough power.

BUT....
In the above specs.. notice the engine use suggestions.......and notice the weight... Steve's plane is about 17.5 pounds all up.
Every time he flies the plane, the guys are convinced he has one the YD-A 56cc engines in it.... He loves seeing their expressions when they find out a 28cc is running it.

I am trying to get some pics of his L7 and I will post them.
This engine is a powerhouse.

Cheers
Henry

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42849.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	1463727