YD-A 56 vs. DLE 55

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 03:30 PM
RC Pile It
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

OK guys(and any Gals..)

Here it is: I started a thread to report your personal engine performance statistics, but what do you know, there is already one of those here! Thanks John for posting this for all of us(that didn't know) to learn about...

The Tach forum seems to have this already accomplished.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_173/tt.htm

John
Old 12-19-2009, 03:38 PM
RC Pile It

Due to the overwhelming amount of "mudslinging", I am done trying to have an intelligent "comparison" with the YD-A. Thanks for the idea though!
Old 12-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Dan M
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: YD-A 56 vs. DLE 55

ORIGINAL: RC Pile It

I would like to do an unbiased comparison between these two engines. I have owned my YD-A 56 for a month or so now, and just recieved my DLE 55 last night. I do not favor one over the other, I have not been approached by either company to do this, nor have I recieved any ''special'' deals/offers by either, so I will try to be as equal/unbiased as possible. I live at 6000' above sea level, so the performance numbers will be low, but they will be equal tests, to the best of my abilities! If there are any specific areas you would like to see answers to, please feel free to let me know, and I will do my best to answer any/all questions within a day, or so...
this is the first post in this thread , why has no one called RC Pile O to task for this ???

he makes it seem as if he just got both the engines in the last few weeks , when by his own admission here he had experience with one of the engines for months on end , And apparently threatened one of the engine manufactures that he would write a bad review , over a refund issue , MONTHS ago .

he sets the tone for his testing with this first post , a tone that is simply not representative of the actual truth .

Old 12-19-2009, 04:11 PM
RC Pile It

Seriously Dan M,

The Highest Respected Single individual on the forum has stated(and no one has rebutted) that:

"Based on my knowledge of each engine type I cannot dispute the results obtained in RC Pile It's tests."

" There are some basic design differences between the two manufacturers that establishes some rather dramatic performance differences. I won't say one is better than the other but the DLE's are much higher revving. That cannot be disputed with any level of honesty."

"Some people flat out knew what the test results would indicate long before RC Pile It got into his tests. That why I made some pretty strong suggestions about how to perform the tests. The 4 to 5 hour break in period came from me. If a ring won't seat in that period of time is might never do so, and you have to decide when an engine should be well within reasonable parts fit parameters. 3 hours should do it, but going 4 or 5 hours is beyond adequate. When I first came into this thread I deliberately presented the appearance of being hostile to what RC Pile It was trying to do. That was the only way I could provide test basis input without an appearance of showing favoritism."

"There is definately some mud being slung in this thread, and some things being stated that are, imo, not true. However, I have not seen those in RC Pile It's posts."

Can you please stop repetedly trying to stir up mud? Try being constructive(for once), see what happens! Its a really nice feeling inside! Maybe you need a nap as well....
Old 12-19-2009, 04:18 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

[quote]ORIGINAL: Dan M

I would like to do an unbiased comparison between these two engines. I have owned my YD-A 56 for a month or so now, and just recieved my DLE 55 last night. I do not favor one over the other, I have not been approached by either company to do this, nor have I recieved any ''special'' deals/offers by either, so I will try to be as equal/unbiased as possible. I live at 6000' above sea level, so the performance numbers will be low, but they will be equal tests, to the best of my abilities! If there are any specific areas you would like to see answers to, please feel free to let me know, and I will do my best to answer any/all questions within a day, or so...
this is the first post in this thread , why has no one called RC Pile O to task for this ???

he makes it seem as if he just got both the engines in the last few weeks , when by his own admission here he had experience with one of the engines for months on end , And apparently threatened one of the engine manufactures that he would write a bad review , over a refund issue , MONTHS ago .

he sets the tone for his testing with this first post , a tone that is simply not representative of the actual truth .

Dan M...... Where is this threat he (RC PILE IT) made to one of the engine manufactures? I did not see it. So you say you know all the truth...lets hear it! Capt,n
Old 12-19-2009, 04:21 PM
Dan M

Seriously Dan M,

The Highest Respected Single individual on the forum has stated(and no one has rebutted) that:

''Based on my knowledge of each engine type I cannot dispute the results obtained in RC Pile It's tests.''

'' There are some basic design differences between the two manufacturers that establishes some rather dramatic performance differences. I won't say one is better than the other but the DLE's are much higher revving. That cannot be disputed with any level of honesty.''

''Some people flat out knew what the test results would indicate long before RC Pile It got into his tests. That why I made some pretty strong suggestions about how to perform the tests. The 4 to 5 hour break in period came from me. If a ring won't seat in that period of time is might never do so, and you have to decide when an engine should be well within reasonable parts fit parameters. 3 hours should do it, but going 4 or 5 hours is beyond adequate. When I first came into this thread I deliberately presented the appearance of being hostile to what RC Pile It was trying to do. That was the only way I could provide test basis input without an appearance of showing favoritism.''

''There is definately some mud being slung in this thread, and some things being stated that are, imo, not true. However, I have not seen those in RC Pile It's posts.''

Can you please stop repetedly trying to stir up mud? Try being constructive(for once), see what happens! Its a really nice feeling inside! Maybe you need a nap as well....
will you please address the Fact that you lied in the first post of this thread ?

you owned one of the engines for months , since what ? Feb ? and you had a refund/warranty issue with one of engine manufactures that resulted in you sending email threatening to post a bad review of said engine .

try to answer the question without being so deflective .

Old 12-19-2009, 04:36 PM
captinjohn

ORIGINAL: Tseres

I'm back from my shower now and don't want to be accused of ducking out. Had a Pm rom RC P I. telling me about he comparison I made to WWI. You see he doesn't get it. He is so hell bent on revenge that he is blinded by his actions.Its out there that he has an Ax to grind with Henry. And that he also said that he is going to make him pay. Now that alone is enough to make you discredit his findings.

As for you Checklist. Go and Buy a DA it is a well proven commodity. If you aren't familiar with gas engines then you need to know that they are the best and have the least problems.

So for business people. It is a well documented truth that the Chinese are aggressive business business people and don't like competition. I wouldn't put it past them to hire RC P I to discredit YD/A because it poses a threat to their bottom line. All you people need to have a clear mind about this.
Tseres, this is the most ridiculas statment I have ever read and you posted It! You said ..."I would not put it past the Chinese" to hire RC Pile It to discredit YD/A because it poses a threat to their bottom line. Man get real. Are you in some kind of dream world? That statement has got to win some kink of contest! Capt,n
Old 12-19-2009, 04:45 PM
RC Pile It

Dan,

Please get your "Facts" Straight!...Please!...Seriously!( like how does "A month and a half from 8 DEC 09=Feb.?!?!?)How long have YD-A's been out? Come on HERO? They were still revamping wrist-pin bearing issues that delayed mine from shipping...When was that HERO? Come on, you got all the answers...Right, You "KNOW IT ALL" don't you...HERO?

You have been nothing short of Rude, and Beligerant, and for what? What do you possibly have to gain by repeatedly slandering my thread? Do you really have Nothing better to do? Good God!

" If you can't impress people with your intelligents, try overwehlming them with Repeated Nonsence!"
Or just educate yourself, and try, try again....Nah, this way's easier

I'll ask again, what do you have to gain...?

Just in case the obvious have evaded you, Here is what it says, in bold black letters right above every box that you type into:

"Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.!! (RCU Policies)"

Seriously, They started out with the "Magic Word"

Apparently you are above these rules? Or just don't care ?!?
Old 12-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Unfortunately this thread had gotten out of control, or more accurately, some of the posters have. It appears that some may be unhappy with the results of the comparison, and so have elected to attack the person performing the tests. What would have happened had an independant propulsion been the one to have performed tests and made public the results? Had the results been the other way around would others have become displeased and attacked the lab?

This simply proves that when a winner and a loser are involved, one side will be unhappy, even if they do not personally own either of the tested products. I can state with absolute candor that with any of the "off the shelf" engine products I have handled there has been a lack of consistency in both tolerance accuracy and performance with all of them, so differences will always be present.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:55 PM
captinjohn

Well lets not shut it down....people need to know the truth on something!!! Capt,n
Old 12-19-2009, 05:02 PM
RC Pile It

Sorry Guys....(And Thanks Capt'n)

I don't know why these guys have to get on here and "play Games"

I am guessing that all of the Moderators, and Managers are really busy today....But I have tryed to take care of this "Constructively", and properly. It just isn't working...
Old 12-19-2009, 05:08 PM
Kelly

I'm fairly new to the forum section of this great web site (this was my first thread subscription). I can not believe how a few of these CRAZY posters are acting. You guys are nuts, I'd be embarrased to call myself an adult. Who in their right mind. takes anything on any forum as gospel. I thought this would be fun to follow, turns out it was just a train wreck and a fairly entertaining soap opera. RC Pile it, please just do what you originally set out to do and ignore all these HATERS!
Old 12-19-2009, 06:06 PM
CapMan
My Feedback: (219)

I cannot beleive I am reading posts written by reasonable adults, nor can I beleive that RCU has let this get so far out of hand.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Tired Old Man

His results are accurate enough (imo) for reasonable assumptions to be made. If he was to obtain a copy of the Rievers Thrust Calculator he could plug in the rpm numbers and the prop type and sizes to cme up with some pretty close numbers. I don't have a copy on this laptop to attach so you folks will have to obtain a copy yourself. The spreadsheet doesn't care what engine is used, only the props and a few other input items. People only need to have a little faith where the rpm numbers are concerned.

Yes, it is all to easy to stack a deck in favor of a given product, especially where a lab environment and data collection are not involved or recorded. Anyone can do this, but somewhere along the line we still have to believe in something. I work with a lot of different engines in a lot of different configurations. Testing and documentation is what I do, and frequently the data recording is done by hand since there may not be direct digitized conversion of the data stream. The recorded data is just as accurate as that derived from direct computer input. Often tests provide results that differ greatly from what had originally been predicted or anticipated, but equally as often the results were easily predictable. You have to keep an open mind when conducting a test even if you have an initial preference towards any given product. Since the typical user or engine manufacturer does not have a dyno they have to depend on rpm and thrust calcs obtained through various means to develop performance data. The results of those tests are more than enough to determine useful output.

That RC Pile It likely had a personal preference in this comparison I won't enter into or dispute, but my feelings are that he did compare on an "apples to apples" basis. I work with engines I don't much care for, but have to accept test results as being what they are, regardless of personal preferences. To attack the person does not discredit the results. Others have an equal opportunity to perform their own tests to validate the data collected in ths comparison. They only need to buy an engine from each manufacturer, a few props, a couple of accurate data loggers, build two test stands, and design and construct a couple of cooling systems. Then simply devote a lot of time and effort to a project that develops results for everybody to argue and debate.

Perhaps both manufacturers would be willing to send their engines out to Sonex Labs for a comparison tests. The problem is that in doing so they will likely need to raise the price of their products a few hundred dollars per unit to cover the tremendous fees that would be incurred for the tests.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Dan M

Dan,

Please get your ''Facts'' Straight!...Please!...Seriously!( like how does ''A month and a half from 8 DEC 09=Feb.?!?!?)How long have YD-A's been out? Come on HERO? They were still revamping wrist-pin bearing issues that delayed mine from shipping...When was that HERO? Come on, you got all the answers...Right, You ''KNOW IT ALL'' don't you...HERO?

You have been nothing short of Rude, and Beligerant, and for what? What do you possibly have to gain by repeatedly slandering my thread? Do you really have Nothing better to do? Good God!

'' If you can't impress people with your intelligents, try overwehlming them with Repeated Nonsence!''
Or just educate yourself, and try, try again....Nah, this way's easier

I'll ask again, what do you have to gain...?

Just in case the obvious have evaded you, Here is what it says, in bold black letters right above every box that you type into:

''Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.!! (RCU Policies)''

Seriously, They started out with the ''Magic Word''

Apparently you are above these rules? Or just don't care ?!?
none of what you have said changes the fact that you DID NOT tell anyone when you started the thread that you had problems with one of the engines going back MONTHS , AND THAT YOU THREATENED TO WRITE A BAD REVIEW OF SAID ENGINE HERE ON RCU , IF YOUR REFUND WAS NOT ISSUED .

you did not tell anyone the entire story until your hand was forced by one of the engine manufactures posting here .

the "test" results don't matter , everyone knew what the "findings" would be , what matters is that you were NOT HONEST about your reasons for doing the test .

you should have come clean in post one about the fact that you had a warranty / refund issue that you were not happy about with one engine manufacture that goes back MONTHS .

your efforts to shrug off the facts about your experience with the engine manufacturer are laughable at best , i have never seen anyone wiggle and squirm so much to avoid admitting that their original post on this thread was MISLEADING .

you sir , are a "Sneaky Snake" .

Old 12-19-2009, 07:44 PM

OK How about engines, not bull!!
Tom P
Old 12-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Tired Old Man

Dan,

Not defending anyone here but from personal experience with both manufacturers' products RC's results are well within the scope what would have been found by anyone. There's a lot of story not being told in here. If RC is holding something back, or has other motiffs, he's not alone. There are others in this thread that have motiffs of their own in what they say and represent. I guarantee there are some that do not want me to speak freely on my analysis of each engine.

So we might consider accepting the results for what they are for the moment. Until someone else steps up and does another side by side test, impartial or not, this is what you have.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:55 PM
advanceandy
My Feedback: (116)

RC Pile It Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with their experience
Old 12-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

ORIGINAL: Tseres

I'm back from my shower now and don't want to be accused of ducking out. Had a Pm rom RC P I. telling me about he comparison I made to WWI. You see he doesn't get it. He is so hell bent on revenge that he is blinded by his actions.Its out there that he has an Ax to grind with Henry. And that he also said that he is going to make him pay. Now that alone is enough to make you discredit his findings.

As for you Checklist. Go and Buy a DA it is a well proven commodity. If you aren't familiar with gas engines then you need to know that they are the best and have the least problems.

So for business people. It is a well documented truth that the Chinese are aggressive business business people and don't like competition. I wouldn't put it past them to hire RC P I to discredit YD/A because it poses a threat to their bottom line. All you people need to have a clear mind about this.
Tseres, this is the most ridiculas statment I have ever read and you posted It! You said ...''I would not put it past the Chinese'' to hire RC Pile It to discredit YD/A because it poses a threat to their bottom line. Man get real. Are you in some kind of dream world? That statement has got to win some kink of contest! Capt,n
You can have the last word so long as it's not about me. You obviously can't tell a sarcastic remark when you read one.Your opinion is more biased then mine.
I don't have a problem with his results or the test. My problem is his motive for doing it. Some of you are missing the point.
If you guys will let me, I promised to leave him alone. Now is your chance to end it with me. All you have to do is leave me out of your bull
TOM. With respect. I think you want a fair test to be done. You are not going to get one here. I really don't care who comes out on top in any test.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:10 PM
Phoenex

my feelings are that he did compare on an "apples to apples" basis.
Seems that nobody has pointed out the fact that Y-DA is just trying to get started up and going while DL-DLE has been around a much longer time. Over time these manufactures do make fixes and tweak the design. The designers are now so upset they may shut down the whole show. I, for one certainly hope this does not happen.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Dan M

ORIGINAL: Tired Old Man

Dan,

Not defending anyone here but from personal experience with both manufacturers' products RC's results are well within the scope what would have been found by anyone. There's a lot of story not being told in here. If RC is holding something back, or has other motiffs, he's not alone. There are others in this thread that have motiffs of their own in what they say and represent. I guarantee there are some that do not want me to speak freely on my analysis of each engine.

So we might consider accepting the results for what they are for the moment. Until someone else steps up and does another side by side test, impartial or not, this is what you have.
Tom

i have no problem with the results of the "test" are were what was expected , my one and ONLY problem is that RC pile O has not been truthful about his motivation from the start .

he bought one engine , ran it , modified it , and asked for a refund , then threatened to post a bad review over the refund issue , then bought an engine to REPLACE the first engine and then came here stating he was going to a do "an unbiased comparison" of the two engines , that is not possible given his Disposition towards one of the engines .

that , and the fact that RCPILEO will not come clean about any of it is my only problem with this thread .

Dan
Old 12-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

RC do you happen to have a 24 inch prop 6-8 pitch you copulod toss on the YA, And report back your RPM findings, if the engine is designed for torque that will show it.

I don't understand any manufacture to post such a HP figure W/O doing some serious testing to back it up.
I have talked with Steeve a little on a few occasions and he does not strike me as that sort of a fellow.
I don't happen to have a 24 inch prop or I would sent it to you for the test, mine are to small or to large.

BTW, I want to thank you for the time spent doing this even with all the nonsense going on .
Old 12-19-2009, 09:01 PM
TxDiveBomber

Well I just checked YD-A or any other brand sold by this mfg off my list of engines to own. I will not tolerate the childish “I’ll take my toy’s and go home” attitude. The only thing this review did for me was give the mfg enough rope which he subsequently hung himself by his own words. As a consumer I expect a certain level of professionalism from a vendor and/or mfg. At this point I could careless what the numbers are or what the reviewer/s think of the motor. I’ve seen all I need to see from this mfg to make my choice for me.

As unfortunate as this is I’d like to thank everyone on both sides for posting. I hope the mods leave this thread mostly intact so the consumer can make an informed decision about who they buy from.

On a similar note I had the pleasure of going to the Toledo show a few years back. All I can say is what an eye opener that was. I learned real fast who I did and did not want to do business with. One popular engine builder wouldn’t give me the time of day when they felt like I wasn’t there to buy an engine on the spot (even though I was planning to) so I took my business down the road. Another Mfg was extremely rude when I was in their booth carrying a plastic bag displaying a competitor’s name that was given to me just minutes earlier. Some vendors thought answering questions about their products was beneath them so they answered all questions in an arrogant, condescending manor. To this day I have yet to give any of them a wooden nickels worth of business. Which is a real shame too because a few of them sell fantastic products.

On the flip side of the coin most of the vendor/mfg’s were completely professional. The two that stuck out the most to me were Balsa USA and Wendell Hostetler (and wife). I can honestly say that it was all my pleasure getting the chance to talk to them. Both were a great bunch of people that would answer any question in a manor that was not only professional but fun loving. You could tell they had a real passion for the hobby and you couldn’t help but find their passion contagious. Mr. Hostetler must have talked to me for over three hours while his wife and mine chewed the fat about “Boy’s and their toys”. I found myself hanging on his every word like a little kid that was having his favorite story read to him. Since the show I’ve given both of them my business.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:38 PM
barndawg77

I'm floatin' in the same rubber dingy with ya Bomber...scoot over, dammit! I might as well add, since I've followed this thread from the beginning, that if indeed RCPileit did in fact plan this whole thing just to discredit YD-A engines...well, his plan worked flawlessly thanks to every single one of the posts from people that were calling him out, as well as the MFG just basically throwing a fit on here. He KNEW that would happen, and the company would hang from a noose constructed from their own words because he has delt with them before hand, and knew this is EXACTLY HOW THAT PERSON WOULD REACT IN THE END!!! So, I guess RC Pile It wins thanks to all y'all bashing him and getting this thread to blow up into Days of our Lives... LMAO!!! That's just one way of looking at it of course, I could be wrong.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:48 PM
RC Pile It

Ok, You asked for this!!!

You want the truth? Really? Are you sure?!?

Here goes. The truth is that I was blatantly lied to! from the 6.2 hp, to parts origin, to when and why the shipping was delayed, ...etc( a bunch of lies!)
I don't have a copy of the original letter to Henry, but I never threatened him with a "Bad Review". I gave him an "ultimatum", purely to see how confident he was in his product! And that was it! I did tell him that I didn't belive that the results would be too flattering to his product(based on what others at my fielf experience with their DLE), but that I was going to give it a fair try, if he wanted me to. The "ultimatum" was if he wanted to issue a complete refund, before my DLE showed up, I would return his engine, and defective parts, and wouldn't be able to do a comparison, revealing anything that might be better left alone! I felt that I needed to put a little pressure, because rumor has it, he isn't very fast with refunds(from another thread) So this letter would accomplish two things...But, when I hadn't heard anything for 5 days, and my DLE arrived, I figured that Henry was very confident in his product, which was actually exciting to me! So, on with the tests! Two days into the tests, Henry finally said that he would have done the refund, but had some personal issues, so that is why he didn't respond earlier...SUCK!

So now I am committed( and s#*tin' kittens) to do something that was going to hurt him.Now any intelligent person, who can read, would know that I really didn't want to do that, 'cause if I did, then why in the world would I offer to buy another engine, at full price, that they broke in and tuned to their liking? Why would I have continued to run their engine for hours, even though it wasn't making a difference? Why would I have still continued to boast about the awesome customer service, Why would I have begged Henry(and others) for advice on how to do this without negitive results, and most importantly...Why would I have put up with all of the slander, and B.S.(until now), in an attempt to save face of someone who is nothing more than a lier! Yes, A lier!

I told Henry that he would have an advantage, as the YD had already accured hours of running, I also offered to replace, at my own expense, if that would make it fairer, I offered to run what ever prop "they" wanted me to run(on both) in an attempt to "make them look better", I even asked/begged Henry to help me with this, as I didn't want to throw anyone under the bus, I told him that the last thing that I wanted to do is support the "Others". This country was built on the "little Guys" With a dream, now it is turning into the "others" with a bad plan, and that I wanted nothing to do with it!. So yes, this was going very biased,In their favor, but I was corrected and told to stick to a plan, so I did! and they still got their A##'s handed to them.( I can prove any of these conversations Monday morning, if anyone would like. Just pm/email me and I will send a copy of which ever conversation I need to).

Read very carefully through (all of) the posts, and you will see that there was nothing that I could do to prevent this from happening! It was in the cards long before I came into the picture! If only certain people had been HONEST from the start, this thread wouldn't have happened! If only Certain people would just MAN-UP, we would all be fine, but No, They are hiding behind even more lies, which normally would be fine, they are comprimising my good name, and I have had enough! I am tired of people with absolutely no integrity challenging mine to save themselves from a predeturmined path developed on lies!

I feel bad for the people who were drug into this, as I was, just to save face of the "others". I trully believe that they were just lied to also, and that is why they are so deturmined to defend what they believe in. It is easier to believe lies than truths huh?

I copied the end of Henry's letter to me dated 13 Dec 09, where Henry offered to return the engine to "prefect opperating condition" under warranty, on an earlier post. If all of this was over a warranty "issue" than why would I have that? If it was really all that big of a deal, then why would I offer to buy another engine(if I didn't believe in them?) If I wasn't being honest, and up-front, than why would I go though everything that I have dealt with in an attempt to save someone that might have lied to me about something, and then tryed to drag my name down to save their own??? SERIOUSLY?!? Read through this thread, with an open mind, and realize where all of the lies are placed! All of the mis-quoting, all of the slander, all of the defirmation of (whos)charactor! When in the end, The truth surfaced! If only certain things happened in a slighter faster means, the "Truth" might have been kept in bay for a while longer, but it was only a matter of time before someone else, who spent their hard earned money on something that was blatantly false advertised, would have done something similar( or God forbid...worse). You can only lie to so many people before your story will be challenged, and the truth will always win out in THE END!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.